Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Would certainly keep Callum Harriott on his toes if Cameron Stewart stayed , financially, can we afford to keep him , someone who is regularly bulging the back of the net is a priority , but i guess you need service as well , has he done enough to have his loan extended?
  • Options

Would certainly keep Callum Harriott on his toes if Cameron Stewart stayed , financially, can we afford to keep him , someone who is regularly bulging the back of the net is a priority , but i guess you need service as well , has he done enough to have his loan extended?

Other than the Leeds goal, can't say i have been impressed.
  • Options
    If we are taken over and have real money then would like someone better. If we are not taken over and have little money i would probably not use what little we have on him again tbh.
  • Options
    He needs to improve his crossing first. Shooting boots wise he ain't bad but for a winger his crossing is too inconsistent. And thats being polite. Its Monday so trying to put a positive vibe out fir the week
  • Options
    Maybe we could make any future deal conditional in him learning how to kick a football with his left foot.
  • Options
    Fully agree, otherwise sends him back to Hull. We have Harriot and would be better placed to use the money for a right winger who can cross a ball.
  • Options
    at the very least he gives a very pedestrian side a bit of pace and go forward .. and he has scored a couple .. alas both in a losing cause .. extend his contract unless there is cash for someone a lot better
  • Options
    Two bob can't cross the bloody ball how many times Leeds and qpr over hit crosses . All well and good bemoaning our strikers but they're only as good as the service they good from the likes of Stewart

• Options
    Agree with Lincs... Keep him on as gives the side a bit of pace, although if there is something better available (Which I doubt until the summer) then let him go.

Has he managed to play much with Yann being on the end of his crosses yet though... I think its a crazy decision to try and lob the ball into the box when its just Church up front!!
  • Options
    He wants to stay because he's heard we're being taken over by Americans / Germans / Kuwaiti's / Swiss / British* and he needs a new Hummer

*delete as appropriate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought he had a good game last night .

I know the opposition was a different kettle of fish from last Saturday's but really showed what he's capable of - taking on defenders, shooting on target etc.

Liking the cut of his jib !
  • Options
    much better playing out on the right, definitely one to keep if we can
  • Options
    He has a shot on him! He was close to MOM last night, much improved.
  • Options
    He had a couple of good shots but these came when he moved into the centre of the pitch. When he stayed out on the wing he rarely got past the full-back, his crossing was very average and he failed to give Wilson much defensive support. As for him being or nearly being MOM last night, well not for me. He is young, clearly has talent and is worth keeping but he has to do a lot more to become a fixture IMO.
  • Options
    Another player who comments on giving Powell a extended contract, so that's all the fans, all the players what are the board doing
  • Options

Another player who comments on giving Powell a extended contract, so that's all the fans, all the players what are the board doing

Trying to sell the club!
  • Options

Trying to sell the club!
    And while they are doing that most of the squad and staff are free to talk to other clubs in just over a month
  • Options
    That's, obviously, right Paulie but if we assume that we have ten players that are worth, on average, a £2k a week rise then that's £1m a year they add to the running costs. That might put potential buyers off (especially if they intend to replace most of the squad anyway - like the current board did) but either was it committs the current board to stumping up another £20k a week until they get a buyer.

I don't like it, but I was just answering your question. The club seems to be making no long term plans as the board are trying to sell the club.
  • Options
    But surely that would take the price up, as with any club its main assets are the players and if everyone's contacts are in the last 6 months so we lose everyone that must take the price of the club right down.
  • Options
    Stewart is a better player then Harriott, so to my mind I'd much rather he stay than us not extend the loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But surely that would take the price up, as with any club its main assets are the players and if everyone's contacts are in the last 6 months so we lose everyone that must take the price of the club right down.

Its the impact of FFP and the fact that our owners priority at the moment is selling the club. Players that we see as assets could be viewed by new owners as potential liabilities. If you look at the activity in the last few windows at clubs like us, players are rarely commanding a fee. The majority of big fees (i.e. £1m plus) are for players transferring into the premier league or clubs ignoring FFP and trying to get into the premier league (i.e. Blackburn). for the vast majority of the rest of the championship and the leagues lower than that, most of the transfers have been free.

The impact of FFP is that contracts longer than 1yr are going to be a rarity for players in their 30's. Personally I hate it, but loyal servants like Jackson, Kermogant etc don't have a resale value these days so are seen by the suits at the top as liabilities rather than assets.

Hamer, Morrison, Stephens, Pritchard are all coming into their prime and would probably be pushing for increases along with contract extensions, but these to could be seen as liabilities if the "new owners" want to upgrade with better quality/ more experienced players in the summer. They may have a transfer value, but its going to be in thousands not millions and its a buyers market.

Our main playing assets at the moment are the younger players who may go on to a premier league carrier. These, by and large, are signed up. Our other assets are our league position and the potential to move to a new ground by the dome and that is what I suspect is motivating potential buyers, not the strength or otherwise of the squad.