Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• Full results from the afternoon session of day 1

Snooker Shootout
    Round 1
    Results

Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 63-17 Alex Borg
    Igor Figueiredo 43-15 Sean Maddocks
    Kurt Maflin 103-29 Yuan Sijun
    Dominic Dale 30-26 Mitchell Mann
    David Lilley 41-39 Gary Wilson
    Zhang Anda 37-21 Fan Zhengyi 
    Mark Davis 61-1 Harvey Chandler
    Chang Bingyu 120-0 Iulian Boiko
    Mark Williams 59-7 Luca Brecel
    Daniel Wells 77-72 Bai Langning
    Xiao Guodong 68-63 Si Jiahui
    Dean Young 31-29 David Grace
    Chris Wakelin 46-26 Mark Joyce
    Nigel Bond 62-0 Gerard Greene
    Zhao Xintong 70-24 Lukas Kleckers
    Sunny Akani 54-18 Mark Selby 
  • Kyren Wilson 28-24 Michael White
  • Jamie Clarke 49-10 Louis Heathcote 
  • Anthony McGill 69-19 Zhang Jiankang 
  • Liam Highfield 89-33 James Cahill 
  • Andrew Pagett 46-41 Stuart Bingham 
  • Ashley Hugill 33-9 Jamie O'Neil
  • Mei Xiwen 22-17 Matt Selt
  • Thor Chuan Leong 133-0 Nutcharat Wongharuthai

Fantastic 133 break all Nutcharat did was break off, its a shame was looking forward to seeing what she could do.

Its also Thor Chuan Leongs first win since he beat Michael White 6-1 in the China Open Qualifiers a year ago yesterday 
  • Luo Honghao 54-8 Mark Allen
  • Sponsored links:

• Li Hang 58-44 Adam Stefanow 
  • Lyu Haotian 52-35 Riley Parsons 
  • Anthony Hamilton 36-21 Paul Davison
  • Dave Gilbert 36-0 Rob Milkins
  • Lei Peifan 60-3 Simon Lichtenberg 
  • Elliot Slessor 64-31 Joe O'Connor 
  • Matthew Stevens 71-30 Jimmy White
  • Snooker Shootout 
    Round 1
    Evening Sessions
    Results

Kyren Wilson 28-24 Michael White
    Jamie Clarke 49-10 Louis Heathcote 
    Anthony McGill 69-19 Zhang Jiankang
    Liam Highfield 89-33 James Cahill
    Andrew Pagett 46-41 Stuart Bingham 
    Ashley Hugill 33-9 Jamie O'Neil
    Mei Xiwen 22-17 Matt Selt
    Thor Chuan Leong 133-0 Nutcharat Wongharuthai
    Luo Honghao 54-8 Mark Allen
    Li Hang 58-44 Adam Stefanow 
    Lyu Haotian 52-35 Riley Parsons
    Anthony Hamilton 36-21 Paul Davison
    Dave Gilbert 36-0 Rob Milkins
    Lei Peifan 60-3 Simon Lichtenberg 
    Elliot Slessor 64-31 Joe O'Connor
    Matthew Stevens 71-30 Jimmy White 
  • Thor Chuan Leong 133-0 Nutcharat Wongharuthai

Fantastic 133 break all Nutcharat did was break off, its a shame was looking forward to seeing what she could do.

Its also Thor Chuan Leongs first win since he beat Michael White 6-1 in the China Open Qualifiers a year ago yesterday 
    Yeah I felt sorry for her. She was smiling but it must of been gutting to end up not being able to get to the table while you're opponent gets the highest break of the day.
  • So mixed as you know about this event, I love it the action side of it. The crowd are a pain though for general snooker fans, especially 'OLE' boy yesterday who carried it on the whole session, its nice to have kids involved but if your kid behaves like that he isn't going to learn the gentleman. courtesy side of the game... or he wont make his next birthday because he was doing my head in, search snooker shootout on twitter and it seems like I am not the only one.

Still ranking event? lol completely different rules and different game, they say the players voted for it, but they had no choice it was either keep snooker shootout but had to be ranking or bin completely.

I will be watching today, hopefully the kid isn't there.

• Sponsored links:

• the pink panther theme being sung by the odd bloke when the pink goes in was probably funny the first time but now its just embarrassing. same with the watford fans shouting "Yellows" 

one of the reasons i cant watch the darts cos the crowd end up doing my head in. i'm sure they enjoy it but it's not for me. 

saw the kid doing the ole. i know he was only 10 or something but give it a rest son. 
  • I don't watch it. The first year it had a novelty value but now that has very much worn off.
    I see one of the scores above was 22-17. That's a joke.

I heard that Matthew Stevens was completely pissed?
  • I love the concept as I do think snooker needs to appeal to a wider and younger audience,  but I do find the crowd really annoying. 

The fact it's a ranking event is an absolute joke 
  • edited February 2020
    I don't watch it. The first year it had a novelty value but now that has very much worn off.
    I see one of the scores above was 22-17. That's a joke.

I heard that Matthew Stevens was completely pissed?

Low scoring frames are actually the best for entertainment, more likely to see bit of drama at the end of the frame. Its good to see a nice break and then someone fight back too, these 1 framers do create a lot of drama.

The blueball shootout was cool, pretty sure I would be good at it or used to be any long blue would always go. I posted a GIF of a blackball shootout I done last year at a pool event if anyone follows me on twitter, same alias. full video is like 12 minutes and crowd goes from 50-150 including a couple of pros were near me. I potted 2/2 (each time had to pot or my team lose)

PS- We were all very drunk as was drinking all day, so made it even more impressive :)

• Shaun Murphy 77-0 Kishan Hirani 
  • Quick start to day one Shaun was in Snookers required before the first 5 minutes was over lol
  • Soheil Vahedi 42-37 Alfie Burden

Was 37-37 with 5 seconds left and for some reason Vahedi took ages to line up and red which he potted but was after the alotted time so was a blue ball shot out

Alfie Burden-Missed

Soheil Vahedi-Potted
  • Ben Woollaston 41-23 Duane Jones
  • Aaron Hill 50-15 Robbie McGuigan 
  • Jordan Brown 67-35 Scott Donaldson