Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

twig tree or christmas tree

Me and the Mrs are having a barnie I say Christmas she says Twig.

Comments

• Christmas
  • Could you not have both?
  • Just carried a 7ft Christmas tree home on my shoulder 2 miles from B&Q so I say twig !!
  • Could you not have both?

We are she is having the twig in front room and I'm havin Christmas in dining room, and that's where I'm staying for the whole month. Nothing I like more than a Christmas tree with lights down low with a nice glass or red or port in my hand.
  • Has to be a real tree all day long imo. Nothing like that smell when you get in the door after work.
  • Metal pole.. Merry festivus..
  • vffvff
    edited December 2013
    Christmas Tree, with a pine tree you will be picking out pine needles out of your feet for the next 6 months, even with non drop. Pine trees don't do well with central heating. A good quality Christmas Tree will last for years and save money in the long run. Kind of nice getting the same tree out with all the memories attached as well.

Twig trees look kind of sparse and spartan so full christmas tree.
  • edited December 2013
    Nobles & Nordman are best for needle retention , Nobles are the nuts , but very expensive, normally best to buy British grown, as they are cut later and therefore fresher.

Cut an inch off the bottom of the tree stump before you bring it into the house , don't put it next to a radiator or fireplace otherwise the needles will dry out and fall off, make sure the stand you put the tree into is topped up with water as they drink about a pint of water in the first few days.

Weekend of the 7th & 8th will be mental so buy earlier if you can , better selection of trees on Saturdays rather than Sunday.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2013
    I dont like these modern takes on Christmas trees. Fake pine or real one for me.
    We get ours from Barnet Wood Rd, Bromley. They have a good choice, good quality and a fair price.
    I water them to keep the needle drop to a minimum. It doesn't bother me if a few needles come off the tree over the course of a few weeks, easy enough to sweep up off my floor.
  • Twig tree?? Do me a flavour.
  • That's what I said.
  • Christmas tree.
  • Normally get a potted real tree, they never drop needles but having picked these 2 up on Friday, don't think a tree would last 5 minutes this year.

• Pussy for Christmas how very nice.
  • Just been to get my phone charger and the little feckas have done this to it.

• Tree. No themes with single colour schemes please. Just as tacky as possible loaded with plenty of decorations, multi-coloured lights, chocolate money, fairy or bells on top. And Poundland lametta is essential (Is that the only place you can buy it now? RIP Woolworths).
  • Why do the fairy lights work fine when I put them away and not, when I get them out. Spent a couple of hours sorting the **********s out yesterday!!