Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lewis Collins RIP

So sad apparently after a five year battle with cancer

Comments

• Just seen this on the news Bowie. Very very sad.

Loved The Professionals and Who Dares Wins.

I met him about 20 years ago in The Crown pub in Sundridge Park as he was doing something at The Churchill theatre and staying nearby.

I was meeting my mate Bob (son of a former director of the Addicks who lived just down the road). He introduced me to 'Lou' and we had a few beers. When he went to the toilet about an hour later I said to Bob that I was sure I recognised him from somewhere.

"It's bloody Lewis Collins you twat!" was the reply. Ever so slightly embarrassing.

He hadn't once mentioned anything about acting at all, was just a really nice unassuming guy who was whiling away a few hours. We went on to have a proper session.

RIP Lewis

• awful news , RIP
  • I used to love the professionals when i was a kid and Bodie was always my favourite. Used to like The Cuckoo Waltz also. RIP Lewis Collins
  • RIP Lewis, very sad news.
  • Not many people i know remember this.

You're keeping the wrong company.
  • edited November 2013
    No I'm just an old git!
  • My old boss played golf with him in Sundays so. I assume he lived somewhere near Leatherhead. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP Lewis!
  • Bloody hell. RIP Lewis Collins.

PS I used to love Diane Keen.
  • I was only watching The Professionals the other day on ITV4 I think.
    Sad news. Remember watching it as a kid and wanting desperately to be him.
  • masicat said:

My old boss played golf with him in Sundays so. I assume he lived somewhere near Leatherhead. RIP.

Los Angeles apparently.....

• Well done Lewis for entertaining us, and being a nice bloke. RIP.
  • He was in 10 Para and transferred to TA SAS didnt make it but didnt want to retun to Paras. Didnt take himself to seriously .

RIP

• Bloody hell!

Loved The Professionals.

RIP
  • I enjoyed the Professionals too, it wasn't everyone’s cup of tea and was often unfairly compared to The Sweeney which was just coming to its end when CI5 hit the screens. It was made Brian Clements so it had that strange feel to it that many of his productions, like The Avengers did. Like a very small cast in each episode, hardly anything shot in highly populated areas and most of the location stuff filmed in disused warehouses and airfields etc. Even when they were dealing with dodgy Left or Right factions who were demonstrating, the number in the crowd was always small.

Martin Shaw regretted signing such a long contract and tried to get out of it ut couldn't. He ended up hating the show but never once let his acting skills slip; he is a fine actor as his longevity has proven. Poor Collins got a bit typecast in the hard man roll and didn't get the work that Shaw did.

Great parody The Bullsh1tters, written by and staring Keith Allen and Peter Richardson as Bonehead and Foyle; and with Robbie Coltrane as their tough Scottish boss, Jackson.
  • Sad news - I loved The Professionals as a kid and have caught the odd repeat on ITV4 recently. Shame that Martin Shaw blocked the showing of repeats for so long (he disliked the series & wanted to be known as a "serious" actor)

RIP
  • RIP

Another childhood memory

The Cuckoo Waltz, blimey Beds that must of been dragged from the deep recesses of your memory banks and yes I do remember that as well.
  • Sponsored links:

I can remember this comedy , I have not checked wiki but I think he had connections to a manchester pop group in the sixties-RIP Lewis Collins
  • I seem to remember Lewis Collins playing the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin of Sherwood - is this right? the only reason this sticks in my mind is because I'm sure Martin Shaw had a cameo in an episode as a beggar or something and Collins smirkingly refers to him as a "Professional". How we all briefly smiled.

Maybe I dreamt this?

Either way,
    RIP Lewis Collins.
  • Another falls to cancer .. RIP
  • A-R-T-H-U-R Member
    8:02PM in Not Sports Related
    Nearly bought a motorcycle off him.
    Top man, based on 20 mins of face to face chat and hours watching the Professionals.
  • edited November 2013
    Sad news, R.I.P. Mr Collins.
  • The Professionalls was part of my youth and Lewis Collins was always the one I tried to play when playing 37 or 45 at school. RIP
  • edited November 2013
    Thanks AFKA
    Sorry I'm too stupid to read all the way down the page!
    PS It was a really nice Triumph Bonneville!
  • Really sad news. Loved The Professionals when I was growing up & often sit and watch the ITV4 re-runs, even though I vividly remember every line. He & Shaw were a great pairing. I do remember The Cuckoo Waltz too.

Lovely to hear that Lewis was a very down to earth & unassuming guy too. Rest in Peace Mr Collins.
  • Shame. When I was a kid, he was the man. It appears he was a good bloke by all accounts.

RIP.
  • very sad news! RIP lewis