Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Hamer on English Goalkeepers

Comments

• Options
    Don't agree with that. He can speak for himself but Butland is a better keeper than Ruddy.
  • Options
    I'm sure that Uncle Roy will take heed .. and NEVER pick Hamer while CAFC is not a primo primo club
  • Options
    Butland is not a better goalkeeper than Ruddy. He's a good shot stopper but he's really not all he's cracked up to be. Ruddy plays well for Norwich in the Prem almost every week and is a very solid keeper. Butland can improve with time but I don't think he'll reach the heights that were expected of him around the time of the Olympics
  • Options
    Butland better than Ruddy?! Having a laugh, he's nowhere near international quality (yet) imo.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Butland better than Ruddy?! Having a laugh, he's nowhere near international quality (yet) imo.

Neither of them are really, let's face it. Well, they're good enough to (potentially) be in the squad, but of every English goalkeeper I can think of, only an in-form, top of his game Hart can be credibly mentioned as one of the best in Europe, let alone the world.
  • Options
    Forster is consistently good in the CL for Celtic.
  • Options

Forster is consistently good in the CL for Celtic.

He was bloody good the last time Norwich were at the Valley .
  • Options
    Wow , quite refreshing for Ben to say this.

Charlton No1 Ben Hamer sees the goalkeepers in the Championship on a weekly basis. “Most of the keepers in the Championship are English or British but there is a reason we are here,” said Hamer. “We have weaknesses in our game that we can improve on.
  • Options
    Hamer was at Wembley last night hoped he took notes on how to distribute the ball from the Chilein goalkeeper.
  • Options
    Agree it is worrying the lack on top flight English keepers available.