Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich Match

Afternoon

I'm coming down from Cambridge for the Ipswich match, sitting with some of your club sponsors or partners or what not, but need to stop off at Greenwich Park on route.

I was thinking of walking from there, what is it, about 2 mile? Are there any good pubs on the way? Camra and the like, not fizzy lager crap holes.

Looks like we are bringing 2300 down, should be a good day. Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    Just pray it doesn't rain
  • Options
    You can walk from Greenwich park, bring a map, it would take a while if you intend to stop at pubs along the way. Best pub by the Park is the Plume of Feathers. Id just stay in there and then jump on a train from Maze Hill to Charlton once you've drunk enough.

Note that the nearest station to Greenwich park is Maze Hill (if coming from London bridge).

• Options
    Best pub near the park to my knowledge is The Plume of Feathers if you like your ales.

http://www.plumeoffeathers-greenwich.co.uk/

Bit of a trek to walk to The Valley from there. Maze Hill station is nearby. (Come out the pub turn left and walk to the end of the road) Two stops on the train.

Enjoy your big day out :-)
  • Options
    Two votes for the Feathers, so I will head there. Yeah, big day out. I love beating you lot to make up for stealing Holland, Bent et al
  • Options
    JackITFC said:

Two votes for the Feathers, so I will head there. Yeah, big day out. I love beating you lot to make up for stealing Holland, Bent et al

They just chose to move to a bigger club.
  • Options
    Are you bringing your brother/father with you?

(Just joking Jack) :-)
  • Options

They just chose to move to a bigger club.

That was certainly true at the time, I don't think you can argue with that. Now I'm not so sure. Similar clubs in terms of size I would think.

Are you bringing your brother/father with you?

(Just joking Jack) :-)

Of course, the whole family will be in the back of the trailer with me.

• Options
    The Plume is at the bottom of the park. Take the exit by the boating lake, turn right & it's about 50 yards.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/12/1200/Plume_of_Feathers/Greenwich
  • Options
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Another vote for the Plume. Might go there myself before the game with an Ipswich pal.

If you're at the top (Blackheath) end of the park, the Hare & Billet is a fine beer destination these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @jackITFC what's the general feeling on how things are going under Mick McSpanner ?
  • Options

Just pray it doesn't rain

That's what I was thinking, Greenwich Park to The Valley in the pissing rain - yes, I have done it - is a bloody nightmare, you never seem to get any closer to the ground!
  • Options

@jackITFC what's the general feeling on how things are going under Mick McSpanner ?

We are showing signs of real progress under Mick, albeit slow progress. Now much more solid at the back which is a nice change and good up top too. Just the midfield and the the lack of a creative player to see to.

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

Another vote for the Plume. Might go there myself before the game with an Ipswich pal.

If you're at the top (Blackheath) end of the park, the Hare & Billet is a fine beer destination these days.

And another vote for the Plume, the landlady is Palace though....but don't let that put you off shes a lovely lady, and take the advice of others on here and jump on the train from Maze Hill to Charlton.