Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Feature: Reactions

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2013
  • Options

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think it takes a lot of page views for adverts to generate revenue.

So page views do generate revenue? I didn't know that! I'll add this site to the whitelist on my home computer then. I don’t mind a few ads between posts at all as long as they can reduce the costs of running this great site.
  • Options
    Was about to post asking if anyone knew how to get rid of these pesky new ads. Glad I didn't or I would have had egg on my face. Carry on chaps.
  • Options
    I'm not 'appy !
    on the Statbank thread I already have 5 flags which I guess is because the flag symbol is near the pdf symbol which is very symbolic of something, can you change the flags around so that I don't get too depressed.
    as for the ads I don't notice them on google so don't here either and if it helps pay for the site all well and good
  • Options
    Sorry Lancs, five flags and you're banned I'm afraid
  • Options
    *$%£** it
  • Options
    And that's another warning !

We'll look into the flag thing when we get the chance
  • Options
    no problem, see how many flags I can accumulate :)
  • Options
    We'll change your name to Semaphore Lad :-)
  • Options
    Sorry LL, I went to see who'd flagged you and might have added another. I didn't think the states were that bad : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sorry LL, I went to see who'd flagged you and might have added another. I didn't think the states were that bad : - )

You've done it now Henry, this site will go into meltdown! I didn't think you was going to let on that you'd been out to meet our new owners :0)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

You've done it now Henry, this site will go into meltdown! I didn't think you was going to let on that you'd been out to meet our new owners :0)
    No comment

: - )
  • Options
    Er I just noticed you cant flag a moderator's post!!
  • Options
    Ive got 3 abuses already. Bastards! and I note you can only see it when on a PC, you cant see it on the phone.
  • Options
    Have another one for bad language :0)
  • Options
    Also... if you go back to page 1 of this thread to my first post on this thread, it is buried by an advert!! You have to click on it to actually see my post! Is this because six of you b'stards gave me an abuse flag and so it got buried... or was it pure chance?

• Options
    That's interesting Curb It, we'll look into that, ta
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    keep them coming,
  • Options
    You funny guys!!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

What advertising?

Nothing to worry about, take a break from the site and just go put the kettle on when one appears like you would with the telly :0)
    I've been recording threads to watch later and just fast forwarding through the ads

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just noticed I can hide other peoples post an all! Swell
  • Options
    I think those ads are perfectly acceptable given what CL provides. They're really not that intrusive, although I am always freaked out by the relationship between the ad and what's being discussed. It's a bit eerie.

I'd also be happy to pay a subscription to the site, for what it's worth.
  • Options
    No brainer. I'd rather pay an annual fee than be cyber-stalked by google.
    JIM.jpg 454.4K
  • Options
    @shag you effing stalker stop liking all my posts!
  • Options
    Har but i see you're on a minus point! I wonder how...
  • Options
    I've got 3 Abuse flags!
  • Options
    Only three ???? ;-)
  • Options
    Yeah but two from my Troll so they dont count.
  • Options

Dear Admin

Belatedly reading this discussion, on the subject of the membership paying a subscription, there's surely no issue as far as many on here are concerned. If there is the chance to give financial support to keep this magnificent facility at our disposal, the only question is - why is it taking you so long ? This isn't intended to be a charity.

I think if you set a minimum, with the opportunity to pay more if so inclined, that would be fine. It wouldn't bother me if the payments were voluntary - if some on here want to freeload that's up to them, and I don't think it's realistic to expect other teams' fans to pay. We definitely gain by having Johnboy, Piggy, Super Horns and the Udders guy (amongst others) on here - they always give value and it contributes to the wonderful diversity of the site. Who will ever forget Witton Albion vs Northwich Victoria ?

Personally the intrusion of the ads doesn't offend me - it's just par for the course these days, and if it brings in some hard-earned all well and good. If ads are good enough for the BBC surely they're good enough for us.
  • Options
    I gave £10 to Wikipedia the other day as I use that site a lot. I use this site more though and would gladly give £11.