Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

8,000 at home in League One with 2 stands closed....

After losing today I feel like this could be our future. The last couple thousand holdovers from the prem days are long gone, so if we went down again I can't see us getting the 15-16K gates at home we managed from 2009-12...

Comments

• Options
    Pull yourself together - there's 26 games to go
  • Options
    I wonder what the capacity is of the North Lower and West Lower? I was gonna go but can't stand the view from either of these stands so probably won't bother now. Defeatist in not opening the East.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

After losing today I feel like this could be our future. The last couple thousand holdovers from the prem days are long gone, so if we went down again I can't see us getting the 15-16K gates at home we managed from 2009-12...

Jeez. I'm thinking this is a knee jerk reaction, post game.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

CAFCTrev said:

Jeez. I'm thinking this is a knee jerk reaction, post game.
    Win a couple of games and Ill be starting a thread on expanding the Valley for Champions League football....
  • Options
    Man up Trevor!!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Man up Trevor!!

I know, I know....
  • Options
    Sort it out trev... You couldn't be any more negative could you?
  • Options
    Were doomed.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Pull yourself together - there's 26 games to go

Yes and we have won 4 in the first 20
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Were doomed.

so we're not any more?
  • Options
    Trev, you're usually pretty positive. Come on lad!! Chin up!!
  • Options
    A month later how are we all feeling now?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

A month later how are we all feeling now?

mmmmmmmm .. I fear we are dependant on other clubs failures as much as we are masters of our own destiny .. in other words .. errrrrrr .. hopefully fearful .. ((:<) ... ((:>)
  • Options
    Win the game in hand and we're 4 points off 15th place. What's the significance of that? That's where we finished the year before Curbishley's first promotion.

Get a grip; hold tight; keep the faith. We're on the verge of something exciting...
  • Options
    More importantly.

How are you feeling trev?
  • Options
    I still believe we'll stay up but next Tuesday away to Donnie is a massive game.
  • Options
    We have a big few games coming up where we need to pick up some wins.

Donny may leapfrog us before next Tuesday as they have Blackpool on Sat. Either way, it is a six-pointer.
  • Options
    the team before has shown glimpses of good runs. remember the run of clean sheets. added to this a pacey striekr and some midfield muscle and contracts signed, we should end up lower mid table after getting some decent results in april. sound familier?
  • Options
    (difference is we will finish lower mid table not upper mid table
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    8,000 with two stands closed? Millwall don't get that with four open.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

More importantly.

Like a mid 80s Charlton fan....
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

mrbligh said:

More importantly.

Wow, i thought i was old !
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

mrbligh said:

More importantly.

no matter how bad it gets,

just remember.....

you'll always have your shell suit
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Sorry to sound like a miserable old (in my day) chappie .. BUT ... In the distant past when the valley WAS the valley with terraces that could accommodate 50,000+, I have stood and watched games in the lower divisions amongst 'crowds' as low as 3,4, and 5,000 .. attendances (more apt than 'crowds') of 8,000, if we were to go down again, could we'll be the norm. Let us hope this never comes to pass.
  • Options
    Cheer up!
  • Options
    ((:<)
  • Options

Sorry to sound like a miserable old (in my day) chappie .. BUT ... In the distant past when the valley WAS the valley with terraces that could accommodate 50,000+, I have stood and watched games in the lower divisions amongst 'crowds' as low as 3,4, and 5,000 .. attendances (more apt than 'crowds') of 8,000, if we were to go down again, could we'll be the norm. Let us hope this never comes to pass.

An extended spell in League One can impact any clubs fanbase, if we ended spending 10 years in L1 Id think we would struggle to get 10K regularly by the 10th year.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

An extended spell in League One can impact any clubs fanbase, if we ended spending 10 years in L1 Id think we would struggle to get 10K regularly by the 10th year.
    I try to be an upbeat and happy chappie at all times .. BUT .. I think that you are being wildly optimistic .. 10 years in the 3rd strata and still pulling gates of 10,000 ? .. let's hope that we never have to test this (or indeed my) theory
  • Options
    Do not be held captivity by your own negativity