Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ruxley Santa Grotto

If you have kids worth going. Took my little boy and he loved it.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Apparently it's all sold out now.
  • Ok next year ;-)
  • We were there this afternoon. One of mine loved it, the other just wanted to escape so wasn't easy but glad we did it. Thought it was well done and Father Christmas was a good bloke even if he did tell me off for clapping at the wrong point :-)
  • Enjoy it done it with all my 3, they are now 16,14,12, we still put a photo up each year of them when they went to santa's grotto,now presents go under the tree before xmas eve, never stop believing ;-)
  • Having kids makes Christmas magical again IMO. Gonna love leaving a carrot out for the reindeer and the mince pie for Santa. The look on their faces when the living room door opens is the best bit.
  • edited December 2013
    Usually do it but didn't book in time this year. Went to the Kent & E sussex steam railway, Santa special at tenterden today which was very good.
  • Have been for the past 3 years and it is brilliant.
    It has sold out this year, already. and understandably so.
    But, we didn't book early enough this year.

It is worth a walk around Ruxley garden center this time of year, even if not going to the grotto.
    They really do make a fantastic effort dispalying the decorations that are being sold, coupled with the ice rink and reindeer, it's a good afternoon out.

We had a walk round yesterday and the roast dinner there was quite nice, too :)
  • The place must be taking a fortune, what with the ice rink, grotto and new cafe. Was rammed there yesterday.

Good luck to them, they seem to always be trying new things there. With the kiddy play bit we go every couple of weeks
  • Had a very sad conversation with my 8 year-old today on the walk home from the shops.

He is a very bright kid (you would expect no less...:)) and he suddenly came out with, "Dad, we were all talking (meaning his school pals) at lunchtime and most of us agreed that Santa Claus is not real, its just totally unrealistic."

His seven year old brother then chips on, "How can you say that? Santa brings you presents every year."

I did my best for the "Santa Lives" cause - not least because I believed in him till I was about 14!!!