Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Does anyone have a liking for any team in The FA Cup 1st Round draw & why ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Grimsby v Scunthorpe .. the renewal of the Lincolnshire Civil War (part 2)
  • Options
    Have a soft spot for AFC Wimbledon because of the whole Milton Keynes incident.

Plus any non-league team playing against a higher one. Romance of the cup and all that.
  • Options
    I've actually been to Shortwood, while touring the Cotswolds many years ago. You couldn't call it a village, just a few cottages and farms on the edge of Nailsworth, a town far too small to have suburbs. Nailsworth has its own club: Forest Green Rovers, in the Conference. It's a rural landscape riven with deep valleys dotted with derelict textile mills that once made the baize for billiard tables - more like the Pennines than the south-west. The idea of Port Vale, with all its history and tradition, descending on Shortwood is delightfully bizarre.
  • Options
    Tamworth for me.

I was evacuated there during the war.
  • Options
    Are Loughborough Students involved - I think they used to get through on occasion.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Are Loughborough Students involved - I think they used to get through on occasion.

I thought it was Bath Uni who had a few good runs. Unless I'm thinking about a different era.
    I'll be supporting Barnet, because I live there.
  • Options
    Team Barth have got through recently - I could be going back a bit ( could even have been the rugby)
  • Options
    Welling obviously.
    Cheltenham (family connections)
  • Options
    Obviously Welling, but also York as I have friends up there.
  • Options
    Dartford, but it'll be a famous win if they manage it as the team are mostly injured.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    this thread fills me of nightmare draws for the 3rd round. Be nice if darts got to the the 3rd round but from Charlton's point of view us eventually drawing Dartford, welling or Gillingham would be a nightmare
  • Options
    Welling. Think they will beat Luton on Saturday.
  • Options
    Dover Athletic - my birthplace (Dover, not the football ground).