Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• Ronnie has been superb today. Can't see anyone stopping him if he plays like this for the rest of the tournament 
  • Those post match interviews were nearly as good as the match!
    O'Sullivan is truly bonkers - v entertaining. 
  • Ronnie has been superb today. Can't see anyone stopping him if he plays like this for the rest of the tournament 
    Thats the point tho, he has a brilliant session and a half like this afternoon and tonight and looks unstopable same as how he finished the Ding match, but the first session and half if you face someone in form playing like he did they will pull away.

Ding could and Should have been 8-4 up
    Williams could and should have been 10-2 up

Those are the chances these players regret when Ronnie goes on his unstoppable run towards the end
    Thats the point tho, he has a brilliant session and a half like this afternoon and tonight and looks unstopable same as how he finished the Ding match, but the first session and half if you face someone in form playing like he did they will pull away.

Those are the chances these players regret when Ronnie goes on his unstoppable run towards the end
    He made an awful lot of mistakes today and doesn't seem fully focused. He missed a simple blue to close the game out.

Selby is a step up as an opponent and Ronnie needs to improve.

He made an awful lot of mistakes today and doesn't seem fully focused. He missed a simple blue to close the game out.

Selby is a step up as an opponent and Ronnie needs to improve.
    If Selby is smart(and he has done it before) he will drag a few frames out and wind Ronnie up a bit to start the match off 
  • World Championship 
    Quarter Final 
    Result

Anthony McGill 13-10 Kurt Maflin
  • edited August 2020
    World Championship 
    Semi Finals

Kyren Wilson v Anthony McGill 

@johnnybev1987 v @paulie8290
  • O'Sullivan is msking too many errors. He will have to cut those out v Selby. Also, his matches have all been really quick - averaging about 12 minutes a frame. Selby will make sure that there's the odd 40 to 50 minute frame.
    McGill has just hung on. Wilson should beat him comfortably. 
  • FFS how has McGill made it to the semis....Wilson will destroy him....hopefully.
  • FFS how has McGill made it to the semis....Wilson will destroy him....hopefully.
    He has had an easy draw really. 
  • Sponsored links:

• World Championship 
    Semi Finals

I put this on twitter :) check yours when you get a chance mate lol could be the end for us, nice knowing you. 

I think Selby should be fave, he wont be but his record against Ronnie in these big games is pretty decent. Also i do think Ronnie is giving too many chances Ding/ MJW were tough games but Selby is like the end of boss for him imo, he can beat him but needs to be consistent and try not to outplay Selby at his own game. 

All i know, it will be a cracker! 

Last nights had a couple of moments, firstly there was a presumed hit of the red when Ronnie was on a black, since people have put into slowmo it looks pretty clear its pretty simultaneous.

The incident with the total in the last frame, i cant really judge on the TV. people saying Ronnie shouldn't be challenging the ref and the ref has given in as its Ronnie, he is entitled too. Likewise MJW said he thought it wasn't and maintains it wasn't, Jan Vahass has come out since to say he is happy with his own decision and his first calls were without looking at the other side and he used another ball to make sure. If Ronnie had done it in a poor way, i would agree but i think people just think the ref has changed his decision because of Ronnie. 

I am half looking forward to this and dreading it, IF ROS can maneuver this very difficult obstacle he just might get his 6th title. I wont get ahead of myself just yet. 
  • edited August 2020
    FFS how has McGill made it to the semis....Wilson will destroy him....hopefully.
    If it makes you feel any better, Wilson has a bad record against the Scot. You would think Wilson should beat him comfortably based on form.

Last encounter was 2018, although Wilson has lost more than won against him they are all over small races (champions league) or races to 6, you would think in a longer race less chance of that happening. I am happy if Selby/Ronnie or Wilson win overall, just like them all.  
  • Fancy Selby to win the thing at about 100-30 (as he's playing O'Sillyvan in the semi) .. makes me laugh on the BBC, it's all about the trophy, the history, the legacy. Yesterday they were playing for £50,000, the difference between a quarter and a semi place. The BBC are always reluctant to mention the 'filthy prize money' but seemingly make exceptions when it comes to negotiating their inflated salaries.
    Last point, why are players allowed to leave the arena for long intervals after almost every frame ?. This seems to be just a ploy to keep the opponent waiting and sitting down fretting and worried. I doubt if they all suffer from weak bladders or Delhi belly. 
    I've enjoyed this tournament despite the lack of atmosphere and the canned applause  
  • Fancy Selby to win the thing at about 100-30 (as he's playing O'Sillyvan in the semi) .. makes me laugh on the BBC, it's all about the trophy, the history, the legacy. Yesterday they were playing for £50,000, the difference between a quarter and a semi place. The BBC are always reluctant to mention the 'filthy prize money' but seemingly make exceptions when it comes to negotiating their inflated salaries.
    Last point, why are players allowed to leave the arena for long intervals after almost every frame ?. This seems to be just a ploy to keep the opponent waiting and sitting down fretting and worried. I doubt if they all suffer from weak bladders or Delhi belly. 
    I've enjoyed this tournament despite the lack of atmosphere and the canned applause  
    It does surprise me that ROS is favourite against Selby, they have met twice in the Worlds previously and Selby has won both. Although Ronnie looks more into this one than recent ones he is still making mistakes, in particular leaving that first red on from his break. Or is it because of the Ronnie factor he has been heavily backed both outright and each match the bookies have to offset it just to settle the books? i would say 5/6 each would be fair or Selby 4/6, Ronnie evens would be about right. Always intrigues me how these things are priced up

Does anyone else when watching longer sessions set targets for the players they want to win, eg. 4-4 this session for the first session i would take anything else a bonus. Then when it gets nearer the climax i always think of the minimum required eg. last night Williams would have had to win 3-0 at 10-12 down.  
    It does surprise me that ROS is favourite against Selby, they have met twice in the Worlds previously and Selby has won both. Although Ronnie looks more into this one than recent ones he is still making mistakes, in particular leaving that first red on from his break. Or is it because of the Ronnie factor he has been heavily backed both outright and each match the bookies have to offset it just to settle the books? i would say 5/6 each would be fair or Selby 4/6, Ronnie evens would be about right. Always intrigues me how these things are priced up

Does anyone else when watching longer sessions set targets for the players they want to win, eg. 4-4 this session for the first session i would take anything else a bonus. Then when it gets nearer the climax i always think of the minimum required eg. last night Williams would have had to win 3-0 at 10-12 down.  
    Ronnie is a master tactician and of safety, BUT he still gets impatient and impetuous .. super patient Selby will do his best to frustrate O'S and cash in on any errors .. it'll be good to watch .. as for pricing ? .. Cliché says 'bookies rarely get in wrong;, even in pricing up the Mongolian camel polo premier league ((:>)
  • I think ROS is favourite because so many of his fans lump on him. I think Selby is the true favourite based on how they have played so far. ROS has been a bit patchy, missing too many easy ones. I don't mind who wins that one but desperately want McGill to get gubbed.
  • World Championship 
    Semi Finals

I put this on twitter :) check yours when you get a chance mate lol could be the end for us, nice knowing you. 

I think Selby should be fave, he wont be but his record against Ronnie in these big games is pretty decent. Also i do think Ronnie is giving too many chances Ding/ MJW were tough games but Selby is like the end of boss for him imo, he can beat him but needs to be consistent and try not to outplay Selby at his own game. 

Last nights had a couple of moments, firstly there was a presumed hit of the red when Ronnie was on a black, since people have put into slowmo it looks pretty clear its pretty simultaneous.

The incident with the total in the last frame, i cant really judge on the TV. people saying Ronnie shouldn't be challenging the ref and the ref has given in as its Ronnie, he is entitled too. Likewise MJW said he thought it wasn't and maintains it wasn't, Jan Vahass has come out since to say he is happy with his own decision and his first calls were without looking at the other side and he used another ball to make sure. If Ronnie had done it in a poor way, i would agree but i think people just think the ref has changed his decision because of Ronnie. 

I am half looking forward to this and dreading it, IF ROS can maneuver this very difficult obstacle he just might get his 6th title. I wont get ahead of myself just yet. 
    I haven't seen the black / red shot. Simultaneous contact is a foul although how a ref can judge that I have no idea. On TV it didn't look a free ball but you can't tell. 
  • I think ROS is favourite because so many of his fans lump on him. I think Selby is the true favourite based on how they have played so far. ROS has been a bit patchy, missing too many easy ones. I don't mind who wins that one but desperately want McGill to get gubbed.
    Its like yesterday I saw on Facebook World Snooker put a post saying about the Snooket awards and who should win Player of the Year

About 70% of people said O'Sullivan and you think seriously do you even watch Snooker

Trump is World number 1 and has been in 6 Ranking event finals and won all 6 and got 102 centuries for the season

But yeah lets give player of the year to someone who has no Ranking event wins this season.

A few people even said Selby, but again Selby has looked good this tournament but before this tournament he was massively struggling, if he can take this tournaments form into next season then maybe next year but my top 3 ATM(could change depending on who wins world title) would be

1-Judd Trump 
    2-Neil Robertson 
    3-Shaun Murphy
    Its like yesterday I saw on Facebook World Snooker put a post saying about the Snooket awards and who should win Player of the Year

About 70% of people said O'Sullivan and you think seriously do you even watch Snooker

Trump is World number 1 and has been in 6 Ranking event finals and won all 6 and got 102 centuries for the season

But yeah lets give player of the year to someone who has no Ranking event wins this season.

A few people even said Selby, but again Selby has looked good this tournament but before this tournament he was massively struggling, if he can take this tournaments form into next season then maybe next year but my top 3 ATM(could change depending on who wins world title) would be

1-Judd Trump 
    2-Neil Robertson 
    3-Shaun Murphy
    Any vote by fans, will always be won by Ronnie im afraid. Pointless as you say Trump should be miles in front for player of the season, 6 ranking titles, world number 1. Agree with 1-3 there Paulie.

Mcgill has started well, 2 frame winning clear ups and nearly another but knicks it at the end. 3 up , who would have predicted this start. 
  • World Championship 
    Semi Finals

I haven't seen the black / red shot. Simultaneous contact is a foul although how a ref can judge that I have no idea. On TV it didn't look a free ball but you can't tell. 
    Strictly correct, but cant really call it unless you are 100% sure its not a foul. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2020
    I think ROS is favourite because so many of his fans lump on him. I think Selby is the true favourite based on how they have played so far. ROS has been a bit patchy, missing too many easy ones. I don't mind who wins that one but desperately want McGill to get gubbed.

1-Judd Trump 
    2-Neil Robertson 
    3-Shaun Murphy
    Any vote by fans, will always be won by Ronnie im afraid. Pointless as you say Trump should be miles in front for player of the season, 6 ranking titles, world number 1. Agree with 1-3 there Paulie.

Mcgill has started well, 2 frame winning clear ups and nearly another but knicks it at the end. 3 up , who would have predicted this start. 
    Ok thats it the world is ending 

First Farnell leaves
    Now we are in agreement on something 

Jesus christ

1-Judd Trump 
    2-Neil Robertson 
    3-Shaun Murphy

Ok thats it the world is ending 

First Farnell leaves
    Now we are in agreement on something 

Jesus christ
    you made a fairpoint for a change bud  ;) 

Although i am a huge Ronnie fan, he is overhyped, it works both ways but i will be realistic and honest, or at least to be unbiased in some situations lol 
  • World Championship 
    Semi Final 
    1st Session(Mid Session Interval)

Anthony McGill 3-1 Kyren Wilson 
  • If anyone wants the official rulebook btw its now available to buy

https://wpbsa.com/wpbsa-rulebook-available-now/
  • 5-2 McGill but really should have been 6-1. Come on Kyren pull ur finger out!
  • World Championship 
    Semi Final 
    1st Session 

Anthony McGill 6-2 Kyren Wilson 
  • Early days, but Selby is really struggling tonight
  • Conditions look absolutely shocking though to be fair 
  • World Championship 
    Semi Final
    1st Session(Mid Session Interval)

@johnnybev1987 3-1 @paulie8290
  • Selby will feel like he got away with it there, only 5-3 down.