Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boro new manager

Looks like being that former Real no.2 that Palace was after.

Foreign managers look like flavour of the month again....

Comments

• Options
    Aitor Karanka, he was the assistant to Jose Mourinho at Real Madrid.

Big gamble by Boro but Mourinho has been saying who ever gets him will be very lucky.

• Options
    I thought venus was in with a shout
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    uie2 said:

He was , but i think they are worlds apart now ..... (sorry i couldn't resist).

• Options
    Lol
  • Options
    If he's so good why has no Spanish club given him a job?

You can't tell me he'd rather go to Middlesbrough than manage in his homeland.
  • Options
    Everyone's trying to find the next Pochettino.
  • Options

It was Middlesbrough or Croydon...........
  • Options

I prefer a skinny latte
  • Options
    More money to spend (and earn) at Boro than Palace?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    uie2 said:

Maybe Palace will go for Serena
  • Options

McClaren was the most successful manager M'boro have had under Gibson. The new manager like McClaren was assistant manager / coach at one of the biggest clubs in the world prior to accepting the role. After Strachan and Mowbray, Gibson may have felt that being British and experienced was not necessarily the answer.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

God, how depressed must he be feeling after being given those two too choose from. If it was me, i would go for the third option....Colt45 bullet to the side of the head!
  • Options

Championship Teeside or Premiership Croydon as well

Must be depressing for the Palace board

• Options
    Our very own manager was also "only" an assistant manager before taking over at Charlton...
  • Options
    Being Mourinho's no 2, does that mean Boro will be getting all Chelsea's up and coming kids on loan?
  • Options

uie2 said:

Palace talking to Dan Petrescu, who is managing in Russia
  • Options

Thing is that yes, he's undoubtedly doing a good job, but backed up with a very good academy and a healthy transfer budget. Other managers won't be so lucky.
  • Options
    Pleased he's not at Selhurst as I could see him ending up with plenty of loanees from Chelsea if he had.
  • Options
    I'm a little concerned about another 2 managerial jobs going to coaches from abroad - I'm not being a nationalist just think it's a sad reflection on the state of English football that so many clubs and not just the top half a dozen are now looking overseas for managerial appointments
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 jobs Michael Appleton isn't getting, either. It's a disgrace.
  • Options

uie2 said:

Palace talking to Dan Petrescu, who is managing in Russia

Petrescu? Don't think International Rescue will save them stripey twats this year !
  • Options
    Yes true, they are bang in trouble and surely nailed on to go down. But actually only 2 wins away from being right back in it.
  • Options

Yes true, they are bang in trouble and surely nailed on to go down. But actually only 2 wins away from being right back in it.

I reckon 18 points max this year
  • Options
    The sad thing is that even if they go down without another point they will still be financially well off