Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The iPro Stadium...

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-agree-stadium-naming-rights-deal-1173373.aspx

£7m over 10 years for Derby as a result of this deal and it seems like it's only a matter of time until other clubs follow.

How soon will it be until the Valley is sponsored? How would people feel about it?

Comments

• Options
    It'll always be known as Pride Park, just like St. James' Park.

Not too bothered about a company buying the name, it'll always be known as The Valley to the fans. As long as it looks the same nothing has really changed.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Derby have been more forward thinking than most clubs in what can be sponsored. Their American owners have encouraged the US style of advertising every possible avenue so corners and throws, for example, are sponsored.

They already have healthy crowds, so to increase their spending power under FFP, they are doing what they can to raise revenue in other ways.

They've found a decent, sports-related business to tie up with, so all the better. Pride Park doesn't have the history of the Baseball Ground, so I can't imagine their fans will have an issue with this.

Personally, I wouldn't have had an issue with The iPro Valley!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I wouldn't mind the iPro Valley either if it meant 700k per year for the club. The word Valley is integral to that though, I wouldn't be keen if it became just another sponsored 'stadium' or 'arena'.
  • Options
    I think as long as the ground continued to be called the Valley, I don't care if it is sponsored
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I think as long as the ground continued to be called the Valley, I don't care if it is sponsored

me neither
  • Options
    Bury got 11 pairs of trainers for JD sponsoring their ground.
  • Options
    I suspect we'd be more likely to get the Old Pro Valley.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

The Netto Valley does have a certain ring to it :)
  • Options
    It was the Ikea Valley last week :-)
  • Options
    I quite fancy Valley of the dolls (sponsored by Mattel)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I quite fancy Valley of the dolls (sponsored by Mattel)

The Russ Meyer version may be more risqué!! ;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    As long as marmite don't sponsor it...
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Derby have been more forward thinking than most clubs in what can be sponsored. Their American owners have encouraged the US style of advertising every possible avenue so corners and throws, for example, are sponsored.

They already have healthy crowds, so to increase their spending power under FFP, they are doing what they can to raise revenue in other ways.

They've found a decent, sports-related business to tie up with, so all the better. Pride Park doesn't have the history of the Baseball Ground, so I can't imagine their fans will have an issue with this.

Corners and throws are sponsored?

"Lawrie Wilson will now take a throw in in association with ready-mix concrete."
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

As long as marmite don't sponsor it...

Ha Ha.

• Options
    Tampax would be a good sponsor unless they suddenly pulled out.
  • Options
    Putting aside their Palace connotations 'The Virgin Valley' has a nice ring to it!
  • Options
    Knowing our luck we'll probably end up being sponsored by the Gypsy Council. A few potholes in the car park filled in badly, then they'll nick the roofs off the stands and f**k off.
  • Options
    Holiday Inn The Valley..
  • Options
    I hear a central African country want to boost tourism to their nation hence it will be the Chad Valley
  • Options
    The truth is that if we don't sell our soul (and not just naming rights to the ground) we will fall behind those that do. So we will, probably, have to!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Marlboro Valley ?
  • Options
    Wonga Valley
    Red Bull Valley
    BetFred Valley
    Moneysupermarket.com valley
  • Options
    The Valley of the Jolly Green Giant .. ho ho ho
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Corners and throws are sponsored?

"Lawrie Wilson will now take a throw in in association with ready-mix concrete."
    Yep! Was up there last year with mate who was their FD. Sponsors name comes up on the big screens...they were looking to raise revenues getting sponsorship for everything!

Kings Hill Addick is right...all clubs need to find alternative revenue streams, given FFP, and we need to make sure that we do what we can to keep up.
  • Options
    The Ben Hamer Valley
  • Options
    what about The National Rail Valley to go with the trainspotter tag
  • Options
    http://www.intugroup.co.uk/

This lot are close to signing a deal but can't think of a suitable theme song
  • Options

Tampax would be a good sponsor unless they suddenly pulled out.

That will be the time to throw in the towel .
  • Options
    JT said:

The Ben Hamer Valley

Conservative Party Valley
    Maggie Thatcher Memorial Valley
  • Options
    The Frankie Valley