Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Wow!

Hold the front page!
  • Options
    Not seen any news articles on here relating to a local councillor backing us fans? Maybe you could enlighten me? If you have
  • Options
    Thanks for that, I wouldn't of looked back through that thread, not the best when it comes to computers
  • Options
    Have people seriously been going to see their local MP because they are unhappy about the lack of information from a football club?
    It's a good job there are no serious issues in the country to deal with at the moment.
  • Options
    DRF said:

Have people seriously been going to see their local MP because they are unhappy about the lack of information from a football club?
    It's a good job there are no serious issues in the country to deal with at the moment.

Lol, I was thinking that, how sad a person do you need to be to go and see your MP about something so trivial.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    He's not an MP, he's a councillor representing Woolwich Riverside. Not impossible someone's mentioned it to him, but hardly likely he's had a series of approaches from different people, given the immediate issue is nothing to do with him. Much more likely he's stirring the pot in the hope that questions are asked about Chris Roberts.
  • Options

He's not an MP, he's a councillor representing Woolwich Riverside. Not impossible someone's mentioned it to him, but hardly likely he's had a series of approaches from different people, given the immediate issue is nothing to do with him. Much more likely he's stirring the pot in the hope that questions are asked about Chris Roberts.

Tend to agree with the above comment, and frankly the behaviour of the said leader is both under investigation and concern by several people both within his own political party, and a few others. I see nothing wrong in local councillors taking an active interest in local matters, and perhaps if more did so then the alleged behaviour of the council which has been well reported would not have got to sorry sate of affairs it currently enjoys!
    You only have to ask Peter Caldwell..... politics aside.
    Personally I was most grateful for the support of the ward councillors in the ACV application, especially Cllr Gillman who was extremely supportive, as was the MP's both Labour and Conservative. I really do not want to get involved in political gestures, or turn this into a pro/anti labour posting, there will be enough on this site to advise you of that!.

• Options
    It should hopefully provoke a response of some sort though.

If there are any handouts at the game tomorrow about a new ground or anything interesting can someone grab me one.
  • Options
    mate the last thing i remember as a hand out from our club at the gate didnt go down to well-----------"two weeks time we moving to Shitout Park"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like the way that in amongst all this silence from the club on all pertinent matters I get an email this afternoon from them called "News Update From The Valley".... with the main story being Keith Jones scoring against Liverpool 14 years ago.

They are bigger wind ups than the resurrected Takeover Complete thread!!
  • Options
    Can the Trust write to the club asking for an official update on the the reported speculation ?
  • Options
    we have taken steps in this regard already
  • Options
    Well done, thanks
  • Options
    Any politician who thinks that confidential negotiations should be "revealed in public" won't be getting by vote. Staggering naivity.
  • Options
    cochran45 said:

Any politician who thinks that confidential negotiations should be "revealed in public" won't be getting by vote. Staggering naivity.

As Airman has already said I think this is more to do with Roberts than Slater and Jimenez.