Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Lido v Doncaster Leisure Pool | 26 November 2013 | Preview, Views, Line-ups and Predictions

Comments

• Options
    2-0 addicks, I'm back for the match thread and it will be starting at 7:15.
  • Options
    Vital game this one. 3 points will give us a bit of breathing room. I hope Wood returns at the back. 1-0 Addicks.
  • Options

Just 27 comments in the 'post-match views' thread but another 27 pages of bollox in the takeover thread about who was in the directors box and then 15 pages more about what some bloke in the upper north said whose uncle works with a geyser who knows someone whose sister-in-law went out with a bloke at a property company that might be the one buying Charlton because they were standing by the office water-cooler and isn't it a coincidence they were all talking about football....

Exactly more views and comments on spurs letting in 6
    I think people are a bit bored with Charlton apart from us who've been let out of the asylum
    40k , you're aving a laugh
  • Options

Can't we get a free ticket with the original stub?

According to the ticket office you can use the original ticket stub to get in for this "replay". Hope they have told the turnstile staff.

• Options
    when you say the original ticket stub do you meen the small bit that wasnt ripped out?
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

when you say the original ticket stub do you meen the small bit that wasnt ripped out?

no, if you are a season ticket holder it's Voucher A from the back of your book
  • Options
    3-1win, with everyone calculating post game how far off the play offs we are.
  • Options
    Can see the floodgates opening for this one, so going for a 4-1 home victory.
  • Options
    In my eyes a winnable game but not disaster if we lose still a long way to go.
  • Options

In my eyes a winnable game but not disaster if we lose still a long way to go.

All games are winnable. Technically.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some interesting facts:

MATCH FACTS
    Head-to-head

• Excluding the abandoned game on 24 August, these clubs have only met six times previously with all six second-tier league games; Charlton have won four and Doncaster two.

• They were most recently in the Championship together in 2008-09, when the away team won both games.

• Doncaster have failed to score in half of their meetings with the Addicks.

Charlton Athletic

• The Addicks, one place and three points above the bottom three, have followed a five-match unbeaten run with back-to-back defeats, and are in danger of suffering three successive league losses for the second time in two months.

• Chris Powell's side have not won in five home league games, and have registered only one league victory at The Valley this season; 2-1 against Leicester on 31 August.

• Charlton have scored first in a divisional-low four matches, and have netted only 12 Championship goals in total, two more than the lowest scorers, Yeovil.

Doncaster Rovers

• Rovers, two places and two points superior to Charlton, followed a four-match winless run with Friday's 2-1 home victory over rock-bottom Yeovil.

• They are now seeking their first back-to-back league wins of the season, and their first consecutive victories at this level since New Year's Day in 2011.

• Paul Dickov's side are the joint-lowest scorers away from home in the Championship, with only five goals in seven games; identical to Wigan's return.

• Doncaster are also the most vulnerable side in the last 15 minutes of Championship games, when they have conceded a divisional-high 11 of their 24 goals.

• Options
    Tweet from a Donnie fan:
    Charlton away tonight, pitch inspection due at 3-0 #DRFC #cafc
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Tweet from a Donnie fan:

quite witty tbh, we would be pissed if it was us im sure. especially when we give them a hiding tonight....... holds breath
  • Options
    4-4-2, Stewart right, Harriott left, Jackson on the bench, Sordell up front with Kerm. You saw it here first. Unless someone else has already said it.

SCP going to see this as a 'go-for-it' game and after Saturday, needs to create far more. Can't play one up front at home to Doncaster.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

No they mean the large red bit you kept safe and then lost down the back of the sofa.

This trickle could turn into a flow...

• Options
    3-2 to the CP's Red and White Army.
  • Options
    We can't score goals. 1 - 0 to I know not.
  • Options
    Depends how well SCP uses our subs
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

Tweet from a Donnie fan:

quite witty tbh, we would be pissed if it was us im sure. especially when we give them a hiding tonight....... holds breath
    Yes, it gave me a chuckle.
  • Options
    Charlton 1 4 Doncaster

match abandoned in 64th minute due to smoke from toilets engulfing the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit early to be calling matches like this a 6 pointer but I fear that it actually is one :-(

Got to get out of the blocks quick tonight and take the game to them somehow as I think they will be really fired up for this one given what happened in August.

August BTW wheres the time gone since then???
  • Options
    Seeing as I am pretty certain we would have lost the original game you have to say anything better than 1-3 is a result.

1-4

12684, including 197 delirious northern monkeys
  • Options
    I've been told by a Doncaster fan to look out for Duffy. 1-1 I reckon, I'd forgotten about it until the end of last week but I'm quite up for this match.
  • Options
    Expect Donny to be well up for this. 1-2
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

I've been told by a Doncaster fan to look out for Duffy. 1-1 I reckon, I'd forgotten about it until the end of last week but I'm quite up for this match.

duffy played well against yeovil.
  • Options
    Kerminator back. 2-0
  • Options
    I remember sitting in a bar in Spain when the original match was played being very bemused! I hope that this isn't going to be a repeat!

Hamer
    Wilson Morrison Wood Wiggins
    Stewart Cousins Stephens Jacko/Harriott (depending on Jacko's fitness after QPR)
    Yann Church

2-0 addicks. Kermy and Stephens.

There is good support throughout but the second goal by Stephens in the 87th minute sparks a huge chant from covered end of "you only win when you're swimming" causing Dickov to admit that the tidal wave of noise throughout the game drowned out the Doncaster fans and could have been a reason for the loss. He goes on to say how maybe after the drubbing earlier on in the season of Charlton that he had dived in too strongly with too much confidence in a very attacking synchronised swimming formation. Dickov rues that perhaps a career in managing a water polo team is for him.

In other news BreamTeam are returning to the big screen tonight for a sopecisl rendition of FEEEEEEESSHH!!
  • Options
    edited November 2013

RedChaser said:

We're gonna score 5 to continue our November ritual

Nathan you cheeky chappie I hope you are going to cheer the boys on before you clock on :0)
    Not in again til Saturday night so yes I shall be there. Gotta buy a bloody ticket though.
    @NathanPrior No way ! Look on the bright side you might not have to buy a round :0)
  • Options
    Was at the original game, can't make tonight - we always win midweek games that I miss, 4 3, thriller
  • Options
    Is this on radio?