Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

An audience with Peter Varney

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
Myself and Stanmore will be attending a meeting later this week with Reg and a host of other Charlton sites.

If there is anything you would like us to raise with regards the club that should be directed at the chief executive (ie. NOT there's never enough bog paper in the lavs), please send me a whisper.

Comments

• Options
    I'm there as well, but remember it's all off the record anyway ain't it?
  • Options
    will rothko be there doing battle with Addickted.net?
  • Options
    What is the rationale behind this Dan? Is it a regular event or has it been called by PV as a one off?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I'm there as well, but remember it's all off the record anyway ain't it?

yes, but there is no point in it if there isn't some form of information stream. I think most of us are sensible enough to know, like with any other Q+A meeting, what is fine to report and what is sensitive.
  • Options
    A toilet block outside the ground would be grand.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]will rothko be there doing battle with Addickted.net?

They'll be sitting there meakly, don't think they can communicate without smilies.

*cue hysterics from other there*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]What is the rationale behind this Dan? Is it a regular event or has it been called by PV as a one off?

i'm not sure to be honest. I think it originated by Forever Charlton in an attempt to get to know some of the guys behind other sites. I don't believe it to be club led, though i can see it used as some form of thinktank. its a one off but if goes well, then it may become something that gets repeated.

I'm going with an open mind to be honest.
  • Options
    Do we have a fexible pricing structure for away fans at The Valley eg U18, under 21 prices for young adults and if so why can this not be reciprocated at grounds that we visit?
  • Options
    Whatever he says, he'll say the opposite two weeks later! ;-)
  • Options
    Thinking totally outside of the box, could this be an attempt to consolidate all the blogs and sites under one banner and move them nearer to club control?

I love a conspiracy theory...........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1905 i think you might be right...!!
  • Options
    I've heard this too, from a reliable source.
  • Options
    yes im not sure he's asked you into see him so we can all fire questions at him!!
  • Options
    if this is true about the club wanting to take control of forums tell Reg to take a running jump.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]if this is true about the club wanting to take control of forums tell Reg to take a running jump.

dude, i think 1905 was conspiricy theorying!
  • Options
    A friend of mine told me about this happening in Newcastle.
  • Options
    As said, the club we're approached i believe, not the other way round. Think some of you are reading a bit too much into things.

There can't really be any form of consolidation, or club control, of sites such as these as they are effectively run by individuals, not groups. And i actually believe its in the clubs interests to have a healthy relationship with the main sites, without being too close.

We (here) certainly do want a good relationship with the club, and will generally do everything we can to support and be supportive of the club. There is no hidden agenda, and we have certainly no interest in trouble making or appearing as a poor represention of Charlton Athletic.

But when things are going wrong, like they were in the Les Reed area, its right that we, and other sites, have a voice to express concerns and raise issues. We have no mainstream fanzine, nor a particularly active supporters club any more, so its important that supporters views are made public in the correct manner.
  • Options
    ere davey dave is it the same geezer who knows an old ex of a mate of mine.

yes had heard the same too.

well at least once the club takes over i can get back to doing a normal days work.
  • Options
    Its equally worth remembering as well the responsibility of site owners of what is allowed on their sites. Clubs can certainly make things very difficult for internet sites if they are not moderated effectively, and i'm not suprised if action is taken in the past at other clubs in relation to what is made public.

Rumour very quickly becomes fact in the internet world, and legal proceedings can never be far away if sites are not run efficiently or with some form of responsibility.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ere davey dave is it the same geezer who knows an old ex of a mate of mine.

well at least once the club takes over i can get back to doing a normal days work.

No. I have actually heard nothing about this at all. I was just jumping on the conspiracy theory bandwagon!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's very quiet at work today.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Its equally worth remembering as well the responsibility of site owners of what is allowed on their sites. Clubs can certainly make things very difficult for internet sites if they are not moderated effectively, and i'm not suprised if action is taken in the past at other clubs in relation to what is made public.

Rumour very quickly becomes fact in the internet world, and legal proceedings can never be far away if sites are not run efficiently or with some form of responsibility.

Indeed. CharltonLoyal website is no more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ere davey dave is it the same geezer who knows an old ex of a mate of mine.

No. I have actually heard nothing about this at all. I was just jumping on the conspiracy theory bandwagon!

So was i. worked quite well i thought.
  • Options
    AFKA - Now dont start treading on Sir Henry's shoes. He is the one voice of the peoples republic of Charlton. Power to the Popular Addicks Front!
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    So was i. worked quite well i thought.

I bottled it! We could have gone on for ages.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]AFKA - Now dont start treading on Sir Henry's shoes. He is the one voice of the peoples republic of Charlton. Power to the Popular Addicks Front!

Don't worry you won't be. It was an idea from Forever Charlton to just get the bloggers together with me hosting. I thought it could go further, and could be more attractive, than that and so suggested inviting Peter Varney as well.

Certainly not a club initiated thing or an attempt to brainwash the bloggers, more trying to build links and aid communication.

As AFKA says I hope people respect the limits to what can be repeated and what can't. If so maybe we can do it again with other guests and look at ways of having a broadcast of some sort but this is a test to see how it works.

PS People's Addicks Fronts are spliters!
  • Options
    For gawds sake man, don't go with an open mind, go with 10 pints inside you and tell him how you really feel!
  • Options
    yeah how about some flag poles and flags, Millwall get em, so why not us?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]For gawds sake man, don't go with an open mind, go with 10 pints inside you and tell him how you really feel!

Hah! You'll give *me* ideas...
  • Options
    ah you've dangled the carrot to get everyone interested and then you'll have us foaming at the mouth wanting to know what was said and all we'll get is the usual bumfluff ----

why bother saying it's happening when all we are going to get is stuff we've heard on the grapevine anyway - you rascals -

FLOG 'EM ALL.