Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

oi charlton - season ticket renewing

yes i, and probably a lot of other fans, will be renewing my season tickets before 30th april but not until the april credit card bill has been issued, thereby delaying actually having to pay for it for another month...dont waste your money asking me to renew before then...

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2007
    or better get yourself a barclays premiership card, and pay zero interest on season ticket purchases - check terms and conditions though... I've got one and don't use it for owt else.
  • Options
    Yes, we/they know about that and allowing for two monthly pay days as well. Strangely the club, having sold season tickets in the past does know just a little bit about how to do it.

If we don't tell everyone or send the renewal forms out now they would be a "Oi, Charlton, why didn't you give us enough time" : - )
  • Options
    spot on ltgtr. Renew around 28th April and don't actually pay till middle of June. Unless you're loaded you are a berk to do it now.
  • Options
    they may well know how to do it, but direct feedback from 'customers' should never be dismissed, particularly if more than one is saying the same thing. This seemed a good idea with questionable timing.

and the last time a manager phoned us up, he was only around for another month or so.....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]spot on ltgtr. Renew around 28th April and don't actually pay till middle of June. Unless you're loaded you are a berk to do it now.[/quote]

I guess I'm a berk as I've already renewed. Just want to get the payment out of the way and get on with life!
  • Options
    me too, I renewed last week sometime on-line, my only gripe is I had to phone to ask if the correct seats had been allocated to me as last year a mate ended in different seats due to some cock up at the ticket office, maybe a return email to confirm how much cash they`ve taken and your seat information.
  • Options
    i get my work bonus on 28th april so i'll be doing mine then...
  • Options
    whats a bonus?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]they may well know how to do it, but direct feedback from 'customers' should never be dismissed, particularly if more than one is saying the same thing. This seemed a good idea with questionable timing.

But as I said you need to give people plenty of time and notice so they can plan to pay on a certain date. As others have added many have renewed already so horses for courses.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving
    But as I said you need to give people plenty of time and notice so they can plan to pay on a certain date. As others have added many have renewed already so horses for courses.

surely a concerted effort in april still gives people plenty of time...and you dont want them to stop and think about it too much because that's when they start to forget about it altogether or decide they cant afford/cant justify to buy one/dont really need one...two calls yesterday (one on my mobile, one on my direct line at work - forgot to ask mrs ltgtr is we had a call on our home phone) and i would have renewed when i heard the first one if the timing had been right - didn't listen to the second one when i saw the number...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]
    But as I said you need to give people plenty of time and notice so they can plan to pay on a certain date. As others have added many have renewed already so horses for courses.[/cite]
    [cite]

surely a concerted effort in april still gives people plenty of time...cite]

No, cos you want to have 2 pay days and you also want to avoid huge bottlenecks of applications or as happened with my renewal form, which arrived yesterday, postal delays. As I said if it was annouced on 15th April people would moan "not enough warning, just paid out for a new central heating system, why didn't they tell us in February, etc, etc"

You've decided to renew at the end of April. That's great. Others have already renewed. That's also great. Everyone has a choice. That's great.
  • Options
    having listened to it last night, i found it a wasted opportunity to be honest.

Clubs can only make these calls sparingly to avoid receiving the wrath of supporters, and this seemed a wrong time to do one. The club announced about 3 weeks ago the deal for season tickets for next season, its been extensively covered in charlton, local and national press. Everyone is aware of both the deal and the deadline.

The boss phoning up now to say thank you will not prompt anyone at this stage to go out and get the forms done today. In two or three weeks time, then yes, it would probably have a bit more impact.

Another point i would have is if they are to do these programmed calls, then they are better off doing it in the evening than during the day. All they are going to get is largely unanswered home calls and people unwantingly having their mobile go off in offices.
  • Options
    Don't disagree about the phone calls but the marketing people would argue that it is part of a campaign and reminding people is an important part of that, especially those that may not yet have decided to renew.

The issue of why give people a long period of time to renew is quite different.

Strangely still not had a call myself.
  • Options

do you still PAY for your ticket(s) ?
  • Options
    Yes, Pay full price for my season ticket in the East Stand and my son's just like I always have.
  • Options
    For what it's worth i agree with Henry in that people should be given 2 months to renew (or 2 pay days at least). If it was left to April you would unquestionably get people moaning it wasn't enough time and that they were skint.
    Agree with AFA about the phone calls, if it had been left til after easter that would have been better timing...........especially as by then we will have won 3 more games!!
  • Options
    Cheers Chris,

Anyone who's not renewed by April 20th we send Herman and Thatcher round your house to threaten you
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Why is that strange? Nor have I. Surely it's just a random thing. The clubs not going to call all 18k or so ST holders are they?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Yes, Pay full price for my season ticket in the East Stand and my son's just like I always have.

you sure you're cut out for this directorship lark ?
  • Options
    On a related point, I'm not quite sure how I'm still receiving the e-mail bulletin since - apart from originally subscribing to the bulletin godknowshowmany years ago - I've never let the club have my e-mail addresses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Why is that strange? Nor have I. Surely it's just a random thing. The clubs not going to call all 18k or so ST holders are they?

All the ones they have numbers for. It's an automatic thing and they do have my number. Maybe I ticked the right box to not have them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Yes, Pay full price for my season ticket in the East Stand and my son's just like I always have.

you sure you're cut out for this directorship lark ?

Keeping it real, man. I do get occasional freebies at away game
  • Options
    Why is there a need to issue a reminder for your season ticket? I buy my season ticket every year and the approaching closure of the football season is a good enough hint that season ticket needs to be renewed - a bit like my travel ticket. I dont get phone calls from the travel company (BR or whoever it is) phoning me up to say your travel ticket is about to expire and it will be great if you would renew it ASAP?