Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So..Wembley

2»

Comments

• Options
    3-3
  • Options
    who scored?
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    bentley with a cracker of a free kick
    wayne routledg
    matt derbeyshire - blackburn

italian lad got hattrick and a good one at that

oh yeah and they scored after 25 seconds
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]bentley with a cracker of a free kick
    wayne routledg
    matt derbeyshire - blackburn

italian lad got hattrick and a good one at that

oh yeah and they scored after 25 seconds

lol, 25 seconds eh, typical!! cheers arf
  • Options
    Listening to Talkshite on the way to Football Sunday morning a few fans ringing up described the Wembley experience as 'Soulless'. Much the same has been attributed to Arsenal's ground this year. Is it the actual grounds or the actual Fans that make it that way...?
  • Options
    Thought the make up of the crowd was completely different to what it would be for an England game or a cup final, a lot of people there to say they were at the first game, and you won't see em there again, plus 6,000 odd of England's noisest support was giving McClaren dogs abuse in Isreal
  • Options
    You won't see me again there! (unless we get through to a final naturally)
  • Options
    I'd like to go again, but only for a competitive England or Charlton game... the comments about it being soulless are very correct in my opinion...
  • Options
    I thought it held the noise very well, when people botherd to actually make any.

The people in my block (242) where all dead I think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I thought it held the noise very well, when people botherd to actually make any.

The people in my block (242) where all dead I think.

Stu do you think that they were all Valley Gold...? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2007
    Nah, there was no flasks or tarten lap blankets laying around ;)
  • Options
    Its an excellent stadium and all it lacks is the feel of history, which of course it will get in time.

The journey in and out was a doddle as we took the overland train from Marylebone which only takes 9 minutes. When wembley holds it's first cup final...the supporters of the team who win it will think it's the greatest stadium in the world. And the fans of those who lose will complain about the cost of pies and the queue for the tube.

I think it's a far more impressive stadium than the Millenium stadium, which in it's self is very good.
  • Options
    do you think it was understaffed cos of the occasion?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]do you think it was understaffed cos of the occasion?

I think they were training different staff in different areas, but the same stewards were in place, as far as I know.

They were always going to get the safety cert, unless someone died
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    fookin' windy.

felt very high up, loved the ground tho, was quite breathtaking, was disappointed by the wembley way tho, you'd have thought they'd have redeveloped wembley and the journey to the game from london bridge, was standing and cramp at about 11.00ish. we left at 80 mins as we didn't want to get stuck in a crush, can't say i'd be too impressed if it'd taken me an hour to walk back.

why not redevelop wembley town a bit more to accomodate more people at varied times on match days, not exactly a 'day out' is it?

oh and the hand dryers....bloody hell, blew skin off my hands they were so powerful (and cold)

oh and arfur, you and your boy were standing near us before the game, and your seats were in front of us in the same block as us, we were at the top of the stairs you were sat in front of. your boy nearly tripped up one of my lots feet, he had his arms tucked inside his coat as it was chilly, if he'd have fallen right over, he'd have hurt his face! :-)