Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chicken and the egg question.

Do you think Charlton attracts pessimistic, doom and gloom masochists or does it turn them into pessimistic, doom and gloom masochists?

Comments

• Options
    The egg
  • Options
    I'll give you an answer once I've goggled what 'masochists' means...
  • Options
    Charltonised
  • Options
    ahh, so that's how you spell it.... yeah, it's the first one.

which begs the question: how many Charlton fans are into S&M?
  • Options
    Mother and Child Reunion
  • Options
    Looking at my photos as a kid there aren't many smiles after when I started going to Charlton. I'll therefore go for chicken.
  • Options

ahh, so that's how you spell it.... yeah, it's the first one.

which begs the question: how many Charlton fans are into S&M?

I am. We've ordered out turkey from them this year and their 3 for 2 offers on gifts is great.
  • Options
    Good question. I am convinced that the Valley was the object of a gypsy/pagan curse long ago .. all who enter the vale of gloom are doomed, (not domed).
    Realistically, when Arsenal moved to north London and achieved great and everlasting success, it left a residue of bitterness and chagrin amongst the Woolwich/Greenwich football following public who were left behind to live in isolation by the muddy Thames, a resentment, bitterness and almost genetic melancholy which persists to this day .. ((:>) or should it be ((:<)
  • Options
    Supporting our club gives you more kicks in the teeth than sweet moments. It can be argued that it makes those sweet moments all the sweeter! It does seem sometimes that if there is a chance for something to go wrong, it usually does where we are concerned! Always look on the bright side of life would be a much better song for us than Manure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a great question
  • Options

Mother and Child Reunion

Woooooossssssshhhhhhh

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Good question Absurdistan. I think it's what social scientists would call a complex interplay. I was wondering the other day, what sort of club is it that has as the opening line of it's best ever song, "Me football team just lost 4-1, I'm feeling sad I'm feeling glum"? Got to be related.
  • Options
    A bit of both. It doesn't specifically attract doom laden masochists, but the doom laden masochists are more likely to stick with it rather than find something more obviously satisfying to do. And the experiences that come with being a charlton fan just reinforce that particular world view.
  • Options
    Its the egg, the evolutionary deviance can only have occurred in the egg.

We have some bloody weird fans though, I wonder why some bother.
  • Options
    we just have a high % of pussies that follow us
  • Options

I'll give you an answer once I've goggled what 'masochists' means...

im going to have to google goggled,
  • Options

we just have a high % of pussies that follow us

Pussies, whiners, unrealistic(s) and people who have misunderstood what to support means.
  • Options
    It's a bit if both. Like millwall and their knuckledraggers, we attract and create misery
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every club is the same. Just listen to the phone in's on a Saturday evening - in fact, i stopped doing so because of all the Spurs, Arsenal, Man Utd etc fans phoning in and moaning.
  • Options
    I think supporting Charlton is a bit like falling in love with a beautiful woman that's just a bit above your 'level'. You feel elated when she says she will go out with you, and you think " I'm in here" then she strolls off with some other bloke at the disco whilst mouthing to you " Ring me."
    And you hate her and love her and you say you won't ring her any more but you always do and it happens all over again.
    :-)

• Options
    What's all this doom and gloom nonsense ? Being given the gift of being a Charlton supporter when I was a kid was one of the greatest things ever. It pervades every aspect and facet of my life every single day.
  • Options
    The charlton community scheme has done so much for my life as well as many others. Whats this doom and gloom all about - We are more than just a football club! we got a decent result recently with plenty of positives like wood, solly and yann all fit again COYR
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Living far away and not being able to take my medicine as regularly at the Valley, I have taken to walking up to perfect strangers in the street and asking them to kick me hard in the nuts. That more or less approximates a Charlton home performance for me... Happy days.