Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Half time on Saturday (Upbeats pitch invasion)

Comments

• AFKA in one of Henry's cardies ;-)
  • Thanks for the invite. What an absolute joy to meet a wonderful set of boys and girls.

The framed signed shirt given to @afkabartram had me in bits.
  • shirty5 said:

Thanks for the invite. What an absolute joy to meet a wonderful set of boys and girls.

The framed signed shirt given to @afkabartram had me in bits.

Lost my make up watching Afka being called up to say thanks. He doesn't take any glory for his website but that was brilliant.
    Such a lovely moment.
  • edited December 2013
    Think this is ok
  • You must have been pissed lying on the floor takin it
  • Dansk_Red said:

Link to video of the Upbeats on the pitch

So touching...Almost brought a tear to my eye.Well done to everyone involved.
  • That's blinding Danske, cheers mate
  • Fantastic video! Thanks.
  • edited December 2013
    Great stuff, thanks Danske.
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought the big lad was doing a Chris Martin impression :-)
  • oh just brilliant, the club maybe going through a rough patch but the Upbeats and all who support them make it all worth while.

thank you
  • Wonderful - well done to all those who make it possible for the upbeats.
  • They look like there having the time of there lives, well done all involved.
  • edited December 2013
    Think this one with Ray. No idea why posting sideways.
  • Lovely video. Also, nice to see some people who look happy and excited to be on the pitch.
  • Uboat said:

Lovely video. Also, nice to see some people who look happy and excited to be on the pitch.

The Upbeats were pretty chuffed as well. ;)

• edited December 2013
    Curb_It said:

Think this one with Ray. No idea why posting sideways.

Bailey was getting a kiss, I got one as well and a hug. Just at the same time as someone opened the doors and all that dust blew into my eyes. ;)

• Kudos to Derby supporters who applauded these guys too, it was a splendid sight to see all four stands cheering them on!
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done to all involved. Takes quite a lot to get me emotional these days but that lap of honour did it
  • Their fitness was incredible!
  • Well done, fantastic to see the pure joy.
  • Fantastic. Well done to everyone involved.

Nice vid Dansk.
  • Fantastic effort all round, big thanks to the Derby fans for their support - makes you realise what our club is all about! Good weekend for whats good about football (Danny Ings was pictured giving his boots to a disabled fan). Yet no pictures of these are shown in our great British press......different if it was a player being drunk etc!
  • I'm not posting this reply for self publicity, just wanted to say that I contributed to this great cause in a small way by buying one of the signed shirts and at the time was criticised by certain members of my family, who shall remain nameless!

To see the Upbeats running out at half time with such unbridled joy, resplendent in their new kits, was possibly one of the most heartwarming things I have seen at the Valley and I am not ashamed to admit I was on the verge of becoming quite 'emotional'. Probably one of the best ways to part with cash, I can throughly recommend it, and I am happy to say that those certain members of my family ate a huge portion of humble pie at the same time!

I'd like to add my congratulations to all those involved with this great cause and my thanks once again to the hard working few who organised the sales.
  • Bexley, it wasn't a small part it was a vital part and you and everyone else who donated, bid on or won items made it happen.
  • Truly truly wonderful. Our occasional neighbour, who is in his 50's now and has Down's, moved to a Barnardos home when his Mum died. His mum was told when he was born to take him home and care for him like you would a pet dog. This inspiring event that I have just watched not only reminds me that society can make massive differences to the quality of peoples lives, but that AFKA, Lookie and so many CL and Charlton people have something rather special that makes me very proud to be associated with them. A somewhat tearful well done to each and everyone of you that made this possible.
  • Bexley, it wasn't a small part it was a vital part and you and everyone else who donated, bid on or won items made it happen.

Henry, it was a small part and I thought long and hard about posting my comments as I didn't want to come across as some sort of crass attention seeker, but I also felt it important to express what a great feeling it was to see those delighted faces on Saturday and know I'd been part of it. If it makes just one person who reads it more likely to give in future then it had to be a risk worth taking. Thanks once again for your efforts.

• top man Bexley, I know exactly what you mean.