Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arcade Fire - Sat 7th June 2014 Earls Court

edited November 2013 in Not Sports Related
FYI - Arcade Fire fans

Tried to get tix for Fri 6th this morning but sold out immediately.

Anyway, an extra date has been added & I just struck lucky.

Ticketmaster of course.

Comments

• Options
    Just bought 4 - Cheers for the heads up.
  • Options
    Thanks. Thought I'd missed out. New album a bit hit and miss - not quite up to the standard of The Suburbs - but one or two tracks are brilliant.
  • Options
    Going to see them here in Edmonton next August (crazy how far in advance you have to buy tickets for these things). Are they imposing the dress code for the Earls Court gig?
  • Options
    you should phone the fire brigade atleast they will be there when it starts and can minimise the dames and risk to health
  • Options

Going to see them here in Edmonton next August (crazy how far in advance you have to buy tickets for these things). Are they imposing the dress code for the Earls Court gig?

Que ?
  • Options
    It's not compulsory but they are encouraging people to go the gigs in either fancy dress or in smart attire, at least they are in N. America.

That's a tough sell in Edmonton where to dress up smart you take your baseball cap off and put on your best hoodie.
  • Options
    Saw them at the Roundhouse on 12th November - excellent, as usual. Got tickets for Earls Court on 6th June (fan pre-sale) which will be my eighth AF concert. I think the new album is mixed but the 2nd disc is exceptional and reminiscent of Funeral, their debut album, which is my favourite. Afterlife (the penultimate track) is superb and there are two interesting and contrasting videos to accompany the song. The first is a 'live' video by Spike Jonze, prepared for the You Tube awards It's exhilarating and uplifting which is in stark contrast to the other official video. Indie movie darling Greta Gerwig participates and seems to enjoy herself, throwing some Usain Bolt type shapes and other fairly unsophisticated choreography that only adds to the charm and warmth of the video.

http://youtu.be/tBTTd0gfkn0 .

The second is the official AF video which is much more sombre and very well filmed and acted.

http://youtu.be/EcKinnMXuKg

For those reading at or near to the time of posting AF are due to be performing Afterlife on The Graham Norton Show tonight. The song, which on the album clocks in at almost six minutes, has been condensed into three minutes for the show though - presumably because most viewers have an insufficient attention span for anything longer.

By the way, at the gigs, the fancy dress code is not enforced (as a token effort I did wear a work suit embellished with a dickie bow to the Roundhouse) but it does really add to the atmosphere - take a look below at a BBC feature on their show in Blackpool a couple of nights ago if you're unsure about this. By the way the people with the large papier mache heads are the band members themselves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25134790

A truly great band - IMHO.
  • Options
    Thanks. I've seen them a few times. Last time being Hyde Park about 18 months ago I think.

I wasn't aware of The Roundhouse gig or I would have gone.

Didn't know about the dress code.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Went to the Roundhouse gig earlier this month as well! It blew me away. After that, I decided I couldn't miss Earls Court in the summer and so I've got tickets for 7th June. I can't wait for it!

Bizarrely, there was a big fuss made about the dress code and the band had to issue a statement saying it was just a bit of fun and not compulsory...
  • Options

Thanks. I've seen them a few times. Last time being Hyde Park about 18 months ago I think.

I wasn't aware of The Roundhouse gig or I would have gone.

Didn't know about the dress code.

Hi Covered End
    There were two gigs at the Roundhouse, two in Glasgow and the one featured on the BBC report, in Blackpool. These were 'secret' gigs booked under the pseudonym of 'The Reflektors' with details and ticket offers only made available to known (those subscribed to various websites) fans.
    If you Inbox me I'll let you have details. I was also at Hyde Park but not my favourite venue because of sound quality issues and curfews (as dramatically experienced with Springsteen/MacCartney.) By the way the Hyde Park concert was in June 2011 - time flies!!
    Best Wishes
    Sensei