Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Article: Passports, Piazzas & Pyro

2»

Comments

• edited November 2013

Thanks for the notes Leroy, still fancy catching a game down there. I recall the Catania incident - think it was a homemade bomb that caused the death, quite shocking.

This didn't look correct when I read it but I could not think why. As I understand, home made 'bombs' were thrown but this was not the cause of death. I heard that the fans were not directly responsible for the policeman's death and the cause of death may have been due to the officer being struck by a police car.

• I think a home made bomb was blamed at the time, then a lead pipe being thrown. That's probably changed, it's really hard to decipher the real goings on of such events in Italy. I actually had flights to Milan-Samp at the time until it got postponed because of the riots then put back on at the last minute.

Anyway, this might be of interest to a few of you: http://www.ultras-tifo.net/news/2037-overview-of-italian-clubs-letter-g-h-a-i.html

Quite cool, there should be some info on teams and fans you don't know. If you 'like' their site on Facebook you also get daily updates of what's going on around Europe and beyond.