Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks - Charlton v Ipswich

Comments

• Options
    Alnwick 7
    Wilson 6
    Morrison 6
    Dervite 6
    Wiggins 6
    Stewart 6
    Cousins 7.5 (MoM)
    Stephens 5
    Jackson 5
    Kermorgant 5
    Church 6
  • Options
    Alnwick 7 great stop early on
    Wilson 5 two poor games this week
    Morrison 6.5
    Dervite 6
    Wiggins 5
    Stewart 5
    Cousins 7.5 don't think he did anything wrong in 90 minutes
    Stephens 6.5
    Jackson 6
    Kermorgant 5
    Church 6
  • Options
    tewart 1. Sorry, just don't know why he is in the team. Has he actually beat any full-backs this season ?

ridiculous mark. Was double marked and thought he played excellent tues.
    He might have got a 10 from you on Tuesday, but that was 4 days ago. The marks are for today.
    I ask again, has he actually taken on and beaten a full back this season because I haven't seen it.

to me Stewarts decision making is terrible, other than one special moment he I a total waste of space. half the player of Scott Wagstaff

• Options
    Alnwick - 7 some really good saves early in the match. looked a competent stand in for Hamer
    Wilson -5 Struggled all game.
    Morrison - 6 A few mistakes but o.k.
    Devite - 6.5 A few good passes along the ground
    Wiggins. - 5.5 As Wilson but did hit the bar in the first half.
    Stewart 5 - A few runs poor end result.
    Cousins - 6 Reasonable game for a young player. Looks to have a good future.
    Stephens - 6 - Tried hard to make an impact - not his best game of the season.
    Jackson - 5 - Not a good day for Jacko. Maybe 3 games in a week is one to many.
    Kermorgant - 5 Always a handful for defenders with his heading ability but we need goals.
    Church - 5 Always running, totally committed but never looked like scoring.
    Green - 6 Made a bit of difference when he came on as sub.
    Pigot - 6 as Green.

C.P. - 5 Disappointing first half watching long balls punted forward to Church and Kermo who never looked like getting the better of the Ipswich defenders.
    Second half better when Green replaced Jackson.

• Options
    alnwick 7 - looked confident, just a bit of weak distribution
    Wilson 4.5 - kept trying but struggling
    Morrison 5.5 - lost the player for the goal (I think)
    Dervite 7 - thought he was good today
    Wiggins 7 - funny how people see it differently, I thought if we were going to score it was going to come through him
    Stewart 3 - waste of space AGAIN
    Cousins 6.5 - not his best game but what a player
    Stephens 6 - in and out today
    Jackson 5 - struggled today
    Kermorgant 5.5 -struggled today
    Church 5.5 - his backing in on defenders was a bit embarrassing at times today, amazing he didn't get booked. Didn't look like him and Kermy had ever seen each other before

thought both Piggot and Green did reasonably well when they came on
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Jackson 5 - not a winger. Captain fantastic but if you can't fit him in at cm, have the balls to leave him out

Most insightful comment of the day
  • Options

alnwick 8
    Wilson 6.5
    Morrison 5.5
    Devite 6
    Wiggins 6
    Stewart 6
    Cousins 8
    Stephens 6
    Jackson 6
    Kermorgant 6
    Church 6

• Options
    alnwick - 7
    Wilson - 5
    Morrison - 5
    Devite - 6
    Wiggins - 4
    Stewart - 5
    Cousins - 6
    Stephens - 6
    Jackson - 5
    Kermorgant - 6
    Church - 7
  • Options
    Alnwick 8
    Wilson 6.5
    Morrison 6.5
    Devite 5
    Wiggins 6.5
    Stewart 6.5
    Cousins 7
    Stephens 6
    Jackson 5
    Kermorgant 5
    Church 6
  • Options
    Alnwick - 7
    Wilson - 4
    Morrison 5
    Devite 6
    Wiggins 5
    Stewart 7
    Cousins 7
    Stephens 6
    Jackson 5
    Kermorgant 6
    Church 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cousins 4, looked clueless and disinterested...seriously?? *shakes head*
  • Options
    Alnwick - 9 Brilliant saves at the start of the game and great handling thereafter.
    Wilson - 6 Plugged away and defended ok.
    Morrison- 5.5 Needed to take command in the first 5 mins. Untroubled thereafter. Didn't even make contact with a very decent headed chance late on.
    Dervite - 5.5 Ditto. Looked better when he brought the ball out
    Wiggins - 6 May not have got too many crosses in but his defending was ok.
    Stewart - 5 Unlike Tuesday, he was double marked. Ipswich paid him a lot more attention than Doncaster. Still looked our most likely goal-threat.
    Cousins - 6 Tried to move the ball out to the wings quickly and got his tackles in.
    Stephens - 5.5 Well marked and couldn't get going. MIssed the best chance of the game when he headed wide in 1st half.
    Jackson - 5.5 Short of confidence? In the 2nd half, the old Jackson would have brought the ball down and cracked off a shot rather than head back across goal. One magnificent 2nd half cross.
    Kermorgant - 5 For such a powerful header of a ball he rarely attacks crosses. Does a lot of good work outside the box but doesn't appear to bust a gut to get on the end of things.
    Church - 5 Never in it. The long ball stuff doesn't suit him.

Pigott - Showed some decent touches early on.
  • Options
    As I usually do, I have left it for a day before putting up my scores. This allows me to consider what I want to say without any emotion creeping in. I think others should perhaps do it, as some of the scores I have seen are unbelievable. A case in point is Ben Alnwick. So much so, that an opposition goalkeeper, like Schmeical earlier in the season, can receive credit for a stunning save, where as one of our own can produce an equally stunning save, and receive no credit at all.

Rant over, so now my scored.

Alnwick - 9 MOTM. A truly fantastic double save in the opening minutes. Confident, with great handling. But, heigh-ho, perhaps I should mark him down to 6 as he didn't score a hat trick. Is 2 games a record for a player to become "charltonized'?

Wilson - 5 I thought that he did well defensively. However, poor going forward, and his distribution was poor. Not only his passing, but his choice of passes.

Morrison - 5.5 Some have criticised Dervite's passing. If you want to see a centre back with poor distribution, watch Morro. He has one pass, which if anyone else did it would e called a "hoof". Saying, he in the main defended well, which is, after all, his job.

Dervite - 7 Looked our most cultured defender. Comfortable on the ball and, I'm the main, his passes are to feet.

Wiggins - 5.5 Showed plenty of attacking intent, but was caught out defensively a few times, especially in the opening 15 minute blitz by Ipswich.

Stewart - 5.5 What did he actually do that badly? His 1st touch was sublime, and his passing was fairly reliable. A question for those scoring him 1s and
    2s. Would you have scored him that badly if he had rounded the keeper in added on time, and buried the ball in the back of the net? Or is it his fault that the referee screwed up and didn't play a perfectly good advantage?

Cousins - 7 Again, what did he do wrong? I saw him chase back and cover his right back, and out muscle his opponent. I can't remember him hitting a single bad pass, of get knocked off the ball. In a shot shy side, he is the only player who I remember shooting twice! OK, neither were on target, but at least he damn TRIED! (I find it incredibly sad that a young man who has shown great loyalty, and was recently voted the best young player in all 72 league clubs, has been so totally "charltonized'. No doubt if he reads CL, he is looking forward to January, when he can put in a transfer request, go to somewhere he is appreciated, and get away from such poisonous supporters.

Stephens - 6 I thought he was very ineffective in the first half. An improved 2nd half, but he didn't play badly. Just he didn't reach his high standards that he. set in his last few games.

Jackson - 4 Warning! CP criticism alert. Last season CP said that Jacko would never play wide left again, as he didn't have the legs for it. So what position is now playing in? I cannot remember a game where Jackson had so little impact. Perhaps 3 games in 8 days is too much for him, coming so soon after him recovering from injury. Is it time to think about the unthinkable, and "rest" Jacko for the Reading game?

Kermogant - 5 No one is more aware of Yann's talents than me, but the man love for him is now getting silly. Yes, he won a lot of headers, but how many of his flicks actually went anywhere near a Charlton player? Perhaps it is everybody else's fault for not being psychic? Yann is the best header of the ball at the club, but why is he not in the box more? I know that, on the whole, our crossing is poor, but surely if Green, Jackson, Wilson or anyone else actually hit a good one, they deserve him to be in the box to be on the end of it, rather than on the wing, or filling in in midfield.

Church - 6 For the 2nd time in a week, I can't understand why he was substituted when he seemed still strong and full of running. No chances, but he gets an extra half point for being a consistent pest to the defenders.
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever seen opinions differing so widely over a 90 minute match on here before! Although it appears everyone agrees Stewart was poor and Jackson is off the pace.
  • Options
    Alnwick 7
    Wilson 6.5
    Morrison 6
    Devite 6
    Wiggins 6
    Stewart 6
    Cousins 6.5
    Stephens 6.5
    Jackson 6.5
    Kermorgant 6.5
    Church 6
  • Options
    ESL. As one of those who marked Stewart as 2, I explained my reasoning and stick by it. Your 'what if' question is absurd. He didn't round the keeper and score so bringing up pointless hypotheticals doesn't advance your argument. The marks for most players varied widely and he is no exception.
    ps I like your claim that 'no one is more aware of Yann's talent than me'. No one??? Are you sure? No one at all??? Not a personal attack as I agree with most of your other comments, especially about Yann. :-)
  • Options
    Alnwick 7
    Wilson 5.5
    Dervite 5.5
    Morrison 5.5
    Wiggins 5.5
    Stewart 5.5
    Cousins 6
    Stephens 6
    Jackson 5.5
    Church 5.5
    Kermorgant 5.5
  • Options
    alnwick - 6
    Wilson - 4
    Morrison - 6
    Dervite - 5
    Wiggins - 6
    Stewart - 5
    Cousins - 6
    Stephens - 7
    Jackson - 6
    Kermorgant - 7
    Church - 6
  • Options
    For what it's worth.

alnwick - 7. Did what he could well, definitely a rival for Hamer.
    Wilson - 5.5 lacked quality but not commitment.
    Morrison - 5.5 not as good as usual but not awful
    Devite - 6 I thought he played ok, his distribution was poor but his defending was quite good
    Wiggins - 6 Same as Wilson
    Stewart - 4.5 Reminded me of Kerkar. He is absolutely awful defensively and I think in a strong wind he could be blown over
    Cousins - 7 Class
    Stephens - 6 my opinion of him has turned from completely negative to optimistic
    Jackson - 5.5 played ok, but just not got the speed for the left.
    Kermorgant - 6.5 Some people just don't understand how much more quality possession we have when he is in the team.
    Church - 5 Seemed to do his usual run like a loony thing most of the time, but strangely not when it looked like he genuinely had a chance to get the ball...

Green seemed like he was adding something, He did more in the time he was on than Stewart did all game. He at least offers a threat.
  • Options
    Alnwick 7 Made some great saves. It's a shame the defence didn't perform as well.

Wlison 4 Lacklustre performance. Played a lot of sloppy passes and didn't play well

Morrison 6 Not good, Not bad.

Dervite 5.5 Played an ok match. Played well in defence but had some bad moments.

Wiggins 6 Looked lively and tried to make something happen.

Stewart 4.5 Was a bit lazy and at points didn't seem up for it.

Cousins 7 Class as always. Shame he couldn't link up with Stephens.

Stephens 5.5 Made some good passes but at times didn't look committed and didn't link up with Cousins as he usually does.

Jackson 5.5 Played ok but he was played out of position. Hasn't got the legs to play LW.

Yann 6.5 This guy is amazing, one of the few players who looked like making something happen.

Church 5.5 Played ok and I was a bit surprised when he came off because he looked like he could make something happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alnwick - 6.5 some good saves at the start, but some very poor distribution.
    Wilson - 4 nothing went right for him yesterday
    Morrison - 5 undone several times at the back. Felt we were 2nd best at every one of their set pieces
    Devite - 4 as Morro, but point less for the "Hollywood" balls that weren't ever working
    Wiggins - 5 extra point for the one decent shot on target
    Stewart - 5 like a few others, a big drop from Tuesday. Needs to run off Kermorgant, not too him, if he's going to feed off his flicks
    Cousins - 5 a little headless a few times, chasing his shadow. Know he's better, but the two shots were very poor and very wide.
    Stephens - 7 tried hard, a few slack passes, but at heart of what little good play we had. Amazing overhead pass to Wiggins.
    Jackson - 4.5 game really did pass him by yesterday. Looked like he knew it when he dropped onto the bench after being subbed.
    Kermorgant - 5 not as dominant in the air as usual, but unsurprising against a big team of McCarthy's making. seemed to keep trying a "delicate" flick on in the first half that failed every time.
    Church - 6 as usual, a lot of energy, but no end product this time.

A poor game, after the high energy pressing against Doncaster. No surprise that McCarthy's team are big strong units & we just weren't able to be competitive for any sustained period against them.
  • Options
    Alnwick - 8 only one of our players who has a decent game.
    Wilson - 5 poor expected him to be subbed earlier.
    Morrison - 6 seen him play much better
    Devite - 6 As Morro
    Wiggins - 7 Unlucky not to score, thought he played better than rest of back 4.
    Stewart - 5 Not the same player as Tuesday.
    Cousins - 7 Another decent shift.
    Stephens - 6.5 As on Tuesday, took a knock early on in mid-air, not as good as last game, but still class!
    Jackson - 6 Sadly needs a rest.
    Kermorgant - 6.5 At least he wins the ball in the air.
    Church - 5 As I always say we need more than a runner. To me brings nothing to the team, give someone else a chance!

Pigott n/a - At least he won some balls in the air unlike Church.
    Green n/a - Good throw ins and offered more than Steward.
    Sordell n/a - Please give this guy 90 minutes, otherwise what is the point of signing him, albeit on loan!
  • Options
    alnwick 7 No errors done well.
    Wilson. 5
    Morrison 6
    Devite 5 like to see Woods back
    Wiggins 5
    Stewart. 6 not his best but a good player
    Cousins 7
    Stephens 5 poor distribution
    Jackson 4 what did he bring?Kermorgant. 4
    Church 6
  • Options

Alnwick 8 I have been impressed with his first two games,much better than Button or Sullivan
    Wilson 6 Not his best game
    Morrison 5 Felt he is starting to look limited
    Dervite 6 Good distribution felt he was better than Morro
    Wiggins 6 Better going forward but also didn't look assured at times defensively
    Stewart 5 Disappointing after Tuesday
    Cousins 7 The best of our midfielders
    Stephens 6 Had some moments of promise
    Jackson 6 can't play LM at this level
    Kermorgant 6 He does make us look dangerous,maybe he tired towards the end
    Church 6 Busy as always,he will have a point to prove Tuesday
  • Options
    Alnwick - 6.5 good saves at the start some very poor distribution.
    Wilson - 4 nothing he tried worked really
    Morrison - 4 not the usual commanding player
    Devite - 4 see morro
    Wiggins - 4 didnt offer much
    Stewart - 4 not enough
    Cousins - 4.5 tried a bit more it seemed than my 4 scores
    Stephens -6 only bit of class on the pitch again....needed those around him to connect
    Jackson -4 really sorry but rubbish.... no legs
    Kermorgant - 5 tried hard but the set up was poor from SCP
    Church - 5.5 great energy as usual, subbed! oh dear not a good idea SCP no disrespect to piggadaboss but please!

why bring sordell on with 5 to go?? we were not going to score after 50 mins!! SCP you bring doubt on yourself with changes like that. would rather take off an in effective wiggins/stewart/jakko and bring him on for 30-40 mins it was so obvious huff and puff would not work!

• Options
    Alnwick 8 MOM, really impressed. Distribution was hit and miss at times but he tried to get us moving quickly and made some fine saves.
    Wilson 4 Poor, crossing at times was woeful.
    Morrison 6.5 Recovered from a shaky start, perhaps should have done better with a couple of attacking headers.
    Dervite 6 Did ok.
    Wiggins 6.5 Unlucky not to score, early in the second half, he was bombing up and down the wing without any real support, final ball was not great.
    Stewart 5 Poor after a good show on Tuesday, their LB had him in his pocket and he can be very selfish.
    Cousins 7 Oozes class, not at his best but still our best outfield player.
    Stephens 6 He is such a better player with Stephens alongside him, also has a lot of class about him and starting to show the form we saw when he first signed.
    Jackson 5 Poor but his standards, not good enough for LM in this division.
    Kermorgant 6 Not at his best, didn't get the service though.
    Church 6 Worked hard again, personally wouldn't have taken him off.

Piggott 6 Did ok.
    Green 4.5 Not good enough for a mid-table L1 side and not good enough for us, a couple of average deliveries that didn't beat the first or second man and one shocking foul throw.
    Sordell 5 Too late to make an impact, Powell clearly does not rate the guy and think we need to get him back to Bolton asap.
  • Options
    It's so interesting how ratings differ. All at the same game, yet people perceive different things. Love it!
  • Options
    Interestingly enough. I was listening to the Ipswich commentary on Player and Mick Mills thought Wiggins was our best player. He also felt we were the better team and that we were putting them under pressure, especially in the second half.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Interestingly enough. I was listening to the Ipswich commentary on Player and Mick Mills thought Wiggins was our best player. He also felt we were the better team and that we were putting them under pressure, especially in the second half.

Understandable he kept passing to a blue shirt, mind you apart from Cousins so did the rest of them :-(
  • Options
    Alnwick 7
    Wilson 5
    Morrison 6
    Devite 7.5
    Wiggins 5.5
    Stewart 4.5
    Cousins 6
    Stephens 6.5
    Jackson 5
    Kermorgant 6
    Church 5.5