Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Carson on sunday

2»

Comments

• Options
    Best keeper we have had for a long time--and would push Deano hard as best in the last fifteen years.
  • Options

He was fantastic for us. When he made that mistake in the Euro 2008 qualifier that knocked for quite a while. But he seems to be back to some of his old form. He was emmence in their game at Blackpool. So I think we may have to endure him frustrating us on Sunday.

°immense
  • Options
    I'll be giving him the exact same reception Andy Reid and Riccardo Fuller got this season
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Ex Charlton player returns, put you money on him scoring!
  • Options
    Did he get a good reception in the warm-up? (Before he injured himself, of course!)
  • Options
    Injured during the warm up so did not play
  • Options
    He got a round of applause when the teams were announced during the warm up.
  • Options
    Just think Carson was a panic buy by Dowie.

He had failed to sign Andreas Isaksson and Rob Green on permanents.
  • Options

Just think Carson was a panic buy by Dowie.

He had failed to sign Andreas Isaksson and Rob Green on permanents.

Definitely this.

i think scott has strengths..namely one one ones he is very good on his angles and he is brave at strikers feet. Also doesnt get nutmugged too often. I reckon he saved 70% one on ones that season.

but his weaknesses;

1. Coming anywhere.off his line for a cross. Non existent. Times that season we had him, el kak and diawara INSIDE our 6 yd box trying to defend 2nd and 3rd phase crosses. Terrible coaching to allow that.

2. Not good on low shots to the corner. Would often touch it on its way in. Better to his right than left.

3. Fairly predictable and slow distribution. Unable to launch counters with throws or kicks a la ben hamer.

im not digging him out he did well in a terrible team.

but he is limited and not PL quality IMO
  • Options

He was fantastic for us. When he made that mistake in the Euro 2008 qualifier that knocked for quite a while. But he seems to be back to some of his old form. He was emmence in their game at Blackpool. So I think we may have to endure him frustrating us on Sunday.

I always blamed McLaren for that. He could've prepared Scott by playing him in the friendly against Germany a month earlier. Instead, we got to see Robinson getting lobbed again, and Carson's first competitive touch became infamous.