Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation fight

I'm going for Barnsley, Yeovil and B'mouth.

Big game coming up for both of us soon though ;)

Comments

• Options
    I think we will pull it off on boxing day against Brighton and have a good run after that
  • Options
    I'd take that right now OP.
  • Options

I'd take that right now OP.

Things can change drastically though in this league, it's tight right up to mid table, you only have to win a game or two and it all changes again.

I was more hopeful when I said them three above, but I still think we'll do very well to avoid the drop this year, we're managerless and tbh there's not that many decent options out there.

I think Yeovils mini revival will come to an end soon but I do rate Johnson.

• Options
    If we're talking about the three clubs that go down then I think...

Barnsley / Yeovil and Doncaster (maybe Sheffield Wednesday depending who their new manager is)

How many people have actually seen Charlton in a proper Relegation battle like this and have seen us survive... I know we had the Leeds Play-Off which we won back in the 80s but since I've been a Season Ticket Holder (1998), if ever we've been in a relegation fight we've gone down.

(1998-99) - 18th Premier League
    (2006-07) - 19th Premier League
    (2008-09) - 24th Championship

i.e. Away from those three seasons (sorry to remind everyone of them) we usually end up pretty comfortable
  • Options
    I cling to the view/hope that Doncaster, Yeovil and Barnsley are worse than us, but what I saw yesterday did not encourage me to believe that we will have what it takes for a fight when we get to the arse end of the season. I think the general air of decay is getting worse and will ultimately condemn us just as much as will our ineptitude on the pitch. We will be saved only if the above 3 are as bad as I think they are.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Bournemouth have enough about them, as well as enough money, to stay away from a relegation battle IMO. The bottom five will probably stay as they are: us, Wendies, Barnsley, Doncaster and Yeovil. Just depends on the order of those five...

Saying that, Boro are capable of a Wolves-style collapse and that small club from Bermondsey have surely had more than enough seasons at this level now? Maybe it's their year to be relegated... we can hope. :-)
  • Options
    I think we'll both be in it for sometime to come. All depends on where we are after January in terms of squad improvement which will determine if either of us have enough to pull away from it.
  • Options
    Charlton v Wednesday will be a crucial game I feel.

I'd take a point.
  • Options
    So would I. Feck knows when our next win will come from.
  • Options

I'm going for Barnsley, Yeovil and B'mouth.

Big game coming up for both of us soon though ;)

Crawler! Happy Christmas :0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barnsley, Bournemouth, Yeovil. We'll be ok, but only just!
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if Bournemouth went down. I could only really see Doncaster going down instead of us.
  • Options

So would I. Feck knows when our next win will come from.

I've said that so many times over the last season and then we have won the next game so I live in hope but not expectation.

The thing is we are only "just" losing have a reasonable defence and midfield, we just need a bit of luck and a striker have a purple patch -- kermogant, church or sordell.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Charlton could be in the bottom 3 come Wendsday if the Massive win their game in hand against Wigan. :-(
  • Options
    Put all sharp objects away folks it's Christmas, who knows what Santa may bring us :-)
  • Options
    We won`t beat Brighton or Wednesday, both 0.1 defeats with the usual crap being served up! Let`s not kid ourselves on this!
  • Options
    Us Yeovil and Barnsley.
    (Sheffield Wednesday will come good)
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Charlton could be in the bottom 3 come Wendsday if the Massive win their game in hand against Wigan. :-(

Or draw.

• Options
    Do Wednesday have a game in hand.
  • Options
    Lucky that Wigan will spank them then ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, we play Wigan on Wednesday, btw Wigan won Bolton today 3-2 so hopefully they might roll over midweek.
  • Options

Yeah, we play Wigan on Wednesday, btw Wigan won Bolton today 3-2 so hopefully they might roll over midweek.

I suspect that if Powell had had the money and access to players that was given to the statue called Dave Jones, we (that is CAFC) would be in a play off position
  • Options

I suspect that if Powell had had the money and access to players that was given to the statue called Dave Jones, we (that is CAFC) would be in a play off position
    What money?

• Options
    to bring in the players listed here as well as Madine, referred to as on a 'career break'

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/sheffield-wednesday/transfers/verein_1035.html
  • Options
    I think some of you need to wake up & smell the coffee, Unless either A) there is a takeover or B) the owners have a change of heart & give CP some money then we are going down with t'Barnsley and either Yeovil or Donny. I've never seen a team so shot shy & ineffective up front as the "team" we currently have. We are joint lowest goalscorers in the whole 92 league system (with Crewe) - 16 goals in 20 games is diabolical and I believe the worst in our history.

If you really think we are going to finish at least 4th from bottom please tell me where the goals are going to come from to win games;;;;I'd love to know
  • Options

I think some of you need to wake up & smell the coffee, Unless either A) there is a takeover or B) the owners have a change of heart & give CP some money then we are going down with t'Barnsley and either Yeovil or Donny. I've never seen a team so shot shy & ineffective up front as the "team" we currently have. We are joint lowest goalscorers in the whole 92 league system (with Crewe) - 16 goals in 20 games is diabolical and I believe the worst in our history.

If you really think we are going to finish at least 4th from bottom please tell me where the goals are going to come from to win games;;;;I'd love to know

Unfortunately this.

• Options
    Everyone on this site can see we need to score goals. Church is not the answer, Sordell for some reason never given much of a chance (I know he can't play next week). Boardroom don't seem to want to help Powell at all, so why not give Joe Piggott another chance and recall Michael Smith. Surely they can't be much worse than what we've got at the moment!
  • Options
    we are toothless in attack at present and unless we get strikers in we will definitely go down to Div one. Kermorgan is not the player he was for reasons unknown, Sordell is not going to be given a chance by CP and Church is a poor finisher. In absence of funds CP has to recall Smith and give Piggot a run albeit I doubt they are the answer.
  • Options

If we're talking about the three clubs that go down then I think...

Barnsley / Yeovil and Doncaster (maybe Sheffield Wednesday depending who their new manager is)

How many people have actually seen Charlton in a proper Relegation battle like this and have seen us survive... I know we had the Leeds Play-Off which we won back in the 80s but since I've been a Season Ticket Holder (1998), if ever we've been in a relegation fight we've gone down.

(1998-99) - 18th Premier League
    (2006-07) - 19th Premier League
    (2008-09) - 24th Championship

i.e. Away from those three seasons (sorry to remind everyone of them) we usually end up pretty comfortable

A lot of the fanbase will remember the late 70s along with Lennies great escape year after year and those times have some resonance with now. Its a battle and our clubs future is at stake.
    We need three points from Wednesday - we were better than them and Huddersfield when we came up and need to stay better!
    What doesn't kill us makes us stronger! So let us get through this dark night and await the dawn.

• Options
    Charlton, Yeovil and Barnsley for relegation. We do not have a squad capable of turning it around, Saturday showed how quickly their heads drop. They had no belief they could get back into the game when 1-0 down.