Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham vs Charlton | Sat 2nd Nov 2013 | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

2»

Comments

• Options
    13 - 1 to the Addicks....
  • Options
    1-0 away win - in the last minute as they did to us last year... Twice ! COYA
  • Options
    Jacko comes on as a sub and we win 1 - 0.
  • Options
    we will win
  • Options
    Dour game probably ending with one goal. Not sure for whom.
  • Options
    Not likely to be a classic on Saturday, could well be another 0-0.
  • Options
    Since we are averaging scoring less than a goal a game we will score either 0 or 1 and the result depends on whether the opposition can better that. Time we conceded too.

I'm going for 1-0, Lovendkrants
  • Options
    Charlton to continue their unbeaten run and keep another clean sheet. Brum 0- charlton 2
  • Options
    Can't see us scoring more than one goal so the best result we can hope for is 1-0 to the Reds.
  • Options
    Bum City 1 v CAFC 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-1 to us, Lee Clarke's unbeaten run continues
  • Options
    I can't see anything other than a 1-0 win for Charlton , don't let us down lads.
  • Options
    Agree with Stubley and other posters. No need to change the team or system. Let Lee Clark worry about us. A similar performance to Blackburn away will do. Controlled in possession, disciplined under pressure, good team play, well organised. It should be the same line-up, so why not? There should be a growing confidence within the team.

Birmingham have tried various line-ups in the past few weeks. The 5-3-2 against Leeds was a disaster. I cant remember seeing a Back Three pushing up to the halfway line to play offside since the eighties when back passes were allowed. Bizarre. Hoping for another Lee Clark brain-storm.

• Options
    would love to see Lee Clark even more miserable after the game than he usually is.

can't see it however, 6-1 to the Millwall of the Midlands.

Pritchard with our goal after scoring 3 own goals.
  • Options
    Two clubs with two owners in court and neither club has any money. Both clubs play to plenty of empty seats but luckily we do not pay £60k to any of our players. Very important match for Powell and co but sadly I cannot see us winning, 2-0 to Brum.
  • Options
    Granpa said:

Regarding Green, I just don't think he's CP's type of player.

You are right, he CAN put a good cross over !

Here we go again. Funny how Green always becomes a much better player when he's not in the team. Didn't exactly set the world on fire during his loan did he?
  • Options
    We will get 0 or 1; so will Birmingham
  • Options
    1-0 us, Sordell
  • Options
    Hopefully, another clean sheet and a 1-0 away win. Any news on Wood and Kermy's injuries?
  • Options
    sralan said:

Hopefully, another clean sheet and a 1-0 away win. Any news on Wood and Kermy's injuries?

I believe neither have travelled.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An incredibly dull 1 or 2 -0 defeat
  • Options
    Good news if Lingard is out.

Scottish winger Chris Burke returns to contention for Birmingham against fellow strugglers Charlton.

Striker Jesse Lingard and left-back David Murphy (both knee injuries) are not yet ready to return, while new signing Dariusz Dudka needs to build up his match fitness.

Yann Kermorgant and Richard Wood are injury doubts for Charlton.

Striker Kermorgant landed on his ankle against Wigan, while defender Wood is struggling to overcome a dead leg.
  • Options
    According to SSN Jackson is "still out" which makes no sense seeing as he has already returned
  • Options
    This is a game to start with absolute concentration and discipline. We have to get into our groove, and through the first 20 minutes in control of our game. Provided the officials don't do anything silly I think it will be a contest late on. Another clean sheet would be excellent.
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

se9addick said:

If we play as well as we did on Sunday, it has to be an away win for Wigan are a much better team than Birmingham.

On the other hand, with Charlton it's often one step forward, two steps backwards and encouraging performances like Sunday's are all too often followed by a horror show!

You forget that Sunday was following up a fantastic performance at Blackburn.

I think the way we played at Ewood has to be the template, although perhaps we drop Sordell and include JJ in behind.

Anyone think there's a chance Green* could return for Pritchard with either JJ coming in for Stewart or just playing with two wingers ?

*I'm not saying I'd do this personally, it's just that Powell now has attacking options and I winder if he's tempted to exercise them.
    This is CP 'son of Curbs' who you are talking about. Cautious formations and player selections unless his back is against the proverbial wall and like his role model two out and out wingers were rarely part of the equation - see Thomas and Kish not Thomas and Rom.

Jacko needs to be fitted back into the team for his extra fire power but heaven hopes that Dale and Jordan are not dropped to make room. The skippers loss of the half yard he never had preclufes him from a wide berth so I see him as a 2nd striker alongside The Vicar or Marvellous.

Fair play to this guy, he called it spot on. CP on charlton life?
  • Options

I can't see anything other than a 1-0 win for Charlton , don't let us down lads.

Thank you lads, you certainly delivered! made my weekend.