Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The "I'm not moving" or should it be called "Let's talk about Lego" thread.

Young supporter, clearly passionate, comes on to say he doesn't want us to move grounds. Someone mentions Lego. Thread splits into parallel universes, where half the posters address the OPs point and half talk about how brilliant Lego is.

This is what I love about this site and you won't find it anywhere else.
Passionate, irreverent, eccentric and funny. Debate that just keeps on giving. Quality.

Comments

• Options
    If its the "Lets talk about Lego" thread then I just wanna say that I'm 30 years old and still love it... As someone mentioned on the other thread its the greatest toy ever created.

Its great that they do an Advanced Series (for older people though) as the models are spectacular... Volkswagen Camper / Sopwith Camel and Tower Bridge are really challenging to build (not to mention huge)

Back on subject.... No we shouldnt leave the Valley lol!
  • Options
    Can someone start a thread about this thread pls..
  • Options
    Lol.
  • Options
    lol! Sorry I was gonna post my Lego comment on the other thread but it seemed as though they'd got back on topic and would have felt a little silly :)
  • Options
    I used to make lego stands for my subbuteo and scalextric. Kids these days don't know what they're missing.
  • Options
    Could never get into Meccano... Had a little bit of it just couldnt manage it (too fiddly) was either Lego or Airfix for me
  • Options

Not being one to subvert threads, but who remembers Meccano?
    Rumour has it that the old West Stand was made of the stuff.
    Loved meccano
    http://www.meccano.com/media/images/web/histoire/premiere.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2013
    The basic idea behind Lego is brilliant. It's been spoiled though by becoming increasingly centred around huge (expensive) kits based on films and other themes. The beauty of Lego is in allowing kids (and adults) to give free-rein to their imagination. They should be figuring out how to make whatever takes their fancy, not following dozens of pages of tedious instructions to make a life sized model of the Death Star.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2nL5sSSvd0
  • Options
    I've suffered more injuries standing barefoot on stray Lego that i care to remember . I hate the stuff.
  • Options

I've suffered more injuries standing barefoot on stray Lego that i care to remember . I hate the stuff.

this. my little boy has a super hero type figure, whose main weapon is some kind of mace with spikes on it - i trod on the thing the other night, full downward weight and bare footed too - he got to learn several new words which will undoubtedly impress his classmates at school!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got the two year old some duplo and some sticklebricks. Happy days!
  • Options
    Check out these bad boys. My daughter bought me these cufflinks after sorting out all my son's old lego for my grandson.

• Options

Check out these bad boys. My daughter bought me these cufflinks after sorting out all my son's old lego for my grandson.

Yeah I've a pair of lego brick cufflinks like those... Love wearing them :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Twin Peaks in 3 minutes for any fans:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zydZq2lVnns
    There are spoilers obviously.