Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

killed off characters (features breaking bad spolier)

edited November 2013 in Not Sports Related
With the recent death of Brian Griffin (though I don't really like family guy) that was a surprising twist and end to a character it made me think.

What is the best death of a character in a fictional show in film, tv, book?

For the most emotional, classically people will probably say bambis mum.

Hank from recent breaking bad was pretty epic as it was quite unexpected.

My favourite for the reasons behind it is chef from south park (scientology)

Over to you.....

Comments

• Options
    I think you should edit breaking bad bit mate as I think lots on here watch it and may not be up to season 5 yet. At least state it contains spoilers in the title.
  • Options
    cant believe Peter Griffins dead when did that happen
  • Options
    Game of Thrones wedding murder scene.
  • Options

cant believe Peter Griffins dead when did that happen

Brian's dead which is equally tragic IMO.

• Options
    Maybe not best but my most shocking was a certain individual getting killed by a kid whilst buying cigs in The Wire season 5. Otherwise the big one at the end of Season 3 was great.
  • Options
    Mrs Mangle, followed by Helen Daniels.
  • Options
    I can't wait for PJ a and Duncan to fall out the tree house or off the rope bridge
  • Options
    The school kids on my bus today had a moments silence for brian the dog one girl actually cried.. What is the world comming too. I love family guy and know there will be a twist and brian will be back one day but come on...
  • Options
    Thank god it wernt peter and it was only brian

I mean a talking dog what ever next

Atleast lois aint dead real milf that
  • Options
    ***SPOILER ALERT****
    If you dont want to hear this about Family Guy do not read

Brian Griffin is not dead he is in the next episode hopefully they explain what happened in a future episode.
    Maybe Stewie managed to fix the time machine who knows but I also noticed a few episode I think its 3 in the next series have the word Brian in the title
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dr Romano in ER. Losing an arm to a helicopter was shocking enough. But to drop another helicopter on his head a year later was completely nuts.
  • Options
    Jenny Calender in Buffy just as Giles and her relationship was blossoming Angelus kills her
    Also Doyle in Angel very surprised he was killed off but that was done just to bring Wesley in
  • Options
    Eastenders takes the crown for this kind of thing although in a cheap way.

I felt emotion when homers mum died in the Simpsons.
  • Options
    Mod (Flanders wife) was an interesting one as something bad happened to Flanders.

Breaking bad has quite a few.

"Sherlock" bbc tv series when he jumps off the building. We are still yet to know how he is still alive. Counts as an epic death for 5minutes.
  • Options
    The death of Mrs landingham in the west wing was shock and led to some of the most brilliant episodes of any show seen on tv in recent years.
  • Options
    One more from me from Buffy, when Joyce Summers died, to lose the main characters mum was strange, added to that it was a non supernatural death(Brain Aneurysm) considering most if not all other deaths are supernatural, and obviously it was something Buffy could not control.
  • Options

One more from me from Buffy, when Joyce Summers died, to lose the main characters mum was strange, added to that it was a non supernatural death(Brain Aneurysm) considering most if not all other deaths are supernatural, and obviously it was something Buffy could not control.

Buffy had a few tear jerkers I remember last time I saw it I was probably about 12. The early Buffy's were brilliant. The intro music has just come back to me it was a very cool show.
  • Options
    Mac in Green Wing, including the best funeral scene ever what Martin expressed his grief using the medium of mime.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Buffy had a few tear jerkers I remember last time I saw it I was probably about 12. The early Buffy's were brilliant. The intro music has just come back to me it was a very cool show.
    I am 23, I am not ashamed to admit I still watch it on a regular basis, my favourite TV show ever, oh and I know everything about it due to the amount of times I have watched it.
  • Options
    Who was it that was buried under the patio in Brookside and who did it? My Missus watched this religiously years ago - i can only recall Jimmy Corkhill and the lesbians...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Don't think you need to worry about spoilers when the series finished couple of moths ago. Can't walk around in a bubble until you are up to speed.

Hope no one tells me what the secret is about darth Vadar and Luke.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Don't think you need to worry about spoilers when the series finished couple of moths ago. Can't walk around in a bubble until you are up to speed.

Hope no one tells me what the secret is about darth Vadar and Luke.

I think they are Brothers
  • Options
    Renham in the IT Crowd
  • Options
    Morse.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Mod (Flanders wife) was an interesting one as something bad happened to Flanders.

Breaking bad has quite a few.

"Sherlock" bbc tv series when he jumps off the building. We are still yet to know how he is still alive. Counts as an epic death for 5minutes.

I reckon it involved a rubber ball under the arm pit and jumping into a garbage truck.

• Options
    Kenny from South Park.
  • Options
    Jack Bauers wife in 24 or Lisa Faulkners character in Spooks when had her head pushed into the boiling oil.
  • Options
    The horse in Godfather II. Arrivaderci orse
  • Options
    Jints said:

The horse in Godfather II. Arrivaderci orse

Goodbye horse Goodbye horse
  • Options

March51 said:

Morse.

Goodbye Morse, goodbye Morse.