Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wilfred Zaha

2»

Comments

• Options

Chunes said:

Being broke doesn't make you work harder. And being rich doesn't make you lazy.

You're either a grafter or you're not.

I think that is true for some but I am also certain that for others once they are made for life it takes a certain edge and incentive away for them to put their best in. No idea if that would be the case for Zaha though who I have never met but always thought was a rather average player, massively over sold by Palace.
    i think id be more of a grafter if i had 5 children to support and a big mortgage ..i accept that peoples levels of self motivation are different but i would certainly work harder if i were poorer and i would certainly be less bothered to work hard if i were richer

• Options

Chunes said:

I think that is true for some but I am also certain that for others once they are made for life it takes a certain edge and incentive away for them to put their best in. No idea if that would be the case for Zaha though who I have never met but always thought was a rather average player, massively over sold by Palace.
    Palace have always been good at generating hype relating to their 'hot prospects' - see also John Bostock, although that one came back to bite them somewhat
    Bostock signed for that European powerhouse Belgian div 2 side OH Leuven today!
  • Options
    I think it's the leisure past times that become available to wealthy young men that affect their motivation and 'graft'.

As a young apprentice at Palace he was probably motivated to get into the first team, where as, at United he was probably more motivated to get onto the pants of a super model at a night club that charges £500 for a bottle of Champagne.

I know what I'd rather be doing.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Chunes said:

Palace have always been good at generating hype relating to their 'hot prospects' - see also John Bostock, although that one came back to bite them somewhat
    Expect to see him at The Valley soon then.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Chunes said:

After a brief loan spell at the Massives, any club would be a step down ;-)
  • Options
    Grabbed the last minute equaliser today.
  • Options
    So effin what?
  • Options

Obviously being surrounded by mentally challenged supporters has rubbed off on the poor boy.
    Can't get much more classic Nigel than this

I have that christmas jumper. :(
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Obviously being surrounded by mentally challenged supporters has rubbed off on the poor boy.

I have the hat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its a ten gallon hat on a two pint head.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    dizzee said:

LuckyReds said:

I have the hat
    One of our own 27 year old supporters has that hat or one very similar.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I'm no fashion expert, as anyone who knows me would tell you, but I just don't understand why someone would wear a hat like that unless it's for a joke. (And I don't get the impression that the hat is a joke, the jumper yes, but not the hat...)
    He genuinely looks to me like a toddler wearing his dad's hat. :smiley:
  • Options
    dizzee said:

LuckyReds said:

I have the hat
    I have the jeans - and rather more nicely filled out too, ta very much
  • Options
    I have that plant.
  • Options
    I have the other end of that sofa
  • Options
    Anyone got a staircase like that?
  • Options
    The snowman's a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    What you can't see is David Moyes daughter waiting at the top of those stairs gagging for it...
  • Options
    buckshee said:

dizzee said:

LuckyReds said:

I have the hat
    One of our own 27 year old supporters has that hat or one very similar.
    Ye I just told you... I've got it.