Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone on here got a domestic cleaner?

Comments

• Options
    I also babysat the guy who is Bass player for some band I don't recollect the name of...

:D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Swisdom said:

kimbo said:

Kin ell, live in au pairs !

I've heard it all now !

Lol, and we have not touched on gardeners and ironing ladies yet!

I have a gardener too :)
    My ironing lady is "as much as you can fit in a bag for £30"

This morning I counted 37 shirts ironed for £30 and that, for me, is a bargain

Got any spare room in the bag? :-0
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

kimbo said:

I've heard it all now !

You wanna get a bigger bag in that case...

• Options
    Swisdom said:

kimbo said:

I've heard it all now !

Been bugging me for two days.

What's the deal with hangers ?

Can't believe there were 37 hangers in this bag as well !
  • Options
    We had a cleaner for some years then she retired. Two weeks after the new one started the house got turned over. Impossible to prove any connection of course. That was 20 years ago. We do all the cleaning ourselves now and whenever I think a cleaner would be a good idea I remember my wife's face when she realised all her jewellery had been pinched (including all that from her mum who had died the previous year) so I get off the couch and vacuum like a man possesed.
  • Options
    I have an ironing lady. She is f**king useless and I could do the job better myself. The only problem is it takes me an hour and a half to do five shirts (yes, I am sh*t at it).

I just pay for it because I don't have the time and my missus is a lazy c*nt!
  • Options

Swisdom said:

kimbo said:

I've heard it all now !

Been bugging me for two days.

What's the deal with hangers ?

Can't believe there were 37 hangers in this bag as well !
    I now have millions of hangers!

She returns them to my office, all on wire hangers, and I load them into my car.

• Options
    I'd happily pay for a cleaner it doesn't take long to do myself and I'd only end up shagging her anyway. Molly maids keep posting leaflets through the door snf boast of a 'fidelity guarantee'

How does a guarantee on something like that work?
  • Options
    razil said:

...PS My missus works two time zones GMT and WST and ridiculous hours, hence the au pair.

Wrexham Supporters Trust?
  • Options
    9.50 ph 2x3 hours weekly, cleans, irons, put clothes away. Christmas bonus plus she takes away old clothes and occasionally other junk to sell on...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

I think these things should be tax exempt up to a certain realistic level (childcare vouchers are a fraction of the cost if you have two kids, they would be if you were a limited company, and the money is effectively being taxed twice - why should individuals get taxed twice and companies not, plus you are creating employment.

PS My missus works two time zones GMT and WST and ridiculous hours, hence the au pair.

People that are up in arms about tax dodging celebs and corporations but expects the state to subsidise their lifestyle choices interest me
  • Options
    Thats nice for you.

by WST I meant PST of course Pacific..
  • Options
    razil said:

PS My missus works two time zones GMT and WST and ridiculous hours, hence the au pair.

She must have a f***ing big desk.
  • Options
    I've got a domestic cleaner and live in child minder.

She costs me bloody thousands every month when the credit card bill comes in.
  • Options
    If anyone wants a big clean, carpets, pre let or sale etc, that's what i do. pm me.
  • Options

If anyone wants a big clean, carpets, pre let or sale etc, that's what i do. pm me.

Do you do "extras"?
  • Options
    only mucky ones.
  • Options

Do you do "extras"?
    Shag pile with a happy ending?
  • Options
    Ironing - paid for 'by the hour' Normally about £50 a month and worth every penny.

Gardener - £80 month comes in about once a week for a couple of hours and takes all the rubbish away with him - tends to spend longer this time of year due to the amount of leaves/acorns/sweet chestnuts making a mess of everywhere . I do the lawns however.
  • Options
    Whilst we're on the subject of "domestic assistance", how much do people pay for their brasses?

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Ironing - paid for 'by the hour' Normally about £50 a month and worth every penny.

Gardener - £80 month comes in about once a week for a couple of hours and takes all the rubbish away with him - tends to spend longer this time of year due to the amount of leaves/acorns/sweet chestnuts making a mess of everywhere . I do the lawns however.

Note "lawns", plural. How the other half lives....

• Options
    Just an excuse for having a ride on lawnmower.
  • Options
    Ha, pay for a gardener and you end up cutting your own lawn.

Worlds gone mad !
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Whilst we're on the subject of "domestic assistance", how much do people pay for their brasses?

;o)

Will check with the missus.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Huskaris said:

Buy a robotic vacuum cleaner. Simple.

Ha, I've actually been looking at the i-robots quite recently. They look great. The reviews of them are quite mixed though.

I have one, absolutely fantastic. Couldn't recommend them any more, especially if you live on one floor.
  • Options
    Having read this thread through completely , i've now decided i need a cleaner , a window cleaner , a gardener , an au pair a laundry person , a chef and a chauffeur , if we all do the same, thats the economy sorted then! oh and by the way if they want to keep drop one of those 'printing money' machines the government seem to favour ... i'll have one of them too!
  • Options
    Can anyone recommend anyone for Debtford Creek area? We're finishing a tenancy and thought we'd get someone in for a few hours to spruce the place up before the Check Out. The agents are terrible and we don't want to give them any excuses and if we can produce some kind of receipt to show we've had the place professionally cleaned etc
  • Options
    Bump (sorry) need to get one booked and it's going to be a bit hectic what with going up to Sheffield the weekend I'm supposed to be packing!!!
  • Options

A domestic cleaner ?? I thought that was what a wife/girlfriend is for ???

There's a very obvious joke to make here ;-

By the way, if you get a domestic cleaner in France you get 50% of the price back in tax reductions.
  • Options

A domestic cleaner ?? I thought that was what a wife/girlfriend is for ???

There's a very obvious joke to make here ;-

By the way, if you get a domestic cleaner in France you get 50% of the price back in tax reductions.
    And a nosh if you're lucky.