Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rugby League World Cup

On terrestrial TV (BBC 1) now. England v Australia.

Anyone else interested?

Comments

• Options
    Good start England
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    England are playing well.great start
  • Options
    Oh Dear :-(

England have done well though and will keep going hopefully.
  • Options
    Arse. 2 late tries
  • Options
    Half time 18-10 to Australia

:-(
  • Options
    Going to be an Aussie v New Zealand final if we are realistic...
  • Options
    22-16 now!

Come on England!!!!!
  • Options
    28-20. Predictable result but after the nightmare week England have had, todays performance bodes well for the rest of the tournament
  • Options
    England dont beat Aussies in rugby league end of.
  • Options
    Usual performance against the Aussies, competed for around 65 minutes but either side of half time we conceded 18 easy points, they are simply too good to let them do that to us.

Postives were the performance of George Burgess, negatives we're Chase, simply not good enough.

Adding O'Loughlin & Graham will help, need to beat the kiwis and the Aussies to win this now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never used to like Rugby League, but since started playing Tag Rugby got into it. Bloody tough game!
  • Options
    The Italians could be one of the dark horses to reach the last 4
  • Options
    I hate to admit it but I found myself a little bit pleased with the England vs. Australia result yesterday. After being over there 3-4 months back for the State of Origin series and seeing how passionate the public are for Rugby League, it's not easy to switch allegiances to an England team full of names I don't recognise.

Saying that, it doesn't happen with any other sport and I loved being over there for the Lions tour victories. Just a shame I miss the Ashes by a few months. :-)
  • Options
    I hope New Zealand lifts the trophy again. Will never forget the final of the 2008 World Cup. What a game.
  • Options
    England live again on BBC, today its against Ireland, currently 4-0 up
  • Options
    42-0 England
  • Options

How much are tickets for the semis at wembley ?

From £20.00 to £90.00
  • Options
    Full house at Huddersfield on saturday and some great games involving the lesser RL nations. USA 2 wins from 2 games is the shock so far.
  • Options
    England book their place in the quarter finals with a 34-12 win over Fiji. They will now face France at the DW Stadium, Wigan this saturday night at 8pm which is live on BBC 2.
  • Options
    Fiji v Samoa today, the last 1/4 final .. before kick off we had a Samoan Haka .. In response the Fijians sang a song/hymn in perfect harmony, no backing choir, no pre-recordings, just the players singing their hearts out .. it was enough to make all these XFactor wannabes gnash their teeth with envy, it brought a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat .. but I'll get over it ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutting

:-(
  • Options
    Absolute heartbreak. 20 seconds from gory
  • Options
    At Wembley. Well worth the 20.00. Assume it is the football fan in me, but un segregated at moments like that is not the best.
  • Options
    Who was the prick who gave a penalty away, on the 4th tackle 40metres out with 2 minutes left.Fcukin brain dead
  • Options

Who was the prick who gave a penalty away, on the 4th tackle 40metres out with 2 minutes left.Fcukin brain dead

If there's ever an example of saying something on a forum that you wouldn't say to the persons face, this is it :-)

Even though I convinced myself I don't care about rugby League, was still very gutting.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

If there's ever an example of saying something on a forum that you wouldn't say to the persons face, this is it :-)

Even though I convinced myself I don't care about rugby League, was still very gutting.
    yep .. England once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory
  • Options
    Was at the game but being there as a tourist not knowing the rules fully, I wasn't that bothered that we got beat. Good contest, but a gutting end for the genuine supporters there.

Australia Fiji may well be the most boring one-sided sports contest I've ever witnessed.
  • Options

I wasn't that bothered that we got beat. Good contest, but a gutting end for the genuine supporters there.

Australia Fiji may well be the most boring one-sided sports contest I've ever witnessed.

Don't think they've had a real test all tournament expect for the first game against England.
  • Options
    Was a fantastic game, though atmosphere wasn't much...got tickets for the final next week at Old Trafford, so expect there to be a lot more people who actually understand the rules - It's been said before, but being able to have a beer during the game makes it all the more civilised...even if you have to put up with the smug opposition sitting all around you...