Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bexleyheath Store

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
I see Kinsella is down there thursday night.
I've not been to the shop but from what I heard when it opened it didnt have much down there.
Does anyone know what the sales are like?

Comments

• Options
    Everytime I have been up the Broadway, it's not been busy. Trouble is I went in there with my 2 kids and we filled it. It's very small, rather embarrasing really. I would image that it does not take much money.
  • Options
    Yeah I was in there last saturday and bought some kids stuff

They threw a party , I was the 10th customer
  • Options
    it was a terrible decision in the first place, and would be interesting to know who was behind it.

The club has been needing some form of commercial and retail presence away from the Valley for a number of years, Bexleyheath was the prime location. Yet everything related to it, position, size, stock, pricing is hopelessly wrong.

It a shame because the club will burn their fingers on this and not repeat the exercise. But it could easily of been so very different, and its a shame for our local presence that it hasn't, and won't work out in its present format.

I get the impression the club dipped their toe in the water a touch, but if you are going to commit to something, do it properly, professionally and give it every chance of success.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]it was a terrible decision in the first place, and would be interesting to know who was behind it

Ben Hayes. FACT.
  • Options
    As can be expected, it seemed to do well over christmas ................
  • Options
    well said AFKA.

Hey can someone tell us where the bottled Ale idea has gone?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]it was a terrible decision in the first place, and would be interesting to know who was behind it.

The club has been needing some form of commercial and retail presence away from the Valley for a number of years, Bexleyheath was the prime location. Yet everything related to it, position, size, stock, pricing is hopelessly wrong.

It a shame because the club will burn their fingers on this and not repeat the exercise. But it could easily of been so very different, and its a shame for our local presence that it hasn't, and won't work out in its present format.

I get the impression the club dipped their toe in the water a touch, but if you are going to commit to something, do it properly, professionally and give it every chance of success.

Sorry Smudge but I disagree entirely, Yes they have dipped their toes but after the way they got totally f**ked when the mighty Allsports went under I think the Bexleyheath Store is a very sensible way to try and get back into the market.

The alternative would have been doing a Wet Sham and taking a prime location at huge rents in somewhere like Lakeside and not get the sales/exposure they thought they would get.

Don't get me wrong, the Bexleyheath site is very small but since Bluewater opened Bexleyheath has been dying on it's arris and thus prime retail sites are now going for much less in the way of rent than they were. The club has a foot in the door and if sales are good enough then they will have the option to move to better/bigger premises within the Broadway Centre.

This is the first time the club have moved away from the "SUPERSTORE" at the Valley and I think should be supported.

Only my view you understand