Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Atmosphere at Man City

Really surprised by how subdued it is there tonight, sounds more like a training game/ Arsenal at home! I wonder if that's a symptom of having lots of tourists etc in the crowd. Makes me think that sometimes all that investment doesn't actually improve how much the real fans enjoy the games

Comments

• Options
    The atmosphere there seemed incredible each week before they won the title, and they had the whole Poznan thing going.

Can only imagine the noise in that ground the day they won the Premier League, especially when Aguero scored.
  • Options
    Could be worse. Could be the Emirates. The shittest atmosphere in England when you consider the numbers there.
  • Options
    Nearly as electric as our game against millwall
  • Options
    Cal_1991 said:

Really surprised by how subdued it is there tonight, sounds more like a training game/ Arsenal at home! I wonder if that's a symptom of having lots of tourists etc in the crowd. Makes me think that sometimes all that investment doesn't actually improve how much the real fans enjoy the games

my exact thoughts would rather have 17000 fans then 50+k with cameras/ipads/laptops etc, which ive witnessed at chelsea before.
  • Options
    If City has real fans wouldn't they have been at the game?
  • Options
    Cal_1991 said:

Think you are correct that in some instances investment does not increase enjoyment. In some cases it may cause a decrease in enjoyment.

Investment often leads to improvement in the team, which in turn makes the team more desirable to watch and can lead to an increase in ticket prices. Some fans will be priced out, some will refuse to pay higher prices, some will not enjoy sitting amongst the new consumers and the new consumers will often make less noise than the old fans.

The atmosphere at Eastlands is not as good as it could be in part due to the fact that the stadium is a converted athletics stadium and not a ground designed solely for football.