Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Virgin TV

Not sure if anyone here has this but our main box downstairs isn't working but the one in the bedroom is.

It shows all the TV guide of what is on etc but won't play the chanels.

Does anyone else have problems with Virgin at the moment or had this before?

Comments

• Normally a reset fixes this on my virgin box. Turn the power off at the mains for 30 seconds and it should start up ok.
  • If the box upstairs is working then the Virgin service is ok. Reboot your box.
  • I did try that when I fist got in from work but no joy, I ended up leaving it off for half hour and it seems ok
  • Swap boxes to see if the problem moves to the other room. If it doesn't it could be the cable.
  • had a problem last week ... engineer turned up and turned out to be a loose connection on the box
  • edited December 2013
    Box in the living room packed up Friday morning. I called an engineer.

I had 2 boxes, so I swapped it for the box in the kitchen & you guessed it. Neither then worked.

Engineer turns up Monday afternoon. 3 times I helped him "fix" problems that he couldn't. Re leads, smart cards & scanning serial numbers.

He left at 4 pm and by 7 pm it was fooked again.

Coming back again tomorrow.

Chunts ! I think their set top boxes are made with chewing gum.

PS At least I missed most of the 2nd Test. Silver lining :-)
  • Maybe if they spent more on their equipment and less on advertising it would be better. We get EVERY week, without fail, a mail shot from Virgin Media. Sometimes a big A4 size full colour pamphlet and sometimes a smaller envelope full of gumph. It's has been probably going on for about four years. I'm still with Sky.