Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Restaurants in London

Can anyone recommend any Restaurants in Central London?

I used to enjoy the Mermaid Restaurant at Leicester Square but unfortunatly that got shut down :(

Comments

• Type of cuisine?? You can literally have food from any part of the world now.
  • Best grub I have had was at Pied a Terre
  • RexTail on Albermarle St is very good and for only £70 for a steak it is an absolute steal too. Enjoy.
  • Try Zedel in Piccadilly but you will need to book evenings. http://www.brasseriezedel.com/
  • What style and budget?
  • edited December 2013
    Went to Boyd's brassiere in Northumberland Ave and had the pre theatr menu. Was lovely.
  • Porters on Henrietta Street is nice and has a fantastic British menu.
  • Bangkok kitchen by Southark station.
  • Would definitely second Brasserie Zedel in Piccadilly, one of the most impressive rooms in the city and classic French bistro cooking at a surprisingly reasonable price. Other favourites include Basque tapas at Donostia in Marylebone, Peruvian grub and pisco sours at Ceviche in Soho, and meat, meat and more meat at Quality Chop House in Farringdon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cote Brasserie at London Bridge (there are other locations as well) - superb!

• Maccy D's - superb!

• Cote Brasserie at London Bridge (there are other locations as well) - superb!

This place is vry nice, decent down-to-Earth food too.

There's a bunch of places I've gone on work things to, but certainly can't afford myself -

Quo Vadis, Smiths of Smithfield, Club Gascon.

For West End - The Cork and Bottle.

But right now, I'm only interested in Five Guys.
  • Angler at South Place hotel has just been awarded a michelin star but remains reasonably priced and not up its own arse. Excellent if you like fish/seafood.
  • Angus Steakhouse ....
  • Sheekys also good for seafood near Leicester square. Texture round the back of selfridges, la chapelle at Liverpool street. Pied a terre and l'autre pied are both excellent. L'autre pied is less stuffy and has more of an atmosphere.

Tom aitkens is nice but pricey.
  • Boom said:

Sheekys also good for seafood near Leicester square. Texture round the back of selfridges, la chapelle at Liverpool street. Pied a terre and l'autre pied are both excellent. L'autre pied is less stuffy and has more of an atmosphere.

Hark at Egon Ronay!
  • Boom said:

Sheekys also good for seafood near Leicester square. Texture round the back of selfridges, la chapelle at Liverpool street. Pied a terre and l'autre pied are both excellent. L'autre pied is less stuffy and has more of an atmosphere.

Pied a Terre is on My to do list. Is that a two star? Had dinner at Sketch near hamleys last week. Very nice if you fancy something a bit different. Aquashard is very nice at the Shard but getting a table is very difficult.

• Off_it said:

Boom said:

Hark at Egon Ronay!
    And none are as good as the chippy i've just been to!
  • Cantina Laredo on Upper St Martins lane, near Covent Garden. Mexican restaurant, best food I have had in years and loads of choices.
  • Sponsored links:

• Boom said:

Off_it said:

Boom said:

Hark at Egon Ronay!
    And none are as good as the chippy i've just been to!
    You can take the lad out of the north ...........
  • Hop on a tube to the Angel and go to the fabulous Fredericks. London's finest in my opinion.
  • If anyone is looking for a nice local meal, I've just placed a new Head Chef at Spread Eagle in Greewich
  • Bodeans in Soho/Tower Hill.
  • Jamie Oliver`s Barbecoa just behind St Paul's. Go for the 72-day aged Prime Rib on the bone for 2 persons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't forget the Duck-Fat Chips.
  • Rules maiden lane near covent garden .
  • Is anyone else getting the sponsored by Greggs advert?
  • edited December 2013
    Randalls at the intercontinental is excellent

Also Clos Maggiore in Covent garden
  • If anyone is looking for a nice local meal, I've just placed a new Head Chef at Spread Eagle in Greewich

Spread Eagle was a regular haunt for company dos in the nineties - superb restaurant.

Went to Cinnamon Soho last night, great limited choice pre-theatre dinner for £18.
  • Agree with stonemuse on Clos Maggiore. Also Gatti's Restaurant near Liverpool Street - great food & excellent service. Bleeding Heart in Farringdon is also very special.