Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Work Xmas Party Embarrassing Stories?

Anyone got any?

We had our party on Friday Night and there was girl that is rather embarrassed today after getting very friendly with someone else. I feel for her I hate that feeling after getting drunk thinking what have i done!

Comments

• Options
    Rules.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Pool table. CCTV camera. Lets leave it at that.

Actually - do work summer parties count? Because if they do, I've done something even worse.
  • Options

Actually - do work summer parties count? Because if they do, I've done something even worse.

oh, do tell !
    ;-)

• Options

Do we know him? :-)
  • Options
    I was 21 and working for a publishers in Old St.
    During the Christmas drinks party in the directors suite, I got stuck into a bottle of whisky and told one of the directors what I thought of his team West Ham.
    Apparently my analysis was laced with every known profanity plus a few hand gestures, before I took my leave and proceeded to fall down a flight of steps, smashing my head on a radiator.
    Strangely I've never even had strong feelings about West Ham!
    Not the easiest apology I've ever made.
  • Options
    started in a job just after turning 18 in October 1992, xmas party was in the office canteen from 5.30pm onwards one friday in december (about 160 odd people there)....got very friendly with one of the typists and ended up down on one of the other floors later on in the evening.

anyway, someone else obviously knew what had gone on as I come in Monday morning and the 2 old boys on receiption pull me to one side to tip me the wink that the CCTV picked up all that I did friday night etc and that someone might want a 'word' with me, I was crapping myself that I was for the tin tack, they kept it up all day before confessing as I left for the day that it was a wind up.
  • Options
    At an xmas party when I was in my early 20's I left with a member of the opposite sex. We walked to the cab rank and then went our separate ways. After about a week back at work a colleague came up to me and congratulated me on the cool way I had handled the 'situation', not being embarrassed and not worrying about everybody knowing. 'Knowing what' I asked. 'About your drunken one night stand with xx' says he. Turns out we had been the centre of gossip for a week as everyone had seen us go for a taxi together and assumed we had gone home together.
    That is as near to excitement as I ever get at work.
  • Options
    I beat up my best mate at a Xmas party.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    As above.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

I beat up my best mate at a Xmas party.

is he still your 'best mate' ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    About 5 years ago, we had our Sainsbury's christmas party at the Ashford International Hotel.

We started in the town, where I had 3 pints and a cuban, followed by another 3 pints at the hotel, plus about 7 cubans and a few shots, all in about an hour and half. My mate then gave me a jab in the side, which resulted in me being sick all over the floor of the gents, including on a rug which my mate stuck in the bin, with it sticking out the top.

This, coupled with another mate having another incident, resulted in our Sainsbury's being banned from having parties at the International Hotel for the 2nd time in 3 years. However, they still have the regional parties there.

I did wake up with a nice clear head though!