Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What put your weekend on the Map?

With no Charlton last weekend and an absolute joke of an England match it's probable that last weekend won't be remembered for football related matters.

So what made your weekend?

Comments

• A right good drink up and a curry with some mates on Friday night.
    Moving to BST is always good too.....
  • Wembley Stadium on Saturday, and the girlfriend on Sunday
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Moving to BST is always good too.....

Not if you're off for football Sunday morning its not !

A nice Italian Sat night, and reffing a game yesterday and the oppo saying afterwards i was better than most of the official refs they've had this season, despite giving a penalty against them.
  • celebrating the wife's birthday in Bexleyheath on Saturday night and being one of only 2 blokes amoung all her mates....(Very Pervy)
  • Food was the theme for the weekend.
    Excellent lunch at the Crab & Winkle in Whitstable - so good I managed to miss the first half of the England match - no loss there! Great Sunday Lunch @ home (Beef and all the trimmings) with various family members and a few decent bottles of wine.

No, it's not me that eats all the pies...

Also heard from my mate in Manchester that the guest room is available for Good Friday and a trip to South could be on...not bad all in all...
  • Helping move one of my mates into his new house and finding the previous owners widows delight and hand-cuffs in the built in cupboards !!! Lol ,
  • looking at wedding venues and thinking ive found one.

tho im not sure himself would say that made his weekend...
  • Stag do, i was sir Richard of Ollie all weekend! learnt how to joust, learnt a coreagraphed sword fight thingy, which culminated in doing it with real swords infront of the whole group, all theknights and wenches! The reason i was Richard (or richy) was cos obviously they worked out i was the gobby shiyte, so they named me richard the third (or turd i thought was more apt) most of the other knights actually thought my real name was rich so thats my newest name!lol

Best weekend i had for a while i tells ya!
  • Painting Friday Day, Drinking Session in Bromley Friday Night, a 1st birthday party on Saturday!!! and Helping a few mates on sunday.
  • See AFKA not that hard eh!!!! -----

Get yourself qualified - your game needs YOU
  • Sponsored links:

• Seeing my eldest daughter taking her first few steps
  • Friday Funeral in Chessington, but at least caught up with some faces from years ago.
    Saturday Surprise 49th Birthday in Dartford, ended up going to a club nearby after where i must have been the oldest bloke in there by some distance, got about three hours kip before playing pissed for my Sunday Vets team. Quite possibly had my worst ever performance in a football shirt, if I play like that again I'll be playing in the special needs game on the 22nd..!
  • [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Seeing my eldest daughter taking her first few steps

nice one dude, bet you were proud
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Friday Funeral in Chessington, but at least caught up with some faces from years ago.
    Saturday Surprise 49th Birthday in Dartford, ended up going to a club nearby after where i must have been the oldest bloke in there by some distance, got about three hours kip before playing pissed for my Sunday Vets team. Quite possibly had my worst ever performance in a football shirt, if I play like that again I'll be playing in the special needs game on the 22nd..!

did you go Zens (or air and breath as its called now!) then Ketters???
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Friday Funeral in Chessington, but at least caught up with some faces from years ago.

did you go Zens (or air and breath as its called now!) then Ketters???

Nah I think it may have been called the Litten Tree or something like that. Full of Youngsters who think Alcopops are Cool & like Crappy R&B records which are all Pelt.
  • Losing in the semi-final of the regional indoor 5-a sides :-(

I have played about 6 hours non-stop of 5-a side this weekend, i don't feel too good!!
  • Oh ketters litten tree eh! what a whole! used to go in there when i was 16/17! indeed alchopops and r and b are both pelt.
  • Took my son cycling for the first time he is 5, he has been practising hard on his bike with the carrot that if he learns to ride (properly) by his birthday he can have a new bike. We cycled 3 miles around the dome.

He has won his new bike.
  • [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Took my son cycling for the first time he is 5, he has been practising hard on his bike with the carrot that if he learns to ride (properly) by his birthday he can have a new bike. We cycled 3 miles around the dome.

He has won his new bike.

Thats cool mate. My old man took me on blackheath when I was little and he used to push me along, I would shout at him not to let go, problem was he had let go a few mins ealier, I looked round and stacked it. Did he feel guilty, No Way, pissed himself laughing.
  • [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite] I would shout at him not to let go, problem was he had let go a few mins ealier, I looked round and stacked it. Did he feel guilty, No Way, pissed himself laughing.

That's exactly how i taught both mine! :-D
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Took my son cycling for the first time he is 5, he has been practising hard on his bike with the carrot that if he learns to ride (properly) by his birthday he can have a new bike. We cycled 3 miles around the dome.

He has won his new bike.

Thats cool mate. My old man took me on blackheath when I was little and he used to push me along, I would shout at him not to let go, problem was he had let go a few mins ealier, I looked round and stacked it. Did he feel guilty, No Way, pissed himself laughing.

I learnt around Greenwich park, when I stacked it my Dad would tell me it's the only real way to learn, gee thanks Dad, thank god he didn't give me my driving lessons.
  • Went out for a Chinese meal in the Mandarin Palace in Bromley on Friday and then went to a "boozy bingo" fundraiser for the local school on Saturday. The glamorous life I lead and guess who the bingo caller was!
  • Henry, who was the bingo caller then.
  • [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Henry, who was the bingo caller then.

Well, they wanted someone with a big gob who didn't mind making a fool of himself in public so who do you think :-)
  • Henry, was it jim davidson?
  • The cycling was fun and it is good he has achieved it, I think I was about 8 before I learned so he is doing well.....I did try the letting him cycle and holding on to the bike but even at 5 he realised what was going to happen, so he learnt with his mother his challenge was to go out cycling with me, which he has achieved.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Well, they wanted someone with a big gob who didn't mind making a fool of himself in public so who do you think :-)

And having seen you at Watford they didn't need to look any further!

Funny, I always get those jobs. Quizmaster, DJ, Auctioner, Race Night host, Father Christmas etc....
    I've been Foreman on every jury I've served on too.
  • Canada won a friendly against Bermuda. We will rise from our 103 FIFA Ranking!
  • Surprise 80th Birthday meal for my dad who was 80 last Friday and a CAFC supporter for 73 years, his face was a picture, as my family turned up, as he did not anticipate seeing me until this coming weekend
  • After finding out on Thursday that my boss had shafted me & convinced the powers that be that my job wasn't necessary anymore, I thought my weekend would be pants.

Turns out I had one of the best one's I've had in ages. Met up with two of my old school chums at Bluey & we talked about old times & what we used to get up to. One stayed the night & her hubby & kids came to collect her the next day, so got to see them too.

The rest of the weekend was spent with my wonderful husband, walking along the Thames, sharing a pint or three of Pride. Realising there is more to life than worrying about some sad little man with a bit of power :-D