Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cancer clear after 5 years

I am infrequent poster but have mentioned on other threads about my diagnosis with testicular cancer in 2008. Well, after surgery, chemotherapy and a few bumps in the road along the way I was delivered the news today that I am fully cancer free, out of remission and have been discharged from oncology. It feels bloody good to write that!
I know others on this forum have experienced the big c themselves or lost loved ones to the disease so I hope nobody minds my public display of joy. I am not an overtly emotional person, far from it in fact; but I will admit to shedding a few tears this afternoon.
I will be there on sunday as always willing our boys on with all the gusto I can offer but know in my heart of hearts that I have already achieved my best result of the season.
Right....time for a beer I think!!

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations! I can`t imagine how good that feels, enjoy your beer!
  • Options
    great news, you must be very relieved.....enjoy the pint.

there are some things in life more important than football
  • Options
    Great news.... enjoy Sunday
  • Options
    Congratulations. Now, how's the meth cooking coming along? ;-)
  • Options
    Great news, now go and get wasted.
  • Options
    Congratulations, must have been a fantastic moment.
  • Options
    That's terrific Tom. I still have just over 2 years to go to make 5 .. but so far so good. All the best to you for the future
  • Options
    congrats tom.

all the best Lincs.
  • Options
    Best of luck lincs.
  • Options
    Congratulations Tom. You must feel fantastic.
    Wishing you the best of health from now on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    great news Tom.
    we thought that the Lass's cancer had returned last month but we got the scan results yesterday and she is clear - phew, know how it feels.
  • Options
    Nice one fella, great news
  • Options
    Congratulations! Brilliant news, for both you and lancashire lad.

• Options
    Well done.
    As Someone who's been affected one way or another by this horrible disease its always nice to hear somebody beat the bastard.
  • Options
    That is great news Tom. I lost my mother to cancer when she was only 46, so to hear of someone who has beaten this awful disease is wonderful.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Great news, now go and get wasted.

This you deserve it !!!
  • Options
    Great stuff, had to have an ultrasound myself recently but thankfully got lucky. Was pretty nerve wracking just doing that so am chuffed for you that you've got through it.
  • Options
    Congratulations addicktom.

There can be few families not to have been touched by this awful disease at some point.
  • Options
    Congratulations !
  • Options
    Great news Tom, my family has been touched by this awful disease so it is good to hear when someone beats the bugger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonderful news, Tom.

And really pleased for Lincs too.
  • Options
    Fantastic news Tom.
  • Options
    Great thread great news

Goodluck to everyone this horrible disease hits
  • Options
    Wow what fantastic news, congratulations. Have a great life
  • Options
    Congratulations Tom. Huge relief

Think that was the last time I shed a tear when I was discharged. Was walking out of the clinic and the Doc who'd been there from the very start said ''Have a nice life'' and that was me gone.
  • Options
    Great news :)
  • Options
    So good to hear such positive ans awesome news...much needed in this world. I will have a beer tonight too and think of your post!
  • Options
    Great news Tom, really chuffed for you (and you JT).

I remember your excellent piece when we won the league.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1187829/#Comment_1187829

So far this year I've lost family, former football teammates, former school friends to cancer, and had a (fortunately unfounded) little scare myself. Hearing of people you know die of cancer in their mid 30s is plain frightening.

Evil disease.
  • Options
    Great news. Good to read that someone has been given the all clear, when it's most of the time bad news. You deserve a beer
  • Options
    Congratulations Tom