Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Yep. Need a new keeper. Can't they send us Henry instead?
  • Options
    Or Bradley Wright Phillips...
  • Options
    Should never have got rid
  • Options
    Meara just completed his second season in Major League Soccer. The 23-year-old from Yonkers, N.Y. was drafted by New York in the second round (31st overall) in the 2012 MLS SuperDraft out of Fordham University. He went on to become an early frontrunner for MLS Rookie of the Year, winning the starting goalkeeper job and posting a 9-5-4 record in 18 games before undergoing season-ending hip surgery on Aug. 23, 2012.

What on earth is a 9-5-4 record. Blimey I hate the way the Yanks "Americanise" everything they get their hands on.
  • Options

What on earth is a 9-5-4 record. Blimey I hate the way the Yanks "Americanise" everything they get their hands on.

Win, Loss, Draw I assume
  • Options
    Their website says "We think this is an excellent opportunity for Ryan to get extra work in the offseason and have the experience of training in another country,” said Red Bulls Sporting Director Andy Roxburgh. “We were very pleased with how Ryan performed in training and with our reserves after returning from hip surgery this year, and we are looking forward to see him compete for a spot in our lineup in 2014.” I think it's just a training loan
  • Options

Meara just completed his second season in Major League Soccer. The 23-year-old from Yonkers, N.Y. was drafted by New York in the second round (31st overall) in the 2012 MLS SuperDraft out of Fordham University. He went on to become an early frontrunner for MLS Rookie of the Year, winning the starting goalkeeper job and posting a 9-5-4 record in 18 games before undergoing season-ending hip surgery on Aug. 23, 2012.

Woo! America!! U.S.A!! U.S.A! U.S.A!!
  • Options
    Simon Church has as many goals in the league, plus extra in the cup, as BWP got in 19 appearances for us last season. I loved him as much as anyone else in that L1 season but he's not cut out for the Championship.
  • Options

Simon Church has as many goals in the league, plus extra in the cup, as BWP got in 19 appearances for us last season. I loved him as much as anyone else in that L1 season but he's not cut out for the Championship.

By your reasoning neither is Church and I really like him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fordham University is a small D1 college, so for him to get drafted is pretty good.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

This
  • Options
    Sounds like we have built up a bit of a relationship with the red bulls. Tim Cahill on loan anyone?
  • Options
    Wonder if its nothing more than the Henry / Pires situation at Arsenal.

Season is over for the Red Bulls so is a win/win case for both parties, we get to have a look at him, NY have their GK not only continue his development but with a proper English Football team
  • Options
    It clearly says in the article he is here to train.

So yes, it is like the Henry/Pires situation.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

I really like him as well, and I think he is cut out for the Championship. My point, not very clearly made, was that Church already has more goals than BWP in fewer games. Add to that the fact that Church hasn't had much service without Yann alongside him and I think he have a far better chance of getting goals with Church. We were definitely right to let BWP go when we did.
  • Options
    With Hamer injured we might need to sign another one. Someone like Kevin Poole perhaps who, at the age of 50, sat on the bench for Burton tonight!
  • Options

With Hamer injured we might need to sign another one. Someone like Kevin Poole perhaps who, at the age of 50, sat on the bench for Burton tonight!

Crickey , theres hope for all us old gits yet!

• Options
    The keeper on trial is 8 years old , according to Terry Naylor he's not been having a good time so send him packing
  • Options
    I hear Forde is for sale, now there is a keeper I'd like to get.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We may be able to sign Ryan Meara on a short term contract. Either that, or we'll have to recall Pope or Phillips.
  • Options
    Do we know what is wrong with Hamer and how long he could be out for?
  • Options
    I was party to a conversation involving the club doctor last night, suspected spiral fracture of the tibia was the pre x-ray prognosis.
  • Options
    Anyone know if it was Ryan Meara out on the pitch last night... there was some blonde Goalie assisting Ben Roberts who went in goal for the shooting practice and erm I dont think he was too interested as every shot went in the goal
  • Options
    thought that was Piggott?