Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yodel - Big bag of w*nk

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2014
    But what we're all wondering is... why were yodel delivering said bag of wank?

Edit: ffs, that's the last time I try and get punny with a thread title, just seen that I was the one that started this bloody discussion.

I contacted the supplier (ebuyer) through their Facebook page (which back then was littered with people moaning about Yodel anyway) and told them I won't be visiting them again. I may not order regularly from there - but I was mainly making a point, and when I do order Im generally shelling out a few hundred quid.

To be fair to them they responded quite well IIRC. I also dug out the emails for some senior bods there and sent them quite a comedic complaint that was half sarcasm/half mild insult. I got an apology and some questions which I couldn't be bothered to follow up on.

Still avoid them like the plague though, unfortunately for the poor guys that do deliver and work properly.
  • Options
    I had a Bass cab delivered last week and I stood by the window watched the APC Driver write out the card get out of the van and put it trough my letter box. I then opened the front door and he said "I rang the bell mate, must be broken."

I then explained that I had watched him through the window and he had done no such thing and he still tried to deny it and rang my own doorbell. Which, by the way is loud enough to wake the dead.
  • Options
    Vinnie V. said:

I had a Bass cab delivered last week and I stood by the window watched the APC Driver write out the card get out of the van and put it trough my letter box. I then opened the front door and he said "I rang the bell mate, must be broken."

I then explained that I had watched him through the window and he had done no such thing and he still tried to deny it and rang my own doorbell. Which, by the way is loud enough to wake the dead.

Going by that, I assume these guys get paid per delivery, inc visits where no-one is in? If so, they probably find it quicker to write out a card than to spend a minute or two rummaging in the back of their van?
  • Options
    Stop confusing old people. I am red hot at yodelling when let loose on a Swiss mountain.
  • Options
    Yodel have always been fine for me? Used them about 10 times.
  • Options
    Pay peanuts get monkeys.
  • Options
    Still waiting for My Frank Ifield CD
  • Options

Still waiting for My Frank Ifield CD

Is that the number he did with Sid Vicious, "I remember you, you f******* *****?"
  • Options
    Luckily I've no experience of Yodel....Shittilink on the other hand are reliably the worst courier I've ever experienced at work or for home
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm no expert in this market, but I suspect the companies in this market all are fighting on price even though they are in a growing market. Delivery of parcels is not a very exciting service, so it is driven mainly on price. Companies using delivery services can't generally charge a bit more for a better service as most internet shoppers will go somewhere else and buy the same goods more cheaply. I suspect, as consumers, we are getting what we unknowingly want.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Luckily I've no experience of Yodel....Shittilink on the other hand are reliably the worst courier I've ever experienced at work or for home

We used to use shittylink, got rid a year back. Now used interlink, no major problems, great text / email service to inform customers of their delivery.
  • Options
    Ordered a tv on black friday as a Christmas present for my daughter. The supermarket i ordered from used yodel for delivery. Despite repeated telephone calls and e-mails the tv was deemed lost after 11 days. The yodel website indicates that the parcel was delivered to our house. It also states the parcel was left with a neighbour and a card put through our letterbox. Neither was true. The supermarket sent an upgraded tv and we received a further £20 credit. The second tv was tracked and delivered within 24 hours through DPD - no problems. Annoying but I guess we benefited from their incompetence.
  • Options
    I've had a few parcels delivered by Yodel and I don't think they have delivered on time once.
  • Options
    Perfect time for a bit of enterprise anyone with a van and little work theres money to be made
  • Options
    Has anyone used Doddle, yet?

We have one at Upminster station. You get parcels delivered there and pick them up on the way home.

Can't see it working.
  • Options
    "Yodel - Big bag of w*nk"

Let's see him play first before we criticise him ...
  • Options
    Going off topic slightly, back in 1962, a bloke called Fred Smith wrote a paper for an economics class on the concept of an overnight delivery service. The story goes that the paper was not well-received and his professor told him that, in order for him to get a "C", the concept had to be feasible.

He went on to found FedEx, is now worth $3.5 billion and pays himself $13.7mn a year.

Somehow, he also managed to fit in two tours of duty in Vietnam and flew over 200 combat missions earning two purple hearts in the process!

PS, yes, Yodel are w*ank.