Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fergie offered the England job twice.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Think curbs will get a mention at least...they were close.
  • Options
    After releasing his book Keane should have received a life time ban. He stated clearly that he deliberately "did" Haaland, and would do the same again, i.e. he'd deliberately go out to severely injure an opponent who had offended him. How the police didn't come knocking I'll never know. I'm sure if I went out in the street and deliberately broke somebodies leg, and then bragged about in writing later, that the police would be asking exactly why they should do be for GBH.
  • Options

After releasing his book Keane should have received a life time ban. He stated clearly that he deliberately "did" Haaland, and would do the same again, i.e. he'd deliberately go out to severely injure an opponent who had offended him. How the police didn't come knocking I'll never know. I'm sure if I went out in the street and deliberately broke somebodies leg, and then bragged about in writing later, that the police would be asking exactly why they should do be for GBH.

Well said/written!
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Granpa said:

A great Manager, but for me highly dislikeable. David Beckham is an icon, and legend IN WORLD FOOTBALL. For Ferguson to prattle on about him not being that at Man Utd is nonsense.

At a time when there is much debate about what "goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing", Fergies book blows that out of the water. From a fans perspective its gripping stuff and I wish Curbs book had been more interesting and enlightening, but from a players perspective, as Keane has said it is a betrayal.

It will be interesting to see how Becks reacts, he has always held his dignity by keeping his own counsel, even against the implied criticism of his wife.
    Keane is a hypocrite, was happy enough to take the money for his own book and tell the Haaland story, earning himself a ban and so letting down his team.

I'll be buying it for my Dad (United fan) then borrowing it for a read myself once he's read it.
    Quite right. Keane destroyed anything good in his career for me with that Haaland story. The guy's despicable.
  • Options
    come on folks keano and haaland didn't like each other , so keano said he set out to do him, it was obvious it didn't need saying that tackle was so x rated it was madness , but ob get real

• Options
    Duncan Ferguson did time for what he did to someone he he didn't really have a problem with!

Horses for courses but if I was Alfe Inge Haaland and had my livelihood ended by what Keane did I would have a different view

Makes me laugh though when anyone says 'if you did that in the street' regarding tackles. I've seen people do pretty horrible things to each other 'on the street' but never seen anyone do an airborne high footed assault
  • Options

True, How did he get away with? It's a confession to assault with intent to hurt.

Keane loses all credibility for that alone. Yes he was a good standard of footballer but the flip side of it all that ruins him, is that he's simply, just a c"unt.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Duncan Ferguson did time for what he did to someone he he didn't really have a problem with!

Horses for courses but if I was Alfe Inge Haaland and had my livelihood ended by what Keane did I would have a different view

Makes me laugh though when anyone says 'if you did that in the street' regarding tackles. I've seen people do pretty horrible things to each other 'on the street' but never seen anyone do an airborne high footed assault

To be fair the career ending thing was bollocks - a long standing injury to the other knee did. Sure he'd have sued Keane otherwise.
  • Options
    I'm very "real", what Keane did had nothing to do with football, it just happened to be done on a football pitch. The rules of society shouldn't end when you cross the line. It's a game, it can be a hard game, but every player should have the expectation that his opponents are playing the game, not acting out some petty vengeance via a cowardly assault.

Muscat's another one, said in an interview before an East Anglia derby that he was going to break Scowcroft's leg, then during the game did exactly that. How is that not premeditated assault? Why did Scowcroft not sue?
  • Options
    we have had far too many managers who struggle to make themselves understood in English ((:>)