Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone in the City/Bank region...

A runaway bus has just slammed into the front of Bracken House on Friday Street (near Mansion House tube) right outside my window...looks like something out of a movie!!!

Comments

• Options
    was there a driver on board? people?

i dont recognise any of those streets apart from mansion house tube... and im off old broad street. so a bit further up.
  • Options
    just heard a few sirens going past.
  • Options
    Bus was empty apart from the driver - who the fire brigade are tending to now...one guy I spoke to said the bus was out of control, took out a police box in the middle of Queen Victoria St and then went round the corner and into the building to avoid other cars...Friday St is about 50 yards past Mansion House tube...
  • Options
    Friday St runs between Cannon St and Queen Victoria St.... just to the south east of St Pauls cathedral.
  • Options
    That's the one-way street, isn't it? That's a fine old building as well, Bracken House - the FT's old HQ, I think. What's the damage like?
  • Options
    (and it wasn't a bendy bus, was it? The Evening Standard will cream itself if it is.)
  • Options
    No...Double Decker....

..yep, the one way street.

Well, it's difficult to see the damage - but the fire brigade were having a problem as the bus was wedged under the very high glass canopy above the front doors.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
  • Options
    did anyone hear about the little old lady who died falling off or over on a 132 in sidcup last week? picked up the sun in mallorca and it said the bus was in blackheath. now i can understand using sidcup to cover a lot of areas but blackheath certainly isn't one of them. was it in blackfen?
    very sad anyway. poor lady, was with her daughter at the time too.
  • Options
    I read that story, horrible.

But I think the story said that the lady was from Blackheath.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2006
    ahhh that would make more sense
  • Options
    I walk down that way on my way back to Waterloo. Look forward to having a go old nose shortly.
  • Options
    Just saw it on the news, gutted as it wasnt impaled in the building as i had hoped. No one was hurt, the driver has shock!
  • Options
    I'm in Canary Wharf.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I'm in Canary Wharf.

Not doing a lot of work judging by today's posts .. :)
  • Options
    Chirpy Canary
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Riviera said:

I'm in Canary Wharf.

Not doing a lot of work judging by today's posts .. :)
    Not till May no.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I'm in Canary Wharf.

me too

• Options

Riviera said:

I'm in Canary Wharf.

me too

I thought you were in Rotherhithe?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

I'm in Canary Wharf.

Me too!
  • Options

Riviera said:

I'm in Canary Wharf.

Me too!
    Really? You female?
  • Options
    I thought I was when looking at my Hampton in the freezing cold bathroom this morning.
  • Options
    Sod it!
  • Options
    I've only been here a few weeks. Got in house cafe so don't go out much lunchtime. Did today about 12.30. So many people, bloody mad. Choice of food very poor. Can't believe there is no Pod over here, loads in the City.
  • Options
    Same here. Rarely venture out of the office. City is miles better.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I'm in Canary Wharf.

me too

I thought you were in Rotherhithe?
    no, just five mins walk from Canary Wharf station over the wobbly bridge. As said, don't think I've gone out of the office at lunchtime in nearly 18 months. Was near Spitalfields before so loads of places to eat, market twice a week etc.

• Options
    Based primarily at CW, hate the place. Much prefer the city
  • Options
    Im in the city... didnt see the crash in 2006
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I'm in Canary Wharf.

Same here !! Canada Square to be precise.