Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Black Sabbath at the O2

I'm going to see them tonight. Really looking forward to it. Anyone else been/going?

Comments

• No, wish I was, though I've heard from friends Ozzie's voice has had it, though strangely it doesn't seem to detract from the show.
  • Hope it's better than Mott the Hoople
  • Oh p.s. chuck a few eggs at the support band for me, If you have a word with Sharon she'll sort you out with some as she has history for this...
  • I'd not heard of the support band before. I just checked out a video on youtube and they sound very similar to early Black Sabbath so I reckon they'll be okay.

youtube.com/watch?v=zfNHX5k9N-A
  • edited December 2013
    they're ok ,but I'm too cynical of most of what's gone on.
  • Wish I was going to see this. I like Ozzy but am a big fan of Tony Iommi's guitar work.
  • His lead parts are where it's at, his feel and phrasing is incredible, one of the few players I've not seen anyone able to copy, so unique.
  • Youngest coming back from Uni for this. Gutted all the times I played him the Jam and Clash. He obviously was not listening properly!
  • Yep i'm going....getting a bit nervous now!
  • Is the support band Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats?? If so they're really good... seen them a few times... obviously not as good as the Wounded Kings
  • Sponsored links:

• Obviously ;O)

• I'll be there tonight, looking forward to it. Hoping to hear some tracks from '13' (which is brilliant) along with some old classics. Shame Bill Ward won't be there though.

• They've only been playing one, two, at a push off '13' been all classics-give you the set-list if you like ha ha...
  • RedMist said:

They've only been playing one, two, at a push off '13' been all classics-give you the set-list if you like ha ha...

Well I expect they'll play End of the Beginning and God Is Dead but I do think it'll be a classics driven set ie Black Sabbath, Iron Man, Children of the Grave, Paranoid, Into the Void and also hopefully a personal fave of mine Dirty Women. Don't spoil it for me though!
  • Is the support band Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats?? If so they're really good... seen them a few times... obviously not as good as the Wounded Kings

:)

• Just got back and had a great time apart from the arseholes stood next to me who thought they were in a mosh pit whilst in a seated area about half a mile from the stage. The only consolation for having half a pint spilled over me was what I did with the other half :)

Sabbath were fantastic and whilst Ozzy was never the strongest vocalist I think his voice is just about still holding up. Iommi, Butler and the drummer (whose name I don't know) are absolutely amazing and can absolutely blast some much younger bands off the stage. Loved it!
  • Fantastic night. Was up in the Gods but looking down on the stage. A great mix of old and new was played and good to hear some that haven't been aired in years such as Under The Sun and Behind the Wall of Sleep. Notable mention to drummer Tommy Clufetos who was excellent with a great drum solo to boot.

For me the highlight was Tony Iommi's fantastic lead work, he truly is the riffmaster.

I enjoyed Uncle Acid and detected some very 'Iommiesqe' riffs in there. A band to keep tabs on methinks.