Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portable Wireless Speakers

Want to get some and am considering either Beats Pill, Jambox mini or Bose Soundbox mini. All about the same price. Anyone got any experience of any of them, any recommendations?

Comments

• Bose are good
  • Bose....End of
  • Bose! Stay away from Beats stuff, over priced crap.
  • I've got a Sonos set up in doors and while it is amazing its not truly portable.

You will not get anything else better than the below for the price and it comes in Charlton red.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio/portable-audio/portable-speakers/ultimate-ears-boom-wireless-portable-speaker-red-white-21472777-pdt.html
  • Sonos is great but very expensive and not portable.

• Sonos is the best, Bose is generally bought by people who buy a brand without regard for value, Beats are generally bought by absolute cretins.

I have a Phillips one and its pretty good. Sonos if you have a good budget if I were you, otherwise there are some quite good reasonably priced ones from Phillips that have Airplay :)
  • Recently brought the Bose Soundlink Mini and find it an excellent little speaker... Connects up to my phone really quick and the quality is amazing... Quite heavy though because of the Battery (which I think only lasts 7-hrs) and the Charger would be quite a nuisance for travelling as its a cradle that the Speaker sits on.

For home use though... 10/10!!
  • my Jambox is pretty impressive and easy to move around....
  • It really depends what you want them for, if it was for me, I'd save my money.
    If you want a big sound you really do these http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/acapella-spharon-excalibur-speakers-pair.
    They are not wireless but they are quite good.

Bose or Sonos if you can stretch the budgie a bit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just looking for some quality wireless speakers for use around the house, in the garden, on holiday etc. Seems like Bose will be the best bet. Thanks for the input chaps.
  • Has anyone got the Sonos sub? Really want it but trying to justify £600 to myself - is it worth it? Have 2x Play 5s
  • Recently brought the Bose Soundlink Mini and find it an excellent little speaker... Connects up to my phone really quick and the quality is amazing... Quite heavy though because of the Battery (which I think only lasts 7-hrs) and the Charger would be quite a nuisance for travelling as its a cradle that the Speaker sits on.

For home use though... 10/10!!

From what I have read on-line you can charge directly into the back of the speaker as well and don't need to lug the charger around. Is this not the case in reality?

• Jints said:

Has anyone got the Sonos sub? Really want it but trying to justify £600 to myself - is it worth it? Have 2x Play 5s

My nephew has the sub with the Sonos soundbar.

£600 is a bit toppy but it's a good bit of kit. Looks great too.
  • I have Bose and it's pretty good.
  • Bose voter here as well, plus the quality of their customer service is second to none.
  • Sonos is a great bit of kit. You can get a Sonos app on the iPad/iPhone that links with the box thing so with a click of a button on your sofa you can have different music playing out of the ceiling in the kitchen/lounge/bedroom/playroom etc ... absolutely class!
  • If you change your mind and dont mind going wired, you really cant go wrong with a minirig http://minirigs.co.uk/
  • Sonos for me too. Have the Play 5 and am considering a second one or the Playbar for the front room….although £599 a big stiff without a Sub Woofer.
  • shine166 said:

If you change your mind and dont mind going wired, you really cant go wrong with a minirig http://minirigs.co.uk/

Don't think you can beat a minirig in that price bracket.

• Sponsored links:

• If anyone wants any Sonos gear I can get 10% discounted for you. This week only though.
  • Just bought my first Sonos speakers. Absolutely and utterly brilliant!

It's a Play:1, which I bought to "test the water". I now intend to get a Connect:Amp to power two pairs of in-ceilings in the kitchen, another one for a pair in the en suite bathroom and another one for a pair outside. I am also tempted by the Playbar...
  • Did the same buying the play 1. Sounds good.
  • edited January 2014
    minirig is the only way to go, they are handmade sturdy and great sound, when they are available they come up on here
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Minirigs/247006268674447?fref=ts
  • Are all the artists and DJs who use Beats 'cretins' then? Actually fair play they probably are. But would radio stations, companies, sportsman etc all use Beats just because of the name if the sound quality is that bad?
  • In case that wasn't clear, I don't mean famous people = always right, must follow like sheep etc etc. But lately every time I see a radio station interview or someone DJing, they invariably have Beats. Would people working and living music and sound really use them if they were that bad?
  • Was recently given a iShower speaker for the bathroom. Bloody excellent, in fact we now have it mounted out by the pool.