Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SLP: Chris Powell - I want to stay at Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Interesting piece, first time theres a little more meat on the situation
  • Options
    Still a way to go with contracts
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I see Cawley is running some kind of poll on Twitter to see how many fans think he should or shouldn't get a new contract. It's currently 76 to 6 in favour of the yeas.

Update: 110 to 8.
  • Options
    Sounds more and more like a "oi, hurry up and sort our contracts out or else you will lose us to richer teams" aimed indirectly at the board.
  • Options
    Fairly obvious that he's not happy with the uncertainty for his players or himself. Let's hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears.
  • Options
    Just sign him up for 3 more years and we will be ok.
  • Options
    I reckon we can expect a story in the national press linking SCP with a bigger club in the next few weeks. the Increased coverage his contract situation is getting will mean his agent will start getting twitchy. Despite powell being a fine upstanding member of his profession, his agent will still be looking to sort the best deal for his client, and ultimately himself too!
  • Options
    Sign him up!
  • Options
    Reads more to me as if some key players are unwilling to commit until they are sure the Gaffer will also be here. That suggests that contract discussions are under way for at least some of them but that they are waiting for CP to be settled, not the other way round.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Reads more to me as if some key players are unwilling to commit until they are sure the Gaffer will also be here. That suggests that contract discussions are under way for at least some of them but that they are waiting for CP to be settled, not the other way round.

Once the ownership get the player contracts sorted Powell will sign on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ACAP said:

I reckon we can expect a story in the national press linking SCP with a bigger club in the next few weeks. the Increased coverage his contract situation is getting will mean his agent will start getting twitchy. Despite powell being a fine upstanding member of his profession, his agent will still be looking to sort the best deal for his client, and ultimately himself too!

There will probably be 10 decent vacancies coming up in the top 2 divisions over the next 9 months, so there's no need for his agent to start getting desperate!
  • Options
    Does Chris even have an agent? I have no idea, but I wouldn't take it as read.
  • Options
    If the club are in due diligence then nothing significant is likely to be sorted until that is sorted one way or another.
  • Options
    If the club are in due diligence then nothing significant is likely to be sorted until that is sorted one way or another.
  • Options
    C'mon Mr Board members , sign him up!
  • Options
    They will give CP a new contract soon. I'm pretty confident of that.
  • Options

C'mon Mr Board members , sign him up!

Yep, get your collective fingers out and do what you have to do.
  • Options

I'm interested - what makes you say that? We could all list reasons and opinions as to why it makes sense. But will it happen soon?

• Options

I may have dreamt it but seem to recall that I heard he has the same agent as Pards ..ie the "sign 'em up for as many years as you can" guy..

• Options

They will give CP a new contract soon. I'm pretty confident of that.p

I'm interested - what makes you say that? We could all list reasons and opinions as to why it makes sense. But will it happen soon?

I hope you are right Gary, I think he deserves a new contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Because, and I know I'm in the minority, trust the board to do the right thing.

They did it with Solly and Cousins. CP will be next.
  • Options
    There is no reason I can discern to think we are in due diligence.
  • Options

Pretty sure NLA told me he does, and knows who it is.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Let's wait and see.

• Options

Richard Cawley
    @RichCawleySLP
    It's now 139-7 for Chris Powell to get a new deal at #cafc. That is overwhelming support.

95% in fact. Pretty much the same as the Trust survey, if I recall.
  • Options
    how much would SCP earn? 15k per week? 750k per year
  • Options
    I reckon it's half of that. At most.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Let's wait and see.

Quite.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Let's wait and see.

Quite.
    You two are teasing us. I wont bite any more than this comment.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Let's wait and see.

Quite.
    Right to keep it quiet, don't want to get peoples hopes up just yet