Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cousins: Charlton Athletic midfielder's rapid rise

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25042410

Charlton Athletic midfielder Jordan Cousins only started his first professional game 55 days ago.

In that time, the 19-year-old has certainly made quite an impression, signing a new three-year contract, playing all but six minutes of the Addicks' matches since, and now being named the Football League's Young Player of the Month for October..........

Comments

• Options
    well said and well played that man.
  • Options
    Message to any managers out there sniffing around.......

What a shit article and no way deserves the award. He's rubbish. There, hope that works.

Well done JC, long may it continue...............
  • Options
    When I saw him play in the pre season friendly at Dagenham I knew he would break into the first team quickly.

He deserves all the praise and accollades he's getting.

I just pray that we can keep hold of him for the forseeable future...
  • Options
    Nice article SA and as well as the obvious praise for JC (He's going to be a superstar), nice things said about Paul Hart, hopefully we can keep him.
  • Options
    I'll put my hand up and admit that I didn't think he was going to break into the 1st team. Probably due to only ever seen him play in defence at RB or CB.

At times, it's nice to be wrong................
  • Options
    He won't want to play at the Peninsular so will be gone by then....
  • Options

Well done JC.

Suspect any EPL team that has not had him watched will now do so. When you hear the interest in relation to Derby's young player, you wonder how long before an EPL manager says JC is worth a punt and makes an offer.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Tut, tut ...... you'll have to learn to spell peninsula correctly, Len.

;o)

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

LenGlover said:

Tut, tut ...... you'll have to learn to spell peninsula correctly, Len.

;o)

Quite right Oggy.

In mitigation I was reading this earlier.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2511099/Take-tour-Gower-Pottering-Gower-Peninsular-VW-campervan.html

The most persuasive argument yet that the Daily Mail is bad for you....

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was just wearing my Charlton Life anorak, Len.

But I didn't know you were a Daily Mail reader.

;o)

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Oggy Red said:

I was just wearing my Charlton Life anorak, Len.

But I didn't know you were a Daily Mail reader.

;o)

Not normally Oggy but I was talking about the Gower Coast, and how lovely it is, to a colleague who pointed me to the article.

EDIT: It's the centenary of Dylan Thomas' birth next year so a good time to revisit maybe.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Nice article SA and as well as the obvious praise for JC (He's going to be a superstar), nice things said about Paul Hart, hopefully we can keep him.
    Thanks Kap!

And yeah totally agree, he has done a great job so far!
  • Options
    Quite right RC, he did a great job defensively helping see off Odubajo. I think most of us would just like to see him in the centre where (a) he can really play to his strengths, and (b) we could do with the extra energy levels he brings. It would be great if he could add a bit more to his game further forward (he's still young and they're clearly working on that aspect of his game), but he's always been primarily a defender so it's a big change.
  • Options
    RC - I'm not upset! Cousins is one of my favourite players and should have won Player Of The Year IMHO
  • Options
    LL I assume he meant he didn't want to upset you by opening debate on the strictly controlled player marks thread...
  • Options

RC - I'm not upset! Cousins is one of my favourite players and should have won Player Of The Year IMHO

You would have been if I had ranted off topic on the 'Players Marks' :-)
  • Options
    Watched online, thought he did pretty well playing on his "wrong" side, and in a position he's hardly ever played. Even beat a player at one point, something he doesn't really do.
  • Options
    One thing I was worried about with him was he seemed a little lightweight last season but he's bulked up now and spent a lot of yesterday's match putting that clown McOxo in his place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:

Rather than upset @lancashirelad on the players marks thread I have resurrected this old one to get this issue off my chest.

Why do people keep trotting out the same old lines about Cousins, he's not a winger, he can't play wide, he can't go past his man, he's out of position etc. Err..........maybe because he is more of a utility player better suited to CM or DM and has the complete trust of his manager for whom he is doing a specific job for when asked to play wide whether it is right or left.........I know he's not a friggin winger but he did a good job helping to nullify Odubajo so much so the £1m wide man was withdrawn! If we had had a fully fit more defensively minded left sided midfielder yesterday that person would have played instead. Arrrrrgh..................rant over.

Deep breaths Red Chaser.
  • Options
    I think we should consider ourselves very lucky that we have a a young, talented player who is willing to do whatever is needed for the team.

Which is why I have always considered him a better player than Poyet. He has something that Poyet doesn't. It's called Spirit.
  • Options
    Cousins skinned their full back a couple of times, for a centre mid/right back he did very well in my opinion.
  • Options
    He did have a fair game on the left. Great attitude.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

You would have been if I had ranted off topic on the 'Players Marks' :-)
    ah yes I understand, many thanks for your consideration :)
  • Options
    Agreed. What a great lad to have in our squad. Hope he gets the chance to nail down a place in the centre, where he could become a very good player.
  • Options
    he was deffo in the mix

i smiled when he beat his man on the wing those 2 times
  • Options
    Not sure he is fully fit at moment, did a very good job yesterday but IMO should have been subbed 10 minutes earlier as he looked out on his feet.
  • Options
    I thought he had a decent game yesterday, he is class and shows it by having a solid game whatever postion he is asked to play.

Great attitude to, whenever you read an interview with him, just wants to play football.
  • Options
    He started out as a full back so playing a defensive wide midfield position is not that ridiculous. Its only because we all know how good he is in the center we'd prefer to see him play there.