Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reykjavik

I'm off to Reykjavic this weekend for 3 nights. The Northern Lights and Whale Watching are part of our plans whilst we're there.

Just wondereed if anyone has ever been? Looking for restaurant reccomendations, sights worth seeing etc!

Thanks

Comments

• Yeah I've been but was a few years ago now . Great place though , not that big . The blue lagoon place was good , deffo worth a visit . Try the puffin !
  • I went in 2004. Me and wifey had a KFC meal that came to £27. Whilst I do have quite an appetite it was 2 standard meals!

Good luck :-)

To be honest - blinding place and we loved it. Even did a day trip to Westmann Islands (there's a little airfield you drive to and call for the plane (its like a taxi). Little 6 seater and I was in the front. Cost £40 return back then and was blinding

Iceland rocks!
  • Do you mean Reykjavik comma Iceland full stop?
  • I went a few years ago and was paying about 7 euros for a pint. Decent place and friendly people though.
  • Very expensive if you drink, but very worth a visit. Stayed there in mid-summer some years ago and it didn't get dark. Weird feeling. Very friendly. Went whale watching and saw loads of Puffins :-)
  • Heard Iceland's a great place to go, although it's expensive. Have fun!
  • Reykjavik is a great town to visit. I was there a few years ago now but I would recommend the Siggi Hall restaurant at the Hotel Odinsve. Siggi Hall is the most famous chef in Iceland & used to present TV programmes out there. Also try the Kaffibarrin bar, which is part owned by Damon Albarn from Blur / Godzilla, & the Blue Lagoon, where it is worth spending at least half a day to try out the spa & the food in the on site restaurant.
  • It's interesting but a bit bleak.
  • Did it get cheaper after their economy collapsed?
  • There are a few gems in the town centre but for the life of me I can't remember the names. Sadly what I do remember is that it is very expensive to eat out there. Someone mentioned KFC already. My wife and I thought we would go to the Pizza Hut in an attempt to get something cheap. It wasn't! £30 for a small pizza and a pasta with no alcohol! Value for money this was not. The town/city itself is also a bit bleak. I am all for trying local delicacies too but whale meat was not for me.

However it is a must go to destination because the natural sights are something else! The Golden Circle tour is a must as well as a trip to the Blue Lagoon. And wrap up warm!

Enjoy!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Am really jealous have always wanted to visit Reykjavik
  • I'm off to Reykjavic this weekend for 3 nights. The Northern Lights and Whale Watching are part of our plans whilst we're there.

Just wondereed if anyone has ever been? Looking for restaurant reccomendations, sights worth seeing etc!

Thanks

Lets us know how it went, i want to visit Reykjavik at some point in the future.
  • Thanks very much for the tips guys. I'm all packed & ready to go... Not sure My wallet is ready though! :) will let you know how it goes
  • Get the bus to the city from the airport. Never ever take a taxi unless someone else is paying. It's freaking miles away!
    Have a great trip!

• Heard Iceland's a great place to go, although it's expensive. Have fun!

My mum goes there quite often...............
  • Thanks very much for the tips guys. I'm all packed & ready to go... Not sure My wallet is ready though! :) will let you know how it goes

If you get a chance to go and see the Tectonic plates, it's well worth a visit.