Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Just seen on Into the Valley

"The guy is an average / poor manager.

A few indisputable facts about Powell's management:

1. He played Pritchard on the right this season, having released Wagstaff & ignored Green and Harriott.

2. He signed Sordell.

3. His team cannot thread a pass, create a passing movement, or string a passage of play together. Tell me when ? I have missed two games this season.

4. As soon as we go behind, we resort to hoof ball. Today - Dervite hitting 80 yard passes straight through to Gerkan in the Town goal !

5. Players are going backwards under Powell's coaching. Are Wiggins, Morrison, Hamer or Stephens better footballers ?

6. Milking the crowd, manipulating the media for his own purposes. The lap dog on the tannoy must have announced six times today that Powell is attending the Back to the Valley dinner tomorrow. So what ??? Coach our team.

7. A bland excuse monger. Never hits the nail on the head post match. Never comes out and says we are crap. It's always the ref or the best performance from the other side in 20 years. Deluded. Shades of Pardew.

8. Surrounded by Yes Men who bring nothing to the table, Damien Matthew aside.

just started to feel today that a touch of the Pardew's have settled in and maybe another very average manager is rather cynically taking this Club for a ride."

S**t for brains springs to mind.

Comments

• Absolute bunch of clueless idiots. There is a reason why they have about 5 regular members.

50% of their threads are about how much they want Powell out. The other 50% are slagging off Charlton Life.

Very insecure.
  • Not even worth responding to each point individually. What planet is this person on?
  • Can we not have another thread criticising ITV. It just fuels the animosity, they have their views on Powell and the majority of posters on here have the opposite view. It's all about opinions.
  • "The guy is an average / poor manager.

1. He played Pritchard on the right this season, having released Wagstaff & ignored Green and Harriott.

2. He signed Sordell.

3. His team cannot thread a pass, create a passing movement, or string a passage of play together. Tell me when ? I have missed two games this season.

4. As soon as we go behind, we resort to hoof ball. Today - Dervite hitting 80 yard passes straight through to Gerkan in the Town goal !

5. Players are going backwards under Powell's coaching. Are Wiggins, Morrison, Hamer or Stephens better footballers ?

6. Milking the crowd, manipulating the media for his own purposes. The lap dog on the tannoy must have announced six times today that Powell is attending the Back to the Valley dinner tomorrow. So what ??? Coach our team.

7. A bland excuse monger. Never hits the nail on the head post match. Never comes out and says we are crap. It's always the ref or the best performance from the other side in 20 years. Deluded. Shades of Pardew.

just started to feel today that a touch of the Pardew's have settled in and maybe another very average manager is rather cynically taking this Club for a ride."

He makes some good points - instead of having a go, answer his points with your own
  • No definitely not, do you think it was his fault that he had to release 8 players in the summer and was only able to bring in 4 free players? pritchard changed the team's season around last year stephens, hamer and Morrison (now that he has Richard Wood) are all playing really well!! He has done incredibly well to restrain himself from balming the ref, could you imagine how calm Mourinho would have been if that reff had reffed a chelsea game like he did to us in that leeds game? His long ball tactics before the brake were perfectly justified before the break since they were playing with a very high line and he dropped it after the break when they sat back. You can not blame all the players mistakes on the manager. Green is either great or poor and has been poor recently while I strongly suspect knowing Hariott's personality he is having attitude problems at the moment. I dont know how you can compare Powell to Pardew he loves and cares about the club, under another manger we would be back in league one. Give him 4 years so that the academy graduates can grow and we will be back in the Premier league. Have faith in powell, its more than just a football club
  • cafctom said:

Absolute bunch of clueless idiots. There is a reason why they have about 5 regular members.

50% of their threads are about how much they want Powell out. The other 50% are slagging off Charlton Life.

Very insecure.

How can you slag off a whole forum based on one persons opinion - you need a re-think
  • DMCDMC
    edited November 2013

2. He signed Sordell.

He makes some good points - instead of having a go, answer his points with your own
    ok here are some. No definitely not, do you think it was his fault that he had to release 8 players in the summer and was only able to bring in 4 free players? pritchard changed the team's season around last year stephens, hamer and Morrison (now that he has Richard Wood) are all playing really well!! He has done incredibly well to restrain himself from balming the ref, could you imagine how calm Mourinho would have been if that reff had reffed a chelsea game like he did to us in that leeds game? His long ball tactics before the brake were perfectly justified before the break since they were playing with a very high line and he dropped it after the break when they sat back. You can not blame all the players mistakes on the manager. Green is either great or poor and has been poor recently while I strongly suspect knowing Hariott's personality he is having attitude problems at the moment. I dont know how you can compare Powell to Pardew he loves and cares about the club, under another manger we would be back in league one. Give him 4 years so that the academy graduates can grow and we will be back in the Premier league. Have faith in powell, its more than just a football club.
    Oh and Obika isnt any better than sordell and Powell nearly turned him into a hero!

• He makes some good points - instead of having a go, answer his points with your own

I'm not going to go through each point individually, but even just looking at the first two points you can see that he's talking crap.

1) Harriot plays on the left and is there any evidence that Green or Wagstaff are better than Pritchard? This ultimately comes down to budget and if he had any money to spend I'm sure he would have been able to bring someone half decent in.

2) Took a gamble on Sordell, i'm sure like most fans you were pleased when he first arrived, hasn't worked out so he will probably return in January. For a club with no budget he certainly seemed to be a decent addition in the summer.
  • dickplumb said:

Can we not have another thread criticising ITV. It just fuels the animosity, they have their views on Powell and the majority of posters on here have the opposite view. It's all about opinions.

Well said Dick. Really no need for it and I'm sure the mods could do without it too.
  • I don't want to start slagging other Charlton fans off , everyones entitled to their opinion , unfortunately i do not agree with most of those , todays performance was very poor , but some of those comments are a bit near the mark , not very supportive and maybe they'd be happier watching Arsenal (probably not for the last 8 years).

I guess when things go right players are overpraised and when things don't go right they are slagged off big time , you need a middle ground , and at least be objective with your critiscism , its hardly like we had a bunch of world beaters on the bench , today was an off day , we hope for better.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Can we not have another thread criticising ITV. It just fuels the animosity, they have their views on Powell and the majority of posters on here have the opposite view. It's all about opinions.

Well said Dick. Really no need for it and I'm sure the mods could do without it too.
    Apologies, was not really meant as a criticism of the forum of a whole, more about that one mindless poster!
  • if you want to talk about there go on there me I cant be arsed with the fightng
  • cafctom said:

Absolute bunch of clueless idiots. There is a reason why they have about 5 regular members.

Very insecure.

It's called a clique, cafctom....

:-)

• RobRob
    edited November 2013
    I do think certain people are unnecessarily anti CP on that site which then comes over as anti Charlton. Why would any concerned Charlton fan want to listen to that negativity over and over and over. Valid points maybe but the way they are put over and just the incessant nature of it has been way over the top for too long in my opinion. I believe that is why their membership is low.

I've never been able to understand the vitriol aimed at Chris Powell on that site. Maybe I'm missing something.
  • dickplumb said:

Apologies, was not really meant as a criticism of the forum of a whole, more about that one mindless poster!
    As was my point at the point - fair play to you for accepting some views
  • DMC said:

2. He signed Sordell.

ok here are some. No definitely not, do you think it was his fault that he had to release 8 players in the summer and was only able to bring in 4 free players? pritchard changed the team's season around last year stephens, hamer and Morrison (now that he has Richard Wood) are all playing really well!! He has done incredibly well to restrain himself from balming the ref, could you imagine how calm Mourinho would have been if that reff had reffed a chelsea game like he did to us in that leeds game? His long ball tactics before the brake were perfectly justified before the break since they were playing with a very high line and he dropped it after the break when they sat back. You can not blame all the players mistakes on the manager. Green is either great or poor and has been poor recently while I strongly suspect knowing Hariott's personality he is having attitude problems at the moment. I dont know how you can compare Powell to Pardew he loves and cares about the club, under another manger we would be back in league one. Give him 4 years so that the academy graduates can grow and we will be back in the Premier league. Have faith in powell, its more than just a football club.
    Oh and Obika isnt any better than sordell and Powell nearly turned him into a hero!
    Fair play - you make some good points
  • cafctom said:

Very insecure.

People in glass houses......
  • cafctom said:

Very insecure.

Grow tomatoes, or plums?
  • edited November 2013
    !
  • dickplumb said:

I thought admin had asked that inter board spats were avoided. We have enough arguments on here without having to go on ITV for one.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

No need to apologise, just think now's not the time for another ITV v CL spat is all.
  • if what I heard is true ref the behaviour of reams to Rothko is true then there is a serious issue as that is a cowardly and bullying

as grown men that's not the things that men do
  • I like DMC's points, spot on imo. Anyone wanting Powell out needs to wake up a bit, with absolutely no dosh, threadbare squad, goings on @ board level, i cant see who the original poster would like to come in and do a better job than Powell?

Who would want this job now? Will they actually care about Charlton Athletic like Powell does? Is there any money to get this saviour? Come on dudes quit moaning get behind what we have available, a mid to bottom Champ side, but with players who do give a shit (unlike Pardews barstard side) and can go out and bag good results against sides who have more resources than us.
  • cafctom said:

Very insecure.

How can you slag off a whole forum based on one persons opinion - you need a re-think
    Are you being ironic?
  • cafctom said:

Very insecure.

Never been accused of that before, tom ! I should be so lucky...

Just ask Henry .

• Love the fact the ITV lot come on here on this thread backing each other pretending to be CL peeps!

The site is embarrassing. Come on Reams, come and stalk me on Facebook,

If that is aimed at me I am not an ITV lot. I post on that forum occasionally as I do on this forum, Charlton Observer and Not606. There are interesting points raised on all these forums and I don't feel the need to pigeon hole myself as a CL person or an ITV bod. I am a Charlton fan as are the posters on all the other forums. Reams is more Covered end while I am East Stand.
  • dickplumb said:

Love the fact the ITV lot come on here on this thread backing each other pretending to be CL peeps!

The site is embarrassing. Come on Reams, come and stalk me on Facebook,

If that is aimed at me I am not an ITV lot. I post on that forum occasionally as I do on this forum, Charlton Observer and Not606. There are interesting points raised on all these forums and I don't feel the need to pigeon hole myself as a CL person or an ITV bod. I am a Charlton fan as are the posters on all the other forums. Reams is more Covered end while I am East Stand.
    Agree with dick, to a certain extent. People can post wherever they like, it doesn't mean you have to be exclusively one thing or another. People need to get their heads around that simple fact.
  • edited November 2013
    Over-reaction, in my view. They came out of the traps quicker than us today. Alnwick almost saved us in those first bad 4 mins but the centre half scored. Then a wise manager, who might well have kept Wolves playing at a higher standard, organised a limited side well to go home with 3 points. It's a tight, IMHO unexciting division, where there is not much that divides teams. If we had nicked a goal it would have been a different story.
  • Having said that, only one of the points made is an "indisputable fact", but I doubt the fella has a clue which one it is!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!