Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yellow Ball

Seems we'll be using the yellow ball from now until February. Not too sure about that, I prefer the white ones in individual club colurs we've got used to for the past few years.

Leave gimmicky 'it looks better in the dark' footies to the Premiership I say.

Comments

• Options
    A bit of a gimmick - taken from the Premiership. If the pitch was white enough not to see a white ball, the match would be called off anyway. But a ball is a ball and we won on Saturday with it.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Isn't the red bit still in the team colours, so for instance ipswich's ball will be yellow with blue? That would look alright, personally I've always liked the different balls for each team, Nike should do similar for the premiership
  • Options
    The idea of the yellow match ball came from the Football League, it was dropped for a few years for the custom white balls, but its back this year.

I quite like em, easier on the eye especially under floodlights
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Isn't the red bit still in the team colours, so for instance ipswich's ball will be yellow with blue? That would look alright, personally I've always liked the different balls for each team, Nike should do similar for the premiership

No it seems they've dropped the club colours from the balls, all were the same as my picture in each league game over the weekend. Still at least they've chosen to use red and black which won't mean too much of a departure in our case!

• Options
    Will work well for Watford!
  • Options
    When I saw the heading to this thread I thought it was for some Well Man Clinic information!
  • Options
    The yellow ball is indeed an idea that came from The Football League and more specifically from me when I was Marketing Executive of The League in the 90's. It was my suggestion to Mitre to give The League a point of difference from the Premier League in an attempt to boost sales of replica footballs by playing with a yellow ball throughout the winter months. This started as a trial but became very successful and has been used each season since.
  • Options
    Thought this was another thread about ailments.
  • Options
    Yellow balls? .. probably jaundice
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My personal favourite was the bright orange ball on the snow covered pitches
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    My personal favourite was the bright orange ball on the snow covered pitches
    Definitely!
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    It’s back for the first time since 2019

That's cool I like it better than the white.
  • Options
    Classic.

• Options
    Proper Classic

Wembley Trophy wembleytrophy  X
  • Options
    This old windblower wins it for me.  (Playground footie of course)😉

• Options

• Options
    Off_it said:

Classic! Loved that one as a kid!
  • Options
    Stefco said:
    This old windblower wins it for me.  (Playground footie of course)😉

I'd pay good money to see these balls used in a premier league match  :D
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    There are only two balls that I have ever cared about, and Im certainly not going to post a picture of them on this forum............again,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    There are only two balls that I have ever cared about, and Im certainly not going to post a picture of them on this forum.
    You save those pictures for that other "forum" you frequent then?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Off_it said:
    Hal1x said:
    There are only two balls that I have ever cared about, and Im certainly not going to post a picture of them on this forum.
    You save those pictures for that other "forum" you frequent then?
    Ssshhhhh!!!
  • Options
    2 points for a win?