Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Not only did we lose yesterday................

My Grandson, Freddie who was one of the mascots yesterday has just spent all morning at Basildon hospital after managing to his tear his ankle ligaments on the pitch yesterday!!

He has got to go back in a weeks time because they fear the ligament has pulled a small piece of bone away from the ankle.... how's your luck!

He'll certainly remember his day as a mascot, that's for sure!

Although the day didn't finish that well for him, I would just like to say a big thanks to all the staff for organising such a wonderful match day experience for the mascots. Sue, the lady that looks after the kids on the day deserves a special mention as she was great with them.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear that Essex_Al, hope he recovers ASAP.
    I tell ya, were cursed. Bl@@dy Toolbox pikey's
  • Options
    I blame Ben Hamer for showing him how it's done.
  • Options
    I hope that Freddie fully recovers @Essex-Al .. does this say a lot about the state of the valley pitch ?
  • Options
    It's amazing isn't it, he plays for Thurrock Dynamos U7 every week and yet does this in a silly little kick about.

I did feel sorry for him as he was in tears last night and couldn't put his foot on the floor. What made it even worse was that he has had to miss the junior addicks Christmas party today. I was taking him and looking forward to meeting some of the players myself!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that @Essex_Al, hope he gets well soon.
  • Options
    Bloody pitch! Poor lad hope hes ok soon
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your Grandson! The day will live long in the memory that's for sure.

The lady in charge of the mascots is named Sue, biggest Charlton fan you will ever meet in your life, great woman.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Sue the lady that looks after the kids.

Where there's blame, there's a claim ;)

Hope he's not out for too long and sure he enjoyed the day, anyway..
  • Options
    Thanks for all your best wishes, he is off school today and my wife is having to look after him so I'm sure he will be spoilt rotten!

Another funny thing from Saturday was that Freddie's Dad (my son) is quite good at drawing cartoon characters, so he did one of Johnnie Jackson to get signed. I'm not quite sure what went wrong, but John thought it was for him and Freddie came home without it and as he was already tearful, this upset him even more!

Anyway, I contacted John on Twitter and he saw the funny side of it and promised to get it back to Freddie for the next home game, signed.

I must say we do seem to have a pretty decent bunch of staff and players at the club.
  • Options
    Hope he gets well soon and gets another chance on the valley pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oops, sorry just realised you mentioned that her name was Sue in your OP.
  • Options
    Blimey, Essex, that's bad luck. But I can see you like a risk - taking your grandson to Basildon - I'd have given it a swerve and driven up to Broomfield!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Thanks for all your best wishes, he is off school today and my wife is having to look after him so I'm sure he will be spoilt rotten!

Another funny thing from Saturday was that Freddie's Dad (my son) is quite good at drawing cartoon characters, so he did one of Johnnie Jackson to get signed. I'm not quite sure what went wrong, but John thought it was for him and Freddie came home without it and as he was already tearful, this upset him even more!

That's really made me laugh Al !

Sorry to hear about Freddie, really hope it isn't too bad mate.

• Options
    cafcfan said:

Blimey, Essex, that's bad luck. But I can see you like a risk - taking your grandson to Basildon - I'd have given it a swerve and driven up to Broomfield!

Ha ha, I know exactly what you mean, unfortunately Freddie lives in Thurrock so that is his local hospital, whereas I live in Canvey and mine is Southend (not much better I know!). What makes it worse is he has to go back next Monday to be re-assessed, poor sod!
  • Options
    It can convince you that there is somebody up there who enjoys kicking Charlton fans in the teeth! I hope he makes a swift recovery. Would be nice if the club gave him a free repeat when he does as a special day was no doubt ruined.